Little Rock, AR

Posted December 22, 2014
I have had affiliation with many of the schools in this district and this review is based on the district as a whole, not one particular school. PCSSD has to be one of the worst educational institutions in the state. We all remember a few years ago the trouble between the teachers union and the school board which eventually resulted in the take over of the district by the State Department of Education which in my experience with the district was not any better. Jerry Guest and his minions such as Paul Brewer have not helped, but worsen the district, with their insane policy and conduct.

Posted February 10, 2014
my school is sloppy with roaches and rats you do not want to come here please choose another school

Posted January 12, 2013
This school is a great and exceptional school. They taught me everything I know from Math to English and everything in between.

Posted August 25, 2012
Honestly Mills isn't that bad of a school. I went there all 4 years and I got what I think is the best education in Arkansas. A lot of other schools claim to have the best classes and best sports, but Mills has what I believe is the best honors program in the state. All of the teachers are more than dedicated to teaching and enhancing the lives of their students. The class sizes are smaller which creates a better learning environment. The orchestra is amazing (or it was when I was there) and they have plenty of club opportunities. The honors program was like a family for me. They truly do want the best for you and will do whatever it takes to make you go as far as possible in life. They can see the potential inside of you and somehow manage to pull it out of you even when you don't see it yourself. Yes the administration has issues. Yes the district has issues. Yes there's been plenty of accusations in the past. But I wouldn't have traded it for anywhere else. It's a great school for any kid in the honors program. It's more than worth whatever trouble you'll go through with the district. Your kid really will get the best out of the teachers.

Wilbur D. Mills High School 4

Posted July 01, 2011
The scholars program at Mills has some awesome, dedicated teachers. They go above and beyond to give the students every opportunity possible, DESPITE the lack of support from the very the district administration and school principal. Hopefully with the recent removal of this principal, school board and superintendent , significant change will occur in this very troubled school district.

Posted October 13, 2010
I have to say this is a very disappointing school. and more importantly a disappointing admin. with a principal who has spent most of the past two years fighting with a school board and then running for a school board in Little Rock seems like what you have is a guy who doesn't care. it would be nice to see someone run this school who actually cares about it and not be so concerned about themselves and other districts the students are the ones who suffer. you have a principal who is always on the defense and is rendered useless. it is a shame

Posted February 24, 2010
I think Mills is a great school, they offer tons of AP classes and have great AP teachers. I wouldnt send my son anywhere else.

Posted December 28, 2009
I believe we have problems at our school but in the end the school is what we put into it so students who complain about how our school is its because of what we did not and not the making of our administrators. I love going to ills and plan on going far in my future.

Posted December 14, 2009

Posted October 12, 2009
The only thing good about Mills is the honors program. It's amazing. Other than that...

Wilbur D. Mills High School
1205 East Dixon Rd, Little Rock, AR  72206
Last modified Wilbur D. Mills High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilbur D. Mills High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top