Bad
Good

My son who is in Kindergarten goes here. His teacher is Wonderful- Mrs. Durham! She is a excellent teacher. The school itself needs some work and so does the pta. I hardly see the pricipal but the assistant is really nice. If it was not for his teacher I would probably pull my son out. It is not diverse at all and not a lot of school activites or involvment.

As a parent of three former students I can tell you that MLK is an excellent and caring school that works to give its student family a safe and caring environment to learn. They go the extra steps that no one pays them to go.

I had 4 children attend this school bussed from North Little Rock. I removed my children to move to a neighborhood school.. big mistake!! MLK is the best school that any of my kids have ever attended. Mr Harris the principal knows most if not all students and parents by name, he cares and expects the same of his teachers. The PTA is actively involved and is apparent. If ever given the opportunity to attend, do not pass up. I tried to re-enroll the next year and they were full. I rate 4 stars in all aspects!! Great job, parents, teachers and Mr. Harris!

King has a wide variety of families and teachers. As a teacher I do what I can to meet the needs of each child, both academically and socially. We have many during and after school activities, such as violin, chess club, drum, piano, and one of the states only elementary EAST computer classrooms! I wouldn't teach anywhere else!

I just love King Elementary! The teachers there have been awesome with my son. This is my son's third year there. He has come along way from Mrs. Purtle's Pre-K class and now in Mrs. Curtis'first grade class. My son is reading and spelling words that I would have never imagined in the first grade. Mr. Harris is a great principal, he interacts well with the parents and students. Dr. King would be proud of the education that the kids are getting at King Elementary.

Last modified M.L. King Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.