Little Rock, AR

Posted June 03, 2014
Gibbs is an amazing school! Dr Hobbs and all of her staff are a breath of fresh air. They are always there for you and your child and strive for a continued excellence. . My son loves his teachers and is always smiling when he gets picked up. A+++++++

Posted January 08, 2014
Gibbs is the school that all other schools need to be compared to! That is the position I am in right now because of the impending agreement for the desegregation case between the school districts. My middle daughter goes to Gibbs and is receiving the type of education that one would expect from a magnet school. She's challenged, she's taught at high levels, and she's able to learn through different experiences rather than reading something out of a book. Now, because of the agreement, my youngest child will probably not be able to attend this school and will have to attend school in our school district. None of the schools in PCSSD even begin to measure up to the amazing education and experience my child receives from Gibbs. The security officer knows mine and my childs name and greets us every morning at drop off, walking through the halls we are greeted by all staff members we come in contact with. The German language program has allowed my daughter to continue her German language skills that she acquired overseas on a daily basis. In the public sector, there is no other school that compares, and I will be very sad if I have to send my other child to a different school.

Posted September 19, 2013
This school is definitely A 10!!! Your child is taught a foreign language and the teachers are amazing. The principal is the best!

Posted July 30, 2013
It's been much too long since someone posted a review about Gibbs! We have a daughter starting 3rd grade and a daughter starting 1st grade in less than 3 weeks. In a few short words - we love Gibbs. Gibbs embodies what school should be - what it was like when I was growing up. Small student body, who are engaged, challenged and nurtured. A staff from the principal through the teachers, aides and the security officer even down to the custodians who are attentive, responsive and care about their work, they know our children - by name. Having been at other school's in the LRSD I can tell you it is a joy from the drop off/pick up procedure to dealing with the "lunch line lady" and anything and everything in between. There is no huge drama there is no major hassle - people are there to help, all the time. We love the foreign language every day, we love the music program, I just can't say enough about how awesome it is. We were truly blessed to get our girls in there.

Gibbs Magnet Elementary School 0

Posted October 11, 2009
Gibbs is a school that is on the cutting edge of education. The teachers and faculty are dedicated to reaching children where they are academically. Most of the staff knows every child by name and some can even name younger brothers and sisters of students. I would dare to say that Gibbs Elementary School is the best school in Arkansas nad one of the best is the nation.

Posted October 10, 2009
Gibbs is a gem. It's an International Studies/ Foreign Languages Magnet. It offers Spanish, French and German every day. Each classroom has it's own country and the children have special lessons weekly to learn about 'their' country - the language, culture, and history. This school is small, diverse, and incredibly well-rounded in its curriculum and culture. The principal is thorough, caring, demanding (of herself and her staff) and always present. I couldn't ask for a better environment for my kids!

Posted March 31, 2009
My son is currently in the fourth grade at Gibbs. He came from Cato Elementary and started at Gibbs in the first grade. We have enjoyed all the wonderful teaching staff at the school. They have shown geniune concern for him and his education. This school is like an extended family. He enjoys all of his classes and his afternoon Voyager program. He loves all the teachers and is popular known for his unique name. We love this school and if could would give it 10 stars. We recommend this school to all our friends with children. Submitted by Ronald and Sheryl Messer

Posted March 27, 2009
My son graduated from Gibbs 3 years ago and my daughter, who is in 3rd grade, has attended Gibbs since Kindergarten. Every single staff member is dedicated and professional. Gibbs offers so many excellent programs, such as Foreign Language, full-time Art, Music,Global studies, and PE instructors, as well as top-notch extra-curricular activities such as Chess, Garden, and Book Clubs. It is a very diverse, happy, synergistic learning environment. You will be amazed by how much more Gibbs offers than a regular elementary school.

Posted March 24, 2008
I have a 5th grader and a prek child at Gibbs and we love it. The Principal and staff have high expectations of all students. Parents are welcomed and encouraged to be involved. Teachers communicate often with parents; they are easily accessible with emails and an open door policy. There are lots of opportunities for students to be highlighted and to demonstrate their talents, not only in the specialty areas of foreign language and global studies, but in their speaking abiities, talents and arts. Gibbs by far has the best Art education teacher in the state (see her/their numerous awards at the AR Arts Center), and the most creative and enthusiastic Music instructor. The children at Gibbs are excelling academically, and the staff is fully able to meet the academic needs of all students. There have been so many wonderful opportunities for our children at Gibbs. Senator & Mrs. Steele

Posted January 30, 2008
My daughter is in the second grade at Gibbs and we really could not be more pleased with this school. The administration is top notch, we have loved all of her teachers and she is excelling in all areas. Unfortunately my son didn't make the 'lotto' for placement in Gibbs last year and we had to send him to Oakbrooke Elementary in Sherwood (do not recommend), instead, and the difference between the two schools is night and day. I have my fingers and toes crossed that all three of my children get into Gibbs this year and then my only problem will be when they have to leave for middle school! When asked if she would like to comment, my daughter cheered, 'Five stars, two thumbs up and a hip hip horrah, we really love Gibbs!' :o)

Gibbs Magnet Elementary School
1115 West 16th St, Little Rock, AR  72202
Last modified Gibbs Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gibbs Magnet Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top