Bad
Good

M.L. King Magnet Elementary School 2

Posted October 24, 2013
My son who is in Kindergarten goes here. His teacher is Wonderful- Mrs. Durham! She is a excellent teacher. The school itself needs some work and so does the pta. I hardly see the pricipal but the assistant is really nice. If it was not for his teacher I would probably pull my son out. It is not diverse at all and not a lot of school activites or involvment.

Posted April 16, 2010
As a parent of three former students I can tell you that MLK is an excellent and caring school that works to give its student family a safe and caring environment to learn. They go the extra steps that no one pays them to go.

Posted May 11, 2008
I had 4 children attend this school bussed from North Little Rock. I removed my children to move to a neighborhood school.. big mistake!! MLK is the best school that any of my kids have ever attended. Mr Harris the principal knows most if not all students and parents by name, he cares and expects the same of his teachers. The PTA is actively involved and is apparent. If ever given the opportunity to attend, do not pass up. I tried to re-enroll the next year and they were full. I rate 4 stars in all aspects!! Great job, parents, teachers and Mr. Harris!

M.L. King Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted December 15, 2007
King has a wide variety of families and teachers. As a teacher I do what I can to meet the needs of each child, both academically and socially. We have many during and after school activities, such as violin, chess club, drum, piano, and one of the states only elementary EAST computer classrooms! I wouldn't teach anywhere else!

Posted January 10, 2007
I just love King Elementary! The teachers there have been awesome with my son. This is my son's third year there. He has come along way from Mrs. Purtle's Pre-K class and now in Mrs. Curtis'first grade class. My son is reading and spelling words that I would have never imagined in the first grade. Mr. Harris is a great principal, he interacts well with the parents and students. Dr. King would be proud of the education that the kids are getting at King Elementary.

M.L. King Magnet Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2006
This is our Third Year @ King. I have been really pleased with the teachers and staff. My daughter loves it. I would like to see more King parents get involved with theird childs education.

Posted March 09, 2006
This is our 6th year at King. Both of my children attended the PreK and Kindergarten program at King. My son is in the 4th grade this year, and my daughter is in 2nd. My son is reading at 7th grade level, and my daughter is reading at 5th grade level. Though I think every school has it's challenges, I feel that the staff at King does an exceptional job of rising to the occasion, no matter what it is. I have been an active member of the PTA, and have seen the amazing amount of parental involvement in the school. I dread the day that we have to leave King. The teachers and staff have become like family to us. I highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a place to give their children an excellent academic foundation for thier future.

Posted August 05, 2005
We have been at King for three years and love it. My son also had Ms. Jones for kindergarten and she is truly wonderful. Mr. Harriss, the principal, is always visible and calls each student by name. Mr. Joshua and Mrs. Zweis, the music teachers are awesome as well. Lots of parent involvement.

Posted March 22, 2005
My family and I have been at King for 4 years now and I love it. I have a child in 4th grade and one in kindergarten. Every year has been really exciting. Kindergarten in Mrs. Jones' class was awesome, I wish all students could experience her teaching and her warm personality. She is the reason we decided to stay at King and it was a very good decision. It is located in the middle of Little Rock, minutes from the state capital. Parents are always visible in the school and are encouraged to participate. It's a high intensity magnet school, which I love. My youngest son needed to be challenged and their curriculum was great. Arkansas Children's Hospital is across the street and they volunteer at the school a lot. The students see good role models on a daily basis.

907 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Little Rock, AR  72202
Last modified M.L. King Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.