Bad
Good

My child was here for one semester in 2014. After being bullied by both her teacher and other students, I pulled her to go to a different school. She was told that she was incapable of various projects because she was a girl. She came home with bruises on her torso from being punched. Teachers and admin would not notify me and brushed it off when I called about the attacks. It was impossible to get the teacher to follow through on contact with me or written agreements related to my child. My child regressed in the first semester and came home crying everyday. We have moved to. New school where she is excited to go and says that she finally feels safe. I am incapable of recommending this school to anyone.

My daughter has been there the last 2 years. It is an amazing school!! Wonderful teachers, caring support staff, and nice facility. She has learned so much!! Parent participation and the PTA are top notch!! I'm glad we decided on Williams instead of our zoned school!!! The zoned school is in a very nice area, but only rated 4/10 on here where Williams is 9/10!!

This is a great school! I love it and my child does too. The teachers are great! It is a very great school!

Williams Magnet My experience here at this school has been wonderful. Please never let negative minded people that feel like the world suppose to revolve around them stop you from letting your child/children attend this school. I have nothing bad to say about this school's support staff or it's principal since the change it has been better than ever so sad if you allow evil thoughts of people run you a way I have no respect of person or color of a person that rule my thoughts this is where choices come in I've had some trouble with teachers not all and the support staff is very firm now if you think your child is fault free then that explains why some complains. I wonder why didn't you send your child to the school where the principal you favor the most I am very shocked! if I am not pleased I make a silent exit on to better places or home school if there is nothing better. I've heard of some children making mean remarks to other kids now I know why a rule of thumb i teaches my children if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all parents need to practice this before the child can do it so sad and sorry for some unhappy people always be a help not a hinder

I see the comments on this site as accurate not hateful as the last commenter states. The classroom teachers overall are very good but several excellent teachers have left with the turnover in administration. The support staff and administrative staff are mediocre. Great Schools had this school rated as a 10/10 before the current administration and now has dropped it to an 8/10. That speaks for itself. It's a good school going in the wrong direction.

Do not be swayed by the hateful comments listed about our school and administration. Williams is still a wonderful school where the children are put first. My son has been at this school since first grade. Our school may not be perfect but what school is. Our scores remain in the top levels of the school district and the children are happy and excelling. Williams continues to be a great learning institution. We look forward to another wonderful year. We hope those leaving find what they are looking for and wish them well. Those of us who choose to remain will continue in the tradition of excellence the school has been known for.

We have loved Williams Magnet for years. LRSD made a principal change two years ago which has totally changed the atmosphere at the school. What was once a school that strived for the best has become a place where mediocrity reigns. Most of the teachers are great, but the administration and support staff is terrible. It saddens me to say that we are pulling our kids from what was once the best school in the LRSD.

Williams Magnet School is Awesome! I would recommend this school to any parent or student!

I give it a five for everything except the principal. When the district decided to help the ill-performing schools in 2012 by changing the principals around, sending the poor performers to better schools and the bad performers to excellent schools, they punished Williams Magnet. I was excited about the high amounts of parental involvement at WMS. It seems to me that that is not a priority to the new principal... Maybe even to say that she frowns upon it to an extent. I think parental involvement makes a HUGE difference in a child's educational journey. We are considering changing schools for this reason. Sadly, shooting ourselves in the foot to an extent because we can currently walk my child to school in mere minutes.

Williams has many wonderful teachers. However, the district replaced the high performing principal in August 2012 with one from a poorly performing school. There has been a lot of staff turnover since then and the school is not the same. My two kids will be transferring to another school in the fall unless the district makes a change.

Last modified Williams Magnet Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.