Joe T. Robinson Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 383 students

Posted January 23, 2014

Robinson Middle School is a fabulous place to go and learn for 6-8 there are great teachers for all grades and especially the 8th grade algebra 1 and pre-algebra teacher she is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted November 1, 2013

This is our first year in Little Rock and we decided to try RMS because of it's multicultural atmosphere. We have not been disappointed. The pre-ap classes are challenging. The teachers give assignments that allow the student to use different modalities for learning other than pure lecture. The teachers are responsive to email and parents are able to see assignments via computer. The school cares about character as well as academics. The principal is supportive of extracurricular activities as well as she is present at most of the games. Every student is given the opportunity to learn the major sports and to play on the teams. My child has not experienced any bullying (and she was bullied at the Florida School that she attended). The parents are very involved in this school. The only negative is the building is run down and is in need of replacement. Also the school would benefit from having an open house at the beginning of the year so that each teacher can let the parents know about the classes and what they will require of each student. The parent conferences that they have know occur just before the first quarter ends and I believe that is too late.

Posted November 17, 2012

Robinson MIddle School is a great environment conducive for learning for all children. The faculty, staff and administration work closely with parents, students and community to ensure RMS is one of the best public schools in the state of Arkansas. The school started the implementation of Common Core Standards and will work hard to ensure all students find success. RMS has a caring and involved administration willing to do what is best for students to achieve great success in their educational experience.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 10, 2010

My child just finished up her 3rd year at Robinson Middle School and we were pleased. Most of the teachers were involved and cared about their students. There were a few that were not the best but I think you find that at most schools. My daughter made A's and B's and scored excellent on the standardized tests. She would tell me about some arguments between students, but security handled it quickly and she never felt unsafe. I was involved with the PTO activities and with my daughter's education and she has excelled. We have the means to send her to any private school in town and choose Robinson. We have been happy with Robinson Middle School and are looking forward to Robinson High School.

Posted May 25, 2010

Both of my children attended this school from 6th thru 8th grade. They have made all A's and have scored extremely well on all standardized testing. I would put many of RMS teachers very high on the list of the greatest! There are so many truly caring teachers and staff. We have been extremely pleased and have had no problems.

Posted April 23, 2010

I do not like this school, we moved here and our children had A's and B's now they are barely even passing. Our old school was a 5 star school. Most of the teachers here don't care, they kind of act like 'just pass them and get them out of here' We are looking into a different school for next year, even private schools if we have to, to keep from going back to Robinson!!

Posted April 21, 2010

i like this school but the behavior of the students may get out of hand and i do not like the uniform policies thank you !!!!!!

Posted April 14, 2010

A few trouble makers, do not spoil the whole bunch and every school has them. Test scores are soaring for the ones that want to learn and have parent involvement. A few teachers need to leave/retire but most of the teachers are fabulous! We have had a great experience @ RMS for the past 3 years!

Posted April 13, 2010

This school has violence, bad education, and horrible teachers. This school is a discrase!!!

Posted October 1, 2008

Wow! We love this school! My child's test scores have soared and she is happy! Playing sports, attending events, doing projects. The teachers are attentive and great! I have had not one single problem. Very pleased!

Posted August 17, 2008

I choose to send my child to RMS. I do have choices. When I hear negative remarks, I spend time at school and my fears quickly subside. We are proud of our school, our children, our school community and our test scores! Check it out personally!

Posted February 10, 2008

I think Robinson Middle School is the worst school in the Pulaski School district. I think it needs new leadership and fast before its too last. I feel they don't care about any of their students only in it for the paycheck. Please help this school before it's to late and all the kids suffer.

Posted January 19, 2008

It has great teachers but needs improvment on the language the students use. Overall great!

Posted December 19, 2007

As students of Robinson Middle School, we have recently recieved new bathrooms, a gym, and new classes to our district. The teachers thrive for us to succeed in making good grades for our future. They encourage us, and are there for us most of the time when we need them. Our ACTAAP scores have been the highest test scores in PCSSD this past year. We actually happen to like our odd mascot because it represents someone who wants to achieve more in life academically. The outside of our school is about to get change due to an EAST lab team of students. We are proud to represent our school as suffisticated young students.

Posted July 24, 2006

As a former student,I must say that this school was not all that pleasent. Teachers don't care about you unless you are making good grades in their classes. They barely explain it. And when the class is out of control,sometimes they just ignore it. 'Team Time' does no good either. But worst of all,you are sure to get bullied big time. Do NOT send your child here.

Posted January 22, 2005

As a former student at Robinson Middle School, I would have to say that it is one of the finest schools in Arkansas. The teachers are the main factor in the success of this school; they love to teach, and that fact is made known. Considering the fact that school is where kids spend most of their time, it needs to be an enviornment where they feel safe and are happy...that is exactly what you get at Robinson Middle School. Even if test scores were horrible, and the extracurricular activities weren't up to par, (which they are, but...) the school would still be a place where kids can come and not only learn, but be cared for in the best possible way. I'd say that is what really counts anyway.

Posted January 22, 2005

As a response to 'Robin', in case any other parent is considering this school and would blindly take this opinion to be the utmost truth, I would like to set things straight. I am a former student at Robinson Middle School, and worked constantly for the three years I attended it to make the best grades and test scores possible. The reason for 'average' test scores it that students do not apply themselves. The teachers at this school prepare students for standardized tests from the moment they walk in the door in August, until they are done with testing, and in some cases, they continue on teaching test skills for the future exams. The problem with students is that their parents are not forcing them to apply themselves; not all parents, of course, but enought to hurt the test scores as a whole. This school is one of the best.

Posted February 23, 2004

Current uniform system isn't working...testing has shown low scores on an average-this reflects, to me, that it isn't the students that are at fault, seems that if the students are doing poorly overall, must be the standard of teaching that's faulty...don't agree with the 'team time' that is allowed, while lunch time is extremely rushed for the children (I eat with my child at least monthly)...new principal seems to have great ideas, but are the teachers backing her?

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 73% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

143 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 41% in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 77% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 65% in 2013.

139 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 77% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the End of Course Exam to test high school students in Algebra I, Geometry and Biology. The results for End of Course Exams administered in the spring of each school year are displayed on GreatSchools profiles. The End of Course Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 50%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

21001 Hwy 10