Bad
Good

We moved our daughter from one of the expensive private schools in town to Pulaski Heights, and I can honestly say she is getting at least as much here as she did there, and I am happier with the school leadership and her peers! I was so impressed with the principal, who is often found in the halls getting hugs from the kids - she was on the front steps of the school the first two weeks of school and I have seen her on the playground. She tells the kids all the time to come to her if they have issues - and making herself so available means kids will actually feel empowered to do that! The school garden is an AMAZING labor of love - what a great experience for the kids!! And the PTA here is the best I have ever encountered - the parents are truly invested in making sure the school succeeds. My daughter has birthmarks that make her look different, and coming into a school where kids have already been together for a couple of years I was worried, but she was accepted and made the sweetest friends on the very first day.

We are very happy at PHE. I am particularly impressed with the communication - we get weekly newsletters from the teacher and from the principal that are actually meaningful and contain information that we need to know. The PTA also has a great website and Facebook page. As a working mom, I appreciate how easy it is to stay informed about what is going on. I can tell the principal takes personal responsibility for the academics and the environment at the school, and the teachers are great. I also love that my child will be at one school for nine years, instead of trying to figure out what to do for middle school like so many of my friends whose kids go to other public schools in Little Rock.

PHE has superb teachers, a quite strong leader as a principal and academic programs that call the student to learn quickly and effectively. The school provides a safe environment for the children to learn not only in academics but in character related issues as well. The children are quite welcoming and the parents provide a PTA in which everyone can be involved. The principal sends out weekly newsletters that exhibit a care for t parents, teachers and children. The PTA maintains an up to date and informative website. PTA is a great school.

PHE is an incredible school atmosphere. My older daughter attended another elementary in LR and by far I find PHE the better choice for our family. The parents are involved, but they do not run the show. The children and their needs come first, not politics. The school seems to a mirror of the neighborhood in which it is located. Parents appear to be predominantly well educated professionals, but actually there are many families who would not fall in this category. I love the diversity, the liberals, the genuine concern for the children. I have been pleasantly surprised at just how much I truly love this school. I couldn't ask for a better place for my child!

I truly agree on those who have said this is more of a social club. If you live in this area or have money you will be treated well but those that are different will suffer. Of course most parents in PHE will say it's excellent. They practically run the school. The principal does not have a voice and does not take her place. My child was treated awful for being different. He was and still is smart. I'm glad we will be in another school. If you have an outspoken child Whois talented and speaks his mind recommend you look somewhere else. Unless of course you live in the area and willing to join the "social club". ETC was boring and the teacher although sweet doesn't know how to deal with a real talent when she sees one. When there are problems they listen to those who are dramatic and exaggerate but do not give the other person to speak up and defend him/herself. My child teacher was for me a waste of a great year for my child. The office ladies are rude and have no compassion. They are lazy and don't even respect the principal. Pulaski Heights Middle School on the other hand is awesome. At PHES they need to learn from them. Good riddance.

i really love this school cause its a great school for my child parents out there its really a great school u be making a bad chioce if they werent here at p.h.e its really great. with great parents and teacher and students amd counselor.

I love this school... It has the best principal, teachers, staff, students, and parents a person can ever look for! The principal is very caring and supportive of each person who steps into the building. The teachers truly care about each and every student. The staff goes above and beyond to ensure the teachers get the support they need. The students at this school are honestly there to learn. The parents are very supportive and will do anything to further the education of all students...

I feel lucky to have my children in this school. It's just the right size and has a neighborhood school feel with a great parent presence.

Too much emphasis on testing, not enough on learning. Principal is very nice, but afraid to take chances or be innovative. Most teachers are very nice and nuturing. Good luck though on making your kid feel socially accepted if you can't hang out by the oak tree before and after school. Considering the liberal nature of Hillcrest, its a very clique-ish school.

Last modified Pulaski Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.