Posted September 23, 2013
E-Stem is awesome. I can't imagine my having to send my daughter to any other school. She loves school and loves her teachers and Principal and has great friends. We have been truely blessed to have the teachers she has had. I feel she is always in a safe, secure, caring environment. E-Stems location is great and it affords so many opportunities for enrichment within wallking distance from the school. There area also plenty of family activities to allow important parent, student, and teacher fellowship. And, academically we could not ask for more, always in awe of the subject matter covered. Wonderful School!

Posted June 24, 2013
There is a serious problem with the leadership at this school. Rash decisions are made spontaneously that impact students, often in negative ways. The teachers seem highly stressed, not surprisingly, since there is a abnormally high turnover rate. I overheard a student talking to a teacher who did not get her contract renewed, and the child said, "This happens every year. My favorite teachers always leave." Surely there can't be that many bad teachers at this school. Is there an abuse of the charter school waiver occuring, in which the director simply chooses her faculty based on her preference rather than teacher performance? When I was a child I had teachers in school who were still teaching at the same school until they retired. I could go back and visit them. It gave me a sense of security. What is going on at this school that they can't keep their teachers? Why are teachers so stressed out? How will this impact the quality of student education?

Posted June 24, 2013
My son's 2nd grade teacher called me this year and said, "Your child beat another child in the restroom." My immediate reaction was OMG is the child OK. Where is my son? What happened? Is the child in the hospital? The teacher says, "oh no, everything is fine. I just wanted you to know what happened." I was furious. This teacher decided to use the word beat when referring to my black son and his horse playing with another white boy. I was furious. My child have never exhibited aggressive behavior in the past therefore when she said beat I was blown away. After that, it was one issue after another. This teacher was unable to effectively teach my son and obtain the behavioral results she desired because she was biased towards him and he knew she didn't like him. Teachers at this school will always say that they didn't see the incident but another student told them what happened and that is how they determine punishment and truth. This school could be a great school, yet they are unwilling to listen. The other bad thing is parents are not allowed to drop in on their child. If you want to check in on your child you have to make an appointment. What do they have to hide?

Posted January 05, 2013
I have been so impressed by the overall caring staff and teachers at E-stem. We have had our children in some of the LR private schools and really find that this public school's staff is better than what we've seen elsewhere. Great school, keep up the good work.

Posted June 25, 2012
After 3 years, I am pulling my sons out of eStem. Everything is score/test based. The child isn't considered at all. No tolerence policy and lack of attention to Bully complaints. My youngest has had the brunt of the bullying and my oldest is the "forgotten" child who needs a little more attention than just a number on a test.

Posted June 22, 2012
My son just finished his first year at eStem and he loved it! H was in the second grade and the quarterly assessments helped identify his problem with reading right away. Where we were before only gave him minimal help, but this school took the time to catch him up to grade level. The extended day is nice also where students get more time to learn and play at school.

Posted March 02, 2012
This is my son's first year at eStem and he is in 1st grade. I am a parent that wants to know all the teachers, not just my child s and I feel I am well rounded in making a good judgment on this school. This school is super high on technology, paperless, and up there regarding their expectations of their students. The students get to experience so much because of their location. CEO John Bacon does an incredible job at keeping parents informed about the creative and innovative activities the students are involved in. So far, I am very pleased and excited we get to experience the environment eStem staff, have to offer.

Posted July 03, 2010
This school is excellent in EVERY way. Very well rounded (ethnic, male/femal, disabilities, etc.) in all aspects. This school has a very safe and business feel to it. The students and teachers know what is expected of them. There is an unspoken and humble PRIDE at this school! I would highly recommend this school to anyone.

E-Stem Public Charter Elementary School 4

Posted January 26, 2010

E-Stem Public Charter Elementary School
112 West Third St 1st Floor, Little Rock, AR  72201
Last modified E-Stem Public Charter Elementary School is a Charter school that serves grades K-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E-Stem Public Charter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top