10-12 & Ungraded
Marion, AR

Teacher effectiveness: Ineffective

Posted July 08, 2015
I have two students attending this school. Teachers are routinely late to the class room, do not provide valuable feedback on assignments in a timely manner and do not like involved parents. Multiple requests for continual updates are acknowledged but the updates do not come In addition, the teachers are not properly equipped to teach the students. Textbooks are outdated and in poor condition. Students share textbooks. I would expect tablets and other technology to be available- they are not. Dress code is not properly enforced. Parents are not notified of security issues, example - student brought a gun to school however the faculty decided since no students were ever in danger (in their opinion) that parents did not need to be notified. None of my high school students had ever heard of Charles Dickens, I made them write essays on him at home. There are lot of basic, important pieces of literature, history, mathematics and more that are never addressed in our classrooms. I moved to Marion years ago because the schools were good. We are moving away because the schools are no longer providing a sufficient education.

Marion High School 2

Posted July 08, 2015
overall, there are some good teachers. However as I stated earlier they are poorly equipped. I would not be willing to teach in this district. We fund things such as a performing arts center when our bands score poorly, our choir is basically non-existent and our theatrics department is borderline at best. The money would have been better spent on textbooks, security camera's, building repairs, updated technology and more.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 08, 2015
Teachers are late, notebook checks can sometimes take weeks. Feedback on homework assignments isn't returned until many more assignments have been submitted so the students potentially make the same errors repeatedly.

Marion High School 1

Posted September 07, 2014
Absolutely horrible. I don't know that a jail has more rules. I felt like a prisoner rather than a student

Posted October 13, 2010
My daughter graduated there 10 years ago and now my step-daughter attends the high school. The teachers are great and caring.

Marion High School 2

Posted August 29, 2010
I am a former student of Marion High School. Although there are teachers that are great people and fully qualified, it's only a handful. I went through the honors core classes and it was a joke. The math and science departments are pitiful. I went to a private college out of state and the difference in my education and that of my peers is ridiculous. It may be better than the schools around it, but it is definitely below average nationwide.

Posted September 18, 2009
Marion High School is abosutely wonderful! Teachers, coaches,counselors and the entire staff are exceptionally great. They really care about our children and there education!!! They go above and beyond with the students at any given time. They prepare them for college, to continue on with there education.

Marion High School 4

Posted September 21, 2007
I was a student at this school once. I loved it and it is a very good school.

Marion High School 5

Posted July 12, 2005
it is a very good school. you can do anything you please, as long as it isn't breaking the rules. the band is one of the best in state. they also have art and alot of different sports, we even just got ultimate frisbee. there are also many clubs for student involvement. i can't wait to graduate from it and say that i was a patriot!

1 Patriot Dr, Marion, AR  72364
Last modified Marion High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marion High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top