Parkview Magnet High School

Public | 9-12 | 1116 students

Sweep tile

Posted December 15, 2010

Not only does parkview prepare you for the reality of the future and give so sooo many great oppurtunity you would never get anywhere else, but above all the enviorment and atmosphere is unmatched by any other. The students, teachers, and staff are genuinely caring and kind. Like a world unto itself Parkview allows you to be yourself and work towards your dreams.

Posted January 9, 2009

Parkview is a great school to get you prepared for college, escpically if your like me on the chior side soooooo many scholarship oppurtonaties (sorry for the misspelling)! and try your best to be a Lab Singer because they get to go everywhere and they are very well known in Arkansas. But we should have more dances. Other than that Parkview is the best by chioce!!!

Posted August 28, 2008

Parkview is wonderful educational institution. I firmly believe that this school prepares the students for a successful start to their college career.

Posted March 14, 2008

Hello, I am a current 10th grader at Parkview. Parkview is a very great school!!! Even though many people might think it is boring, it is still a great school to go to. Parkview offers a lot of after school tutoring to help any student in need of extra help. You have many teachers that care about their students so much. There are many activities for students to get involved in. Overall Parkview is a great school!!!

Posted October 3, 2007

The arts programs are excellent. Some excellent teachers, some not. Make up policy is not consistent. Parent invollvement is not really encouraged.

Posted July 18, 2007

Parkview is one of the best schools ever. I've been going there for a year now and i really love it. I feel like i fit in with everyone and their are no cliques or anything. The teachers are great and so are the extracuricullar activities. I recommend this school for anyone.

Posted September 5, 2006

Parkview is one of the best schools probably in the world, this is my first year and immediately was accepted by everybody. I suggest this school to anyone. Parkview's teachers are incredible and are really knowledgeable. -Jj

Posted July 21, 2006

I have only been going to Parkview for a year now. I have found it to be a wake up call for me. Parkview can be fun if you take the time to join clubs and teams. The teachers have instilled in me a good launching pad for my future. If you want your children to enjoy high school but still be well educated then there is no other choice better than PVHS!

Posted September 13, 2005

I graduated from Parkview June 2005. I have to say that Parkview is very interesting if your on the Art Magnet side. I was a visual arts major and all my teachers were very skilled a what they taught. Many teachers even talk to the students one-on-one for example: Dr.Ross, Coach Hardiman, Ms. King, Mr. Clark, Mrs. Murray, Ms. Lynn, Dr. Hendrickson, Coach Richardson, Dr. Booth, Ms. Boone, Ms. Tate, along with some others. I really have to say that the discipline and course study giving here has established me to easily transfer into college life without being confused like most freshmen I see. Parkview really prepares you for what the professors will be looking for and especially if a student decides to go to college in Arkansas. Once they heard Parkview in Little Rock, they already know that you have properly been taught what to expect.

Posted August 15, 2005

I am a graduate from Parkview. I loved my experience so much I cried at graduation, not to graduate but because I loved my school experience so much. I am now a substitute teacher and have been for 2 years and still love it even though I am on the other side of the fence now. I am in school to become a full time teacher. The teachers I had at Parkview were that influential to me and they are still there.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted April 15, 2005

Coming from a former student, I can say that the school is pretty decent as teachers, class offerings, and curriculums go. The arts programs are good, and sports are okay. Its main downfall is that the administration is too uptight and far too strict. They always think the worst about students instead of encouraging them. This is how I saw it. This is my opinion.

Posted January 24, 2005

I have to say that Parkview is pretty uninteresting nothing goes on at Parkview unless your one of those over achievers and join every club there is. Other than that Parkview is a fine school the people are pleasant and everything, but some of my teachers need to give up work I m not going to reveal them because that'd be impolite. You can tell some of the teachers take pleasure in their profession but the others are there just to fill there their day with something to do. One other thing sometimes it feels like there is no control either. Most teachers don t have control of their classes at all.

Posted August 23, 2004

Coming from a student, myself, I can tell you what goes on at Parkview, better than any parent. I'm a 10th grader and to be honest the school is boring. Some teachers at the school are okay, but others are basically there for the money. I have maybe 4 teachers out of my whole 2 Year Parkview experience that I think really care or even somewhat care. I will say that my assistant principal for this year is great though.Other than that, I really can't stand it. My academics are high, all my classes are Pre-AP or AP, so it has nothing to do with laziness, it's just really boring! I mean parents, if you want your child to be bored out of their mind, send them here. Otherwise, think about another choice.

Posted August 17, 2004

I am a former student who graduated from this magnet high school. There are so many great qualities to Parkview. The teachers are very attentive to the students needs. Class sizes make it easier for the students to receive the personal attention they deserve. The variety of extracurricular activities are numerous. I feel that Parkview was a wonderful place to graduate from and I know that I received the best education I could only get in the Little Rock School District.

Posted August 26, 2003

I'm not a parent but a former student. Parkview was hugely involved in every aspects of their students lives. The teachers took time with all of the students and really cared about the kids' futures. When I do have children, I'll be making sure that they will have the chance to go to high school there and get the same learning experince as I did.

Posted August 15, 2003

I have had 3 children graduate from Parkview and a 4th is a Junior there this year. It is consistantly a safe enviroment. There is good parent - school communication, but teacher - school is sporadic. Some teachers are excellent and commited. Some are not. Overall I would not send my high school students anywhere else.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

255 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

252 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

243 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian 2% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 45%N/A60%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Teacher resources

Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Arts & music

Music
  • Band

Health & athletics

• Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Swimming pool
needs to be verified by school leaders.

Staff resources available to students
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

Arts & music

Music
  • Band
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2501 Barrow Rd