10-12 & Ungraded|Public district
921 students|Marion School District

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

I have two students attending this school. Teachers are routinely late to the class room, do not provide valuable feedback on assignments in a timely manner and do not like involved parents. Multiple requests for continual updates are acknowledged but the updates do not come In addition, the teachers are not properly equipped to teach the students. Textbooks are outdated and in poor condition. Students share textbooks. I would expect tablets and other technology to be available- they are not. Dress code is not properly enforced. Parents are not notified of security issues, example - student brought a gun to school however the faculty decided since no students were ever in danger (in their opinion) that parents did not need to be notified. None of my high school students had ever heard of Charles Dickens, I made them write essays on him at home. There are lot of basic, important pieces of literature, history, mathematics and more that are never addressed in our classrooms. I moved to Marion years ago because the schools were good. We are moving away because the schools are no longer providing a sufficient education.

overall, there are some good teachers. However as I stated earlier they are poorly equipped. I would not be willing to teach in this district. We fund things such as a performing arts center when our bands score poorly, our choir is basically non-existent and our theatrics department is borderline at best. The money would have been better spent on textbooks, security camera's, building repairs, updated technology and more.

Absolutely horrible. I don't know that a jail has more rules. I felt like a prisoner rather than a student

My daughter graduated there 10 years ago and now my step-daughter attends the high school. The teachers are great and caring.

I am a former student of Marion High School. Although there are teachers that are great people and fully qualified, it's only a handful. I went through the honors core classes and it was a joke. The math and science departments are pitiful. I went to a private college out of state and the difference in my education and that of my peers is ridiculous. It may be better than the schools around it, but it is definitely below average nationwide.

Marion High School is abosutely wonderful! Teachers, coaches,counselors and the entire staff are exceptionally great. They really care about our children and there education!!! They go above and beyond with the students at any given time. They prepare them for college, to continue on with there education.

I was a student at this school once. I loved it and it is a very good school.

Last modified Marion High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.