Public charter
Little Rock, AR

E-Stem Public Charter High School 1

Posted September 05, 2014
Poorly taught or small offering in the stem classes. Lacking in good teachers. High turnover of teachers with many leaving mid-year or after only teaching a few weeks. Few activities. Poor communication about/from the school. I gave it a star since one can graduate from there and because the it seems like a safe, small environment. for kids that need that I have three more kids and none will go there though.

Posted March 30, 2014
I am In my junior year at eStem .I started at eStem my freshman year and I was really scared and nevous,but it turned out to be for the better.Pros:The teachers are great and understandable.They even offer after school and before help.Foods not all that good but off campus lunch is offered to qualifying juniors(3.0 per quarter) and all seniors .LOVE how drama/fighting is not tolarated.We're all like a big family everyone talks to everyone.If you have an average of at least a 90% after 2 quaters at the end of the semester you don't have to take the exams.The Dean of students don't just believe in siding with the teachers.makes sure he listens to both sides of the story.Cons:Dress code (jeans/kakis/blue,yellow,white,or gray collared shirt) Not really that bad ,but I came for a school where you could wear anything.

E-Stem Public Charter High School 1

Posted January 08, 2014
My daughter has been at e-stem for 3 years. We have had nothing but the blues. The bullies are treated like victims and kids are not encouraged to report bulling. I had to visit with Mr. Guest many time because of his disrespectful comments to my daughter. I've made appointments to speak with Mrs. Walls. When I show up for the meeting she never there. A lot of the teachers act like they're high school students. We were going to send our daughter to another school. She told my wife and me that this is her last year and she will just ride it out. My youngest daughter refuses to attend e-stem.

E-Stem Public Charter High School 3

Posted January 05, 2014
We were very happy with the middle school, but my child's first year at the high school has been nothing but problems. The freshman math and English classes have had a ridiculously high teacher turn-over. The high school is going downhill because of the lack of knowledge and experience from the administration. They don't follow their own policies and rules are made up as they go along. The high school desperately needs the same competent, knowledgeable administration that they have at the elementary and middle school.

E-Stem Public Charter High School 4

Posted December 14, 2013
I don't think the school is all that bad, yet it isn't perfect. The food is usually not that good, so I avoid it when I can. Also there are way too many announcements throughout the day, which I have seen to annoy several of my teachers. As far as LGBT inclusiveness goes, I'm actually amazed. I am transgender-openly so-and I am called by my preferred name. Some teachers forget, but they do try to make an effort. The only problem is that, after the teacher who sponsored the GSA left, the GSA didn't go back to being up and running. I have a teacher in mind who may get it back, yet I will have to ask him. So pros: Awesome teachers, great environment, Very LGBT inclusive so if you had a kid who was harassed by bullies you could bring them here. Also everything is within walking distance so field trips are easy and fun. Also we are working on designing a creative incubator, which is like a cool room built for encouraging creativity in a spot that isn't distracting. We're redesigning one of the old bank vaults. Cons: Too much announcements on the intercom, the food isn't quite good, dress code rules are confusing, no GSA (yet, but I will try to get it back), and we don't have a gym.

E-Stem Public Charter High School 2

Posted November 18, 2013
We have loved Estem for a few years. However, now that my son is at the high school, he has been through at least 7 teachers in his math class, 3 in English class, teachers have done complete 180s in curriculum and syllabus, and the teachers don't take the time to help the kids. (I say this after listening to other parents and kids in his classes, too.) The kids definitely don't eat the food. Parents have stopped receiving edline updates. Until the HS gets their ducks in a row, pull your children out after 8th grade.

Posted September 30, 2013
My son has been at Estem 6 years & is a junior in high school. This school is by far a much better school than any other schools around. It strives on personal assistance & training for real-world experiences. The student body as a whole, is very exemplary in behavior & respect & manners. The staff & faculty at the school have a virtually zero-tolerance policy, which is wonderful. Security is tight & education is even tighter. It's a good example that is being set for other schools. I am a proud parent & would never want to change to a different school. Other schools focus on sports & extracurricular activities but forget to focus on more important basic education & critical thinking for students & their future. My son is taking for AP classes, preparing for higher education learning. At the current rate he is learning he will be far more advanced than his co-students when he enters a university. This school also teaches its students that they must earn privileges not just expect them. My son's behavior is far greater than what I expected. There is a lot more I can say but I think that I have highlighted key points in the benefits of this school. It truly is a GREAT SCHOOL!

E-Stem Public Charter High School 2

Posted August 26, 2013
TOO MANY students in classrom; the whole school is crowded! NO PARKING available for students or parents. Academically, estem is ok. they offer no tutoring!!! kids are starving daily Catered lunch is nothing but corn dogs, flavorless spaghetti, dry hamburgers, and a small cartoon of 2% milk that rotates every other week. No space for physical activity; specially for highschool students.

Posted August 04, 2011
I love this school. The staff is great. When you want answers about your child's progress in the classrooms, the responses from the teachers are fast and helpful. I would recommend this school to anyone. My daughter is a 9th grade student from the LRSD, and I see a big difference in her learning. She is happier here, and most of the student here are very respectful. Soooooo, THUMBS UP TO ESTEM HIGH. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!! WE NEED MORE SCHOOLS LIKE THIS IN THE CITY OF LR.

E-Stem Public Charter High School
112 West Third St 3rd Floor, Little Rock, AR  72201
Last modified E-Stem Public Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
E-Stem Public Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top