Fuller Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 547 students

Sweep tile

Posted February 23, 2012

Fuller staff and teachers make this a great learning institution. My first daughter was in the TAG program and loved the challenge, great teacher support. Even after school tutoring, teacher volunteer to stay for the entire class if needed. Parents can sit in. My second daughter is in TAG and loves the teacher fighting for the students. It's cool to be smart here. Behavior problems don't overshadow academics! New laptops and Ipads.

Posted August 24, 2010

I recently spoke with the media center specialsit, who couln't give me a definitive answer as to when the center would be open. The closest she could come was sometime after orientation. She actually became annoyed when i asked when that would be. Are you kidding me, i wanted to ask, but instead just thanked her for her time. Maybe she was just having a bad day, well morning. Tsk...

Posted May 1, 2010

I attend Fuller in the 2009- 2010 school year and i could not ask for a more supportive group of teachers and team mates. Fuller has a greta Tag progfram and even though some of the kids are misbehaved sometimes, Fuller is a great place to attend school. At the begining of thje school year i did not know anyone and nowadays i know everybody and everybody knows me. I LOVE ATTENDING FULLER.

Posted September 1, 2009

I miss fuller alot..They taught me everything i wanted and needed to know.Thanks alot&ill never forget my times being with all of my friends.Thanks!Your Student;Naly Yang;)

Posted April 21, 2009

I belive that Fuller is an amazing school but some of the kids have bad disipline. The learning enviroment of the school is wonderful

Posted March 3, 2009

I have a daughter in 6th grade.She is in TAG.The education at this school is fantastic.Students at Fuller get a great view of how to use critidal and logical thinking.

Posted August 23, 2008

Fuller middle School is the best! I am in 7th grade tag and I play on the Football team and am plannimg to try out for the basketball and track teams. I've only been in 7th grade for a week but I can tell that this is going to be a good year already! 6th grade was fun too! Mrs May, Mrs Luth, Mrs Callaway, and Mrs. Runyan were the best 6th Grade TAG teachers a kid could ask for. Being at this school makes Junior high fun!!!

Posted June 4, 2008

Hello and dI would like to commemorate the seventh grade tag program. Mrs. Halton, Mrs. Stevens, Mrs. Parker, and Dr. MIller are excellent teachers. As I write this, I would like to talk about the math program of Fuller Middle School. Math Counts was a program that helped me excell in my math skills so I could compete at a state level. I would like to thank all of the teachers that have brought me through the seventh grade and I would like to thank the tag program for making me a smarter student.

Posted June 4, 2008

I am a parent of an 8th grader who not in the 'Amazing' TAG program. My child has worked hard and has gotten decent grades. I find this school geered towards the gifted programs. There is very little parent involvement. How do you expect parent involvement if the teachers don't do their part. You have Edline for the parents to keep up with their kids but if you don't make your teachers use it what good is it. Then when you have a child in trouble why didn't you know about it until it is past the point of help. The office staff is not helpful, they don't know much. What happened to the 8th grade graduation ceremony? Only if your child had an award the parents were invited and had a ceremony, the rest of the grade gets no recognition. Have seen better schools.

Posted March 6, 2008

i am a current student at Fuller Middle school....i would have to say that the TAG program is soo far the best ive ever seen... its until you get in the eigth grade where its not the best anymore....sixth and seventh grade RAWKED! . .i would overall say you should send your student there then transfer them out of the eigth grade ...and if you put them in the pre-ap classes it would be harder for them to get a better education..but we have great sports and we go along with what we have.!

Posted July 13, 2007

The Explorer Team for 6th grade TAG students is AMAZING! The teachers Mrs.Callaway a.k.a. the mathetician of the group is the most knowledgeable person you'll know is the math queen. Mrs. May a.k.a. The historian is the best history teacher that I ever knew. Everybody did fun activities with her, like Walk Like An Egyptian, if you did your work. Mrs. Runyan was a teacher that had a big influence on my life. She taught me responsibility and respect. The teacher that had a big influence on my life was Mrs.Poe, but she will no longer be teaching.the music courses are also great at Fuller too. Now that I am going to 7th grade I will always miss these teachers, but I will never forget the memories and skills they left for me.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 22, 2007

I am currently in the 7th grade at Fuller. I'm in the TAG program. I love this school. I'm not sure about non-tag students on how well there classes are but mine are great!!!! My sister is in the 6th grade and attends horce mann. my step-mom thinks that is a better school which it is rated higher but i think what makes fuller great is the tag program. if you are in the 7th grade tag you can earn high school credits by doing algebra 1 and geometry in the 8th grade. the teachers are wonderful!! The teachers get involved in everything!! One thing that bothers me is the fighting problem. some teachers stand around and watch b/c there is nothing they can do. it's a middle school thing. I also like how we have block scedule. we have an extra day to do home-work and it is less stressful!!

Posted November 27, 2006

This school rocks, I am a seventh grade tag student and I loved 6th grade. Mrs. Poe knows her way around english, Mrs. Callaway made math fun for the first time, Mrs. Runyan made me love science, Mrs. May taught me that Martin Luther King Jr. was a peacemaker. This school rocks, From the best student,

Posted November 21, 2006

If your student is not in the Tag program it seems as though they are left out of the loop. Teachers do not communicate anything until report cards come out I am very disappointed in Fuller.

Posted November 19, 2006

As the parent of a current 6th grader in the TAG program and a current 10th grader who went through the TAG program at Fuller, the 6th grade Explorer team is TOPS. There is not a greater group of teachers around. Historically, 7th and 8th grade have not been near as cohesive or strong. Without the TAG program or some other incentive program that attracts students outside of this area, Fuller Middle School would be hard pressed to keep their doors open. Students not in the TAG program benefit greatly from the program through the string orchestra and foreign languages and opportunities to interact with others outside of their circle.

Posted October 11, 2006

As a parent of a child that is not in the TAG program, I can tell you that you will get too many schedule and teacher changes in the first nine weeks that if he or she is a child that requires anything other than standard curriculum to stay afloat, it will be the second nine weeks before you can count on getting a quality conference. If you have one at the first of school to meet and discuss their unique challenges, they will switch teachers on you, and will have to keep going back. It hurts a child and parent when they say they really like a teacher and you see a fresh attitude towards their work, and have them come home just to find out they have moved to a TAG class. The truth is those 'average children' need exceptional teachers to inspire them.

Posted October 5, 2006

I am at Fuller Middle School right now and this is my first year.The teachers are great and I think people have access to putting bad stuff on this but I have experienced it.You have electives and everything! You have a better education here than in any other school!

Posted August 31, 2006

I don't think my son is getting the education he needs. The teachers do not always give good feed back until grades are posted. I feel no one care abuot my son unless your are in TAG. I really feel education is important and that all teachers should have some way to contact besides a phone. R Lindell

Posted May 5, 2006

I attended Fuller for 6th, 7th, and most of 8th grade. 6th grade was very good. I was in the advanced classes, and the teachers were great. 7th grade was much like 6th, except we did more hands on activities. 8th grade was okay. I did well in all of my classes except math. The teacher refused to explain how to do the procedures for answering equations. I was failing. My parent had many meetings with the principal and said teacher. Nothing changed. I had to switch schools. I am now doing very well in my math class.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted February 7, 2006

Fuller is quite a unique school. Gifted students excel there, especially if they start out on the Explorer Team and continue on as TAG students all through school. The teachers really seem to connect with kids and do their best with helping us out. I loved being in band and orchestra there. Who doesn't love playing an instrument and learning to read music? We had a lot of activites to get us involved in what we were doing. It's a great place to go to school, especially since the student gets to express his or her creativity when they take elective classes. These include French or Spanish, orchestra, band, choir, multiple art classes, sports, etc., etc.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 73% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

160 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

179 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

179 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

45 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Asian 2% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 64%N/A60%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

808 East Dixon Rd