Little Rock, AR

Posted May 30, 2014
I have never been so upset! We have given Daisy Bates 2yrs. The communication is absolutely horrible. My son makes good grades and perfect Attendence. I was told by a district employee that we live in a poverty are so we get poverty education. I always thought it was important for our children to get good educations and learn! My husband and myself work hard and provide for our family. Bates is rated 2 out of 10! I am saddened that Puhlaski County Special School District thinks this is fine. I am not fine with this at all. Education is the future of this country. I never get feedback unless we have to push for it. I do not feel safe with my child attending a school which on 2 occasions I was able to walk right in and not one person stopped to ask who I was. Which I did call and report. No change the second time went to pick up fundraiserers and took me to a room no questions asked or who my child was..... I have had enough and so should you. These are our children's future.

Bates Elementary School 4

Posted November 21, 2013
My daughter is a 3rd grader at Bates Elementary and has been attending since Kindergarten. She requires extra help with certain activities and subjects. Since the beginning, the teachers and staff have been VERY helpful assisting her in any way that she needs. She has truly blossomed as a student and a young lady. The staff at Bates has also been amazing. The front office is always friendly and helpful, phone calls get returned quickly and they have helped me and my child out every time there has been an issue. Their upbeat attitude is contagious and the children's attitudes reflect it. I can't say enough about our principal and co-principal. Their obvious care, compassion and love for our students is evident in everything they do. They go above and beyond for every child there. They are truly amazing people. Bullying is not accepted in any form at our school. Actions are taken quickly and decisively to correct the problem. We are a school that has a lower socioeconomic than some other schools in the area. But what we lack in some resources, we make up tenfold with love. Daisy Bates Elementary School would be a wonderful option for any child. I know that it has been for mine.

Posted May 28, 2013
I went to Daisy Bates as a child and I went against every ones advice to take my son out of privet school and try public (Bates) I fell like learning has stopped. I don't ever see home work as promised (every tuesday and thursday night in the sylabus) I have seen 2 spelling sheets to study all year, and the few science sheets I saw had to be answered from the work book which he was not aloud to bring home because there wasn't enough for the class .I never received his 3 quarter report card later found out he made a/b honor roll by the invitation to the dinner???? My calls are never returned but as long as he is passing ill catch him up my self this summer. I can afford privet school but I can afford to move and so the house search begins.

Posted April 19, 2011
Good luck getting the staff to do anything about the bullying. My son was bullied constantly his first few months at this school and several calls to the principal and his teacher had no effect, despite the cuts and bruises he would come home with. It was only when my son got enough courage to hit back that something started happening--he was punished.

Bates Elementary School 4

Posted April 18, 2011
My granddaughter has been at this school for two years, the teachers and office people are great . This year my granddaughter has had a problem with bullying.

Bates Elementary School 2

Posted August 11, 2010
I have had two children in this school for 6 years and I have to say the teachers are wonderful and the facilities are great. However the bathrooms ALWAYS stink and the principal loves to tell you what you want to hear and then does NOTHING!! Lip service at its finest

Bates Elementary School 5

Posted April 25, 2008
I have been at Daisy Bates a short amount of time, but in that short amount of time I have seen that the quality of teachers and administrators is excellent!

Bates Elementary School
14300 Dineen Dr, Little Rock, AR  72206
Last modified Bates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bates Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top