Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 21, 2015
It is hard to tell due to a lot of turnover and because of the amount of inexperienced teachers they have.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted July 21, 2015
One of my kids didn't do any homework, the other one did more. I can't tell if it is the student or the difference in how it is being managed since they are three years apart.

E-Stem Public Charter Middle School 3

Posted July 21, 2015
Kids will learn. It has a great balance of race and economic status in the student population. Their stem classes are not strong though. My child is supposedly a great student and liked by his teachers but he would often have detentions, weekly which kept him from what little recess he had. If I tried to address it with the teacher, it was blown off as if that is normal. They advanced kids too fast in math, this year they have supposedly changed that but not until after making a mess with my daughter's education. They may put your child in a high school level course but they aren't teaching well enough and the kid isn't prepared nor are the parents I spoke with understanding that their kid is in a course that will go on their high school transcript.

E-Stem Public Charter Middle School 1

Posted June 29, 2015
I honestly cannot wait to get out of this hell hole of a school. If you value your mental or physical health, don't go to estem. If you value your freedom of expression and creativity I suggest you run fast. Don't ever go here. You'll regret it

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 29, 2015
I have had multiple nights where I stayed up until six in the morning to finish all the work that was Givin and on the nights that I did try to sleep I cried myself to sleep because of all the stress I am under

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
If what you mean by determination you mean staying up all night getting no sleep and sacrificing our mental health to get good grades I guess you could say that. But in my eyes all I see is an administration that pushes the students too hard and doesn't know how to let us express ourselves.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
At this school, no one respects anyone. Non of the students give each other respect. When it comes to teachers they never get any respect (although mr. Hudd doesn't deserve any respect). It seems like only me and a select group of friends actually ever give the deserving teachers respect.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
I'll tell you what this school does do. It tears down every bit of self worth and happiness you have. Despite what the parents say, all this school does is cause me to not want to work anymore because they have convinced me I'm not good enough

E-Stem Public Charter Middle School 2

Posted February 02, 2013
I am a former student of Estem Middle. I was disappointed with the school. The academic program was neither challenging nor creative. Perhaps this is due to the fact that my grade was completely overrun with disciplinary issues. It would be unfair to say that the administration did nothing to try and solve these issues, but their methods were appropriate for five year olds and not middle schoolers. I got the feeling that the faculty was overwhelmed and overworked, not surprising since the Estem philosophy was to keep expanding the charter to bring in more students, despite a lack of space to accommodate them. Anyhow, the students definitely ruled the roost when I was there. I often sat in class and watched my classmates pitch spitballs and yell at the teacher without punishment. I hope that the school has worked out some of these issues by now. The best advice I can offer is to not rely on the rainbows and ponies experience that the staff will promise to give you, that was my mistake. Talk to people, a lot of people, about their personal experience with the school. It's the only way you'll get an honest idea of what you're signing up for.

E-Stem Public Charter Middle School 5

Posted June 08, 2012
Excellent school. Our kids have been in this school for the past four years. We feel very fortunate to have our kids here. Excellent leadership and a great learning environment.

112 West Third St 2nd Floor, Little Rock, AR  72201
Last modified E-Stem Public Charter Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 5-8