Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Neutral

We have never had a problem with bullying and I have not heard of any this year. That's not to say it's not happening. I just hope the administrators have found an effective way to handle it.

My son attended 2012-2015 and we had a wonderful experience with teachers. I do think during this time there was a lack in discipline and structure as a whole. My daughter is there now and loves it. We have a new fabulous principal that holds children accountable for their actions. Overall, I feel the whole school has made a complete turn around and am grateful my child is there.

This school is a joke. My 6th grade daughter was bullied daily. She came home crying because she HATED her school! The teachers do nothing about bullying inside the classroom. The principals are a joke. The security officers were pretty good but there way more students than officers. If you want your child to have chance don't send your child here until they rid the school of bullies.

Pulaski Heights Middle School is situated in a middle class to upper middle class neighborhood and within walking distance of the University of Arkansas Medical Center (UAMS). The school has experienced teachers and administrators who care deeply for their students. Even though the school isn't perfect, the staff strives to give their students a top notch education while dealing with students coming from extremely different socio-economic backgrounds, low and high.

This school has some hard working teachers, but the discipline is lacking. The children are out of control. If your student has a substitute, forget about any learning. Students make noises and get out of their seats during normal class time. Bullying is not addressed. The vice principal does nothing to address any bullying issue. His standard response is to "agree to disagree". School district policy on bullying is not followed at all. Fights and threats are common occurrences. To be in such a nice neighborhood, this is a poor excuse of a school.

I am So disappointed in how the teachers treat the children at this school. The yelling and a list of other intimidation tactics the teachers use are of no benefit to these kids. I'm not sure if the other teachers are over worked with this crazy 45 minute class period 8 times a day with 30 plus kids in each class or they just are in the wrong field. Don't get me wrong there are a handful of teachers that do an amazing job and have made such an impact on my child's life but, we are losing more and more of these great teachers to private schools every year. These teachers are struggling with the toxic environment at PHMS. Don't get me started on Common Core!!! The stress my child and many others at this school face daily is overwhelming. Our hope for a good public school education is fading fast. I have two more coming up to middle in the next couple of years but we are looking elsewhere. By the way, we had that same English teacher that someone wrote about below. She was like a soap opera daily but she actually treated the children with respect and concern unlike the other 6th grade English teacher is just spews venom.

Please, avoid this school. teacher one year who told stories and literally didn't teach, and went to school crying because her boyfriend broke up with her. A couple of my teachersin year 7 lost lots of my work and caused me to fail, but said it was my fault, when many kids had the same problem. They treated me like an animal, and they did nothing about the bullying. I was threatened every day, and what did they do? Nothing. They just told the girl to be nice, and nothing changed. For improvments, I'd say hire better teachers, ones who actually want to teach and are responsible....

I am a student that goes to this school. To me this is one of the best public schools in Arkansas. This is not a joke either. It is literally the one of the best schools in Arkansas. The Arkansas government has actually voted on that. We have the best ACCTAP scores in Arkansas. We have the best faultily and staff and the best security. I persuade every parent to send their student to this school.

Great school! All teachers my children have had are awesome. We loved the school secretary. She knows everybody!! My kids complain there are bullies and a lot of problems among students but they have learned to deal with it. We moved so this year they will be in the NLR district so we will miss this school. 6th grade English teacher that is young was my kids favorite teacher and helped them through the transition from elementary to middle school. Keep it up!!

I love love love PHMS!!!!!! I also love my english teacher, too! I also think that you do have to be with the right people. I have seen many things that gives you "street smarts" but doesnt necassarily scare you! I am in Pre-Algebra and most things are challenging. ACTAAP was soo easy with help from the staff! If you are considering publis schools, Pulaski Heights all the way! I also want to do sports there and the coaches(and all teachers) are amazing in here field! Also this school ISNT a joke!! I am a real, current student, so take it from me!! i love my PH Panthers!!!!

Last modified Pulaski Heights Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.