Little Rock, AR

Posted October 16, 2011
Booker is such a unique school. You will not see it highly advertised and you'll ask around about it, and start to find that many people in Little Rock have had wonderful experiences with it. Booker is easily THE best elementary school in the Central Arkansas area, and if you really want your children to succeed, come visit the school. Ask their amazing office staff if you could tour and learn more about it. How often do you find schools were the teachers actually communicate about the well being of the students, and help plan placement to best fit the children's individual needs. Pick a great and then a teacher at random, you won't find a bad one. Battles, Jeffries, Fair, Morris, Hollum, Keogh, Sheard, Thompson, Summer, are all remarkable educators, and this is just a short list of the wonderful educators you'll see at Booker. If you are considering making a move to a school that truly puts the children's education first, this is the school you want to look at. The PTA offers a wide range of free activities, and you won't feel pressured to buy 14lbs of cookie dough from those folks. Booker was also one of only two schools in LR last year to get the VIPS 60+ award!

Booker Arts Magnet Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2010
My child has been going to Booker Arts Magnet for 5 years. Even though most of his teachers have been great, there is a real problem with bullying at this school. Not only are students bullied by other students, but they are bullied by cafeteria aides and playground aides as well. There are a few teachers that will not go the extra mile to help your child be successful, but the majority of the teachers are great and truly care about their students.

Posted April 19, 2010
Booker is a fantastic school. Every teacher cares about every child. The academics are the focus and the arts add richness to the students' learning and lives.

Posted September 17, 2009
It's a school that loves children and wants all children to learn.

Posted August 26, 2009
My daughter is in first grade, having attended Booker last year for kindergarten. The teachers I've met, including her classroom teachers, have all been wonderful. The principal, Dr. Carson, is a class act, as is the vice principal. They concentrate on a solid academic curriculum with the arts in a supplementary role, as it should be. Their behavior incentive programs seem to work (important in a school twice the size of some of the other elementary schools in town). The school isn't as well-equipped with the latest technology as some of the other schools, and this is an area they're hoping to receive enough funding to improve on. The PTA has been very active in past years but not so much last year; we're hoping to bounce back this year. Go Jaguars!

Posted October 02, 2008
My son went to Booker from 1st through 5th grade. My daughter went to Booker from K through 3rd grade. We loved Booker!!! The teachers were extremely loving, and helpful. The Principal, Dr. Carson, and the Asst. Principal, Ms. Willingham, were always so sweet to us, whether we were at school or we ran into them away from school. Even after my son graduated from Elementary school, they still inquired as to how he was doing. They genuinely love their students! I wish all schools were like Booker! My kids have transfered to Private school now. I would have left my daughter at Booker, but with my son in a school across town, I moved them both to make it easier.

Posted January 27, 2008
I have 2 sons that attend Booker. Their teachers are the best! My children score in the 95% on the state exams. I put Booker teachers up against any elementary school. They not only challenge each students but also care about the emotional concerns by creating a warm and caring environment. They teach in small groups not whole class to address the academic needs. No, not all students are scoring at the top of the exams,, but I think parents should hold some responsibility.

Posted August 07, 2007
I took my kids out of a nearby private school to send them to Booker it was the best thing I ever did. they attended there for 2 yrs. My daughter did 1st and 2nd Grade my son with special needs did 5th and 6th Grade. My son had wonderful teachers and they were so kind and encouraging to him and me. they loved the school. Last year we returned to Ireland. My daughter entered 3rd Grade here and was away ahead in reading and the same in Math. I was told the irish system is so advanced that she would be 2 yrs catching up! What they learnt at booker besides Acedemics was respect and manners and it shows. Dr Carson runs a wonderful school.

Posted June 28, 2007
We are now on our second child and 7th year at Booker. Out of those years we only had one poor teacher, as to be expected at any school. I love that my kids are learning to play instruments at such a young age and also learning to speak in public. My 7th grader still emails his fourth grade teacher and has nothing but positive things to say about his experience. I would recommend Booker.

Booker Arts Magnet Elementary School 3

Posted January 25, 2006
I am very dissatisfied with the education my son has received the past 3 yrs at Booker. His kindergarten teacher Ms. Jefferies was awesome, but since then on I feel he has not excelled in his studies nor learned enough to be tested on a Benchmark. I have been working with him at home on the released itmes. Overall, the classroom setting offering education on a day to day bases is poor. These are my sons most important years of education and I am very upset that he is not on a good education level he should be on.

2016 Barber St, Little Rock, AR  72206
Last modified Booker Arts Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Booker Arts Magnet Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top