Little Rock, AR

Pulaski Heights Middle School 4

Posted November 19, 2014
Pulaski Heights Middle School is situated in a middle class to upper middle class neighborhood and within walking distance of the University of Arkansas Medical Center (UAMS). The school has experienced teachers and administrators who care deeply for their students. Even though the school isn't perfect, the staff strives to give their students a top notch education while dealing with students coming from extremely different socio-economic backgrounds, low and high.

Pulaski Heights Middle School 2

Posted June 26, 2014
This school has some hard working teachers, but the discipline is lacking. The children are out of control. If your student has a substitute, forget about any learning. Students make noises and get out of their seats during normal class time. Bullying is not addressed. The vice principal does nothing to address any bullying issue. His standard response is to "agree to disagree". School district policy on bullying is not followed at all. Fights and threats are common occurrences. To be in such a nice neighborhood, this is a poor excuse of a school.

Posted January 06, 2014
I am So disappointed in how the teachers treat the children at this school. The yelling and a list of other intimidation tactics the teachers use are of no benefit to these kids. I'm not sure if the other teachers are over worked with this crazy 45 minute class period 8 times a day with 30 plus kids in each class or they just are in the wrong field. Don't get me wrong there are a handful of teachers that do an amazing job and have made such an impact on my child's life but, we are losing more and more of these great teachers to private schools every year. These teachers are struggling with the toxic environment at PHMS. Don't get me started on Common Core!!! The stress my child and many others at this school face daily is overwhelming. Our hope for a good public school education is fading fast. I have two more coming up to middle in the next couple of years but we are looking elsewhere. By the way, we had that same English teacher that someone wrote about below. She was like a soap opera daily but she actually treated the children with respect and concern unlike the other 6th grade English teacher is just spews venom.

Posted July 15, 2013
Please, avoid this school. teacher one year who told stories and literally didn't teach, and went to school crying because her boyfriend broke up with her. A couple of my teachersin year 7 lost lots of my work and caused me to fail, but said it was my fault, when many kids had the same problem. They treated me like an animal, and they did nothing about the bullying. I was threatened every day, and what did they do? Nothing. They just told the girl to be nice, and nothing changed. For improvments, I'd say hire better teachers, ones who actually want to teach and are responsible....

Posted December 13, 2012
I am a student that goes to this school. To me this is one of the best public schools in Arkansas. This is not a joke either. It is literally the one of the best schools in Arkansas. The Arkansas government has actually voted on that. We have the best ACCTAP scores in Arkansas. We have the best faultily and staff and the best security. I persuade every parent to send their student to this school.

Posted August 02, 2011
Great school! All teachers my children have had are awesome. We loved the school secretary. She knows everybody!! My kids complain there are bullies and a lot of problems among students but they have learned to deal with it. We moved so this year they will be in the NLR district so we will miss this school. 6th grade English teacher that is young was my kids favorite teacher and helped them through the transition from elementary to middle school. Keep it up!!

Posted May 27, 2011
I love love love PHMS!!!!!! I also love my english teacher, too! I also think that you do have to be with the right people. I have seen many things that gives you "street smarts" but doesnt necassarily scare you! I am in Pre-Algebra and most things are challenging. ACTAAP was soo easy with help from the staff! If you are considering publis schools, Pulaski Heights all the way! I also want to do sports there and the coaches(and all teachers) are amazing in here field! Also this school ISNT a joke!! I am a real, current student, so take it from me!! i love my PH Panthers!!!!

Posted February 03, 2011
This school is a joke. They treat your child like cattle. They allow gang activity and bullying to happen right in front of them. My child has only been with this school for 3/4 of the school year and they allowed for my child to be attacked and gang threatened by another student and acted as if it was no big deal. The Principal and Vice principals were extremely defensive and acted as if this situation was my child's fault. If you don't want your child bullied do not send them to this school.

Pulaski Heights Middle School 0

Posted November 16, 2009
I love it! The academic scores, hands-on learning it's great.

Posted August 26, 2009

Pulaski Heights Middle School
401 North Pine St, Little Rock, AR  72205
Last modified Pulaski Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pulaski Heights Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top