Bad
Good

Gibbs Magnet School is an amazing school and we are so lucky to have been exposed to this school. My sisters both went and graduated from this school. We are so previleged to be a part of Gibbs Community. They have staffs who truly cares about the individualism of each students. My other sister is now in college and she always goes back and volunteers for Gibbs as she knows how much Gibbs cares with the interaction of their students. We love Gibbs and we are so glad we found this school when we first moved here in America. The school helped my sisters catch-up as they weren't fluent in English at the time. Gibbs helped them become the person they are now,smart, diverse,, confident, and socialize. My children now goes to school at Gibbs and has been going there for three years now, and we just love it. They're always learning something new and they're so excited to be in school. If you're planning to have your child go to this school, you will not regret it.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are great and so professional. Their tactics and techniques are so expensive. My children learned so much from this school already specially learning different languages.

Amount of homework: Agree

They give their students a good amount of homework so they can continue learning at home.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They treat each students equally and have never shown favoritism with any students for the past ten years I've been exposed to this school

Gibbs employs the top teachers and Dr. Hobbs the principle is very hands on and accessible she knows every child and family. We can even find her in the classroom teaching groups or engaging the students. Gibbs is a model that schools should follow. Gibbs educates and develop leaders and independent critical thinkers. Gibbs also have their students look at school career after elementary through Jr. High and High School and on into college. Gibbs is a beckon of light with the spirit of excellence and hard work with students being accountable for self and social awareness of the community and world around them. Gibbs is the only school in the district that offer foreign language K-5. If you are looking for a active school to send your child to this is the one. The overall rating of my daughter's school is a 6 but it is more closer to a 10. She is a member of the 2014/2015 5th grade class.

Gibbs is an amazing school! Dr Hobbs and all of her staff are a breath of fresh air. They are always there for you and your child and strive for a continued excellence. . My son loves his teachers and is always smiling when he gets picked up. A+++++++

Gibbs is the school that all other schools need to be compared to! That is the position I am in right now because of the impending agreement for the desegregation case between the school districts. My middle daughter goes to Gibbs and is receiving the type of education that one would expect from a magnet school. She's challenged, she's taught at high levels, and she's able to learn through different experiences rather than reading something out of a book. Now, because of the agreement, my youngest child will probably not be able to attend this school and will have to attend school in our school district. None of the schools in PCSSD even begin to measure up to the amazing education and experience my child receives from Gibbs. The security officer knows mine and my childs name and greets us every morning at drop off, walking through the halls we are greeted by all staff members we come in contact with. The German language program has allowed my daughter to continue her German language skills that she acquired overseas on a daily basis. In the public sector, there is no other school that compares, and I will be very sad if I have to send my other child to a different school.

This school is definitely A 10!!! Your child is taught a foreign language and the teachers are amazing. The principal is the best!

It's been much too long since someone posted a review about Gibbs! We have a daughter starting 3rd grade and a daughter starting 1st grade in less than 3 weeks. In a few short words - we love Gibbs. Gibbs embodies what school should be - what it was like when I was growing up. Small student body, who are engaged, challenged and nurtured. A staff from the principal through the teachers, aides and the security officer even down to the custodians who are attentive, responsive and care about their work, they know our children - by name. Having been at other school's in the LRSD I can tell you it is a joy from the drop off/pick up procedure to dealing with the "lunch line lady" and anything and everything in between. There is no huge drama there is no major hassle - people are there to help, all the time. We love the foreign language every day, we love the music program, I just can't say enough about how awesome it is. We were truly blessed to get our girls in there.

Gibbs is a school that is on the cutting edge of education. The teachers and faculty are dedicated to reaching children where they are academically. Most of the staff knows every child by name and some can even name younger brothers and sisters of students. I would dare to say that Gibbs Elementary School is the best school in Arkansas nad one of the best is the nation.

Last modified Gibbs Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.