Little Rock, AR

Forest Heights Middle School 5

Posted June 22, 2015
This school has really changed since the conversion to a STEM School. The administration, teachers, parents, and students are all committed to making this a great school for the LRSD.

Forest Heights Middle School 5

Posted December 04, 2014
Forest Heights has changed alot in the past year.The foul launage is gone,the discipline is in good shape and the teachers are in control of their classes.To all the people out there who thinks Forest Heights Stem Academy is the same school it was last year well it isn't so I would appreciate if you would stop writing bad reviews.

Posted January 06, 2014
This is an almost horrible school there is at least one fight a week, and teachers have almost no control of their classes. Lots of foul language. If you want to learn this is not the place to go. The students are so wild that you would get no learning done. There are a few great kids and if you hang out with them it can be a good experience at the school. But for the most part I don't think it's that great of a school.

Posted August 08, 2013
My older daughter attended this school two years ago, and now I have a younger one who has been placed in this school. With the reviews below, I can concur and am now VERY concerned. Be prepared to be both the parent AND the teacher for your child.The teachers were confrontational, the priniciple didn't respond unless I contacted the superintendent. And even then she would rush your concern, and promise to get back with you.....which she never did! The counselor is a gossip . My child's grades declined, and one class was even allowed to go for about 5 months with a new substitute changing weekly, while the entire class failed! And again, it wasn't until I threatened them with a federal act that something happened. I might just bus my child to Maumelle instead of dealing with this.....NOT A GOOD SCHOOL!

Posted October 03, 2011
My son attends this school, and I could not be more disappointed. If you are looking for a good school, look beyond Forest Heights. The teachers are rude,and do not seem concerned about the learning process of its students. Check their scores.

Posted May 14, 2010
Many teachers are excellent at Forest Heights. The Principal is not responsive to parents. He lacks the leadership and management skills to get control of discipline. He displays indifference to parents and students when they have clear issues to bring forth. Unfortunately, many parents must pass on this public middle school after excellent elementary schools.

Posted May 04, 2010
well, times has definitely changed since the last post about this school...I would like to encourage any parent that is looking into Forest Heights, not to...I used to attend back in my day, and it was really nice...I loved every minute of it, but, after transferring my child to that school (thinking it was the same as if I was still there) it has been tragic. I have had so many problems since my child has started attending that school...the principal, asst principal are scared to speak with the parents, when the parents have a right to know why or how they are trying to control unruly kids. The kids are going around bullying the kids that actually do want to learn, and the faculty and staff know this, but, nothing is being done about it. It's really horrible...please please please seek elsewhere

Posted January 04, 2009
I'm a student at Forest Heights now and I am horribly disappointed. And right now it isn't the teachers or the principal itt's the sixth grade children. Now i am one of their sixth graders but I only act like the other students on occasions!!

Posted March 27, 2008
FHMS has excellent staff. In the inner city schools it is difficult to find as many caring staff per student as what can be found at FHMS. I have a special needs child. Since I have taken time to get involved with the school staff, they work with us well and take care of my child's educational and social needs. The principal is exceptional!

Posted February 27, 2006
After choosing to move to the area I did because I was assured that Forest Heights was the best the LRSD had to offer, all I can say is I am horribly disappointed. My biigest complaint is that my son was not provided a math book and the best response I got was 'we only teach for the standardized testing, anyway'. How can a school that can afford a football team be unable to provide math books? Also, it looks like the racial balance is not what is reflected in their profile here. Finally, the principal will not return phone calls and when you do get to speak with her she flatly suggests that you complain to the school superintendent and the teachers refuse to work with the parents on anything at all. If you have a choice, pass this one by.

5901 Evergreen St, Little Rock, AR  72205
Last modified Forest Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Heights Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top