Joe T. Robinson High School

Public | 9-12 | 456 students

Posted February 18, 2014

Robinson is a hidden gem! The only public school in West Little Rock is a fabulous school! We moved our son out of one of the local private schools in 10th grade. He said he wished we had moved him to Robinson MUCH sooner! The district is getting us new student desks throughout the school, as well as new teacher desks! The gym was recently renovated, the baseball and softball fields are being completed as well. We have new curtains in the auditorium and the facade will be updated over spring break! It's a great time to be a Senator!!

Posted September 26, 2013

I just recently graduated from Robinson. It was probably some of the best memories in my life. A lot of that was because of the opportunities I was given there. It's only bad if you don't take advantage of those opportunities. There are great teachers and students that treat each other like family and with respect. In my four years, I've never had a problem with anybody at Joe T. Thanks to one of the only shop classes left in the state, I learned many different life skills and other job related skills. Because of this school, I am the person I am today. The people that give Joe T. a bad name, don't know what they are talking about. Definitely a great school.

Posted July 23, 2013

RHS is a good school. It's similar to many urban schools...lack of funding sometimes, but that's everywhere these days with President Obama & the Common Core gang. You naje do with what you have & RHS has done just that with thriving local business/school partnerships. Mrs. Bailey is a fair & understanding principal, and Mr. Lowe is a great man Friday to her leadership. The students have improved scholastically & behaviorally in the last five years, and there is less riffraff than at "other" LRSD & PCSSD high schools. Robinson has a rural feel to it and that's a good thing for all students.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted July 21, 2013

Horrible school! If you live within the boundaries for this school & you can, send your child elsewhere or home school. I was warned by people when I moved here but sent my child anyway. Learned my lesson the hard way. Many details I could give for my reasoning here, but I will just say the principal is in denial about the problems.

Posted October 28, 2012

No problems! Mrs. Bailey (principal) is doing an excellent job! My daughter's ACT was fabulous, she is working hard and having a great time! The district did a lot of work on the school over the summer. Why anyone would send their kid to private school is beyond me and totally unnecessary.

Posted April 17, 2011

All of my teachers (except for one and she has been sick) are exceptional! They are caring, hard working and good people. I have worked hard and learned a lot!

Posted July 19, 2009

My son does very well academically at RHS. I'm glad that he in enrolled in the AP courses. They are rigorous.

Posted April 11, 2009

This is a great school! They have some of the best teachers here. My kids go here, we are so proud to say that we attend Robinson High School!

Posted September 19, 2008

I go here and I really don't like the school. It doesn't really have any good teach.s and the only good ones the students run over. so if you move into the school dis. Don't go here.

Posted August 1, 2008

School has made improvements, but not enough. I will say that the principle has made improvement, but needs to be more accepting of the students. She does not put herself in other people's shoes and try to understand their side of the story. School is run down though. Needs updates in technology that allow we students to further our learning. Many teachers are also coaches, which causes them to take many days off that take from the students learning. Some teachers and staff are rude, and when put into question about it, no action is taken.

Posted April 8, 2008

If Ms. Marha Cothren is an example of your teachers, I wish that my grandchildren were attending your school. Ms. Cothren, thank you for your attitude toward veterans and those currently serving in the military. I'm a veteran of Vietnam, and admire those who recognize military service for what it is. I served with folks from your area, and I hope they're still around to hear what you're doing. Thank you. Sincerely, Loren Gee, Olympia, Washington.

Posted September 17, 2007

Robinson HS is a great school and recently walls have been repainted and they are working on further improvements. The teachers are fantastic and I couldnt ask for better

Posted May 29, 2006

School is the experimentation schoo, the administration is very lax, unorganized, and rude, low teacher expectation and over crowded, the condition of the building is very bad, and teachers sometimes aren't qualified. My first kid they lost her school records completely after Graduation, according to their records she never even went there, all of my kids had to fight the last month of school to prove they qualified for a diploma.

Posted May 22, 2006

I have found that many of the teachers are willing to give struggling students extra assistance if I am concerned enough to stay in contact with them. These teachers will go way beyond required duties. But as a parent it is my responsibility to be involved in my child's education. It is my child's responsibility to take advantage of the extra help.

Posted June 26, 2005

Teacher involvement for some teachers is minimal. It seems that they look upon their job as if they were factory workers, 8 to 4, doing just enough to get by.

Posted March 16, 2005

The school is in need of repair very badly, the teachers are unobservant most of the time to what actually happens in the classes, and the administration does its job.

Posted September 6, 2004

Good school, ok teachers, some school fights

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 70% in 2013.

98 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

83 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 44% in 2013.

90 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 72% in 2013.

92 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 43%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

21501 Hwy 10