Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Amount of homework: no rating

Sometimes my opinion on homework varies. As a parent who works (and during certain times of the year has to work a crazy amount of hours) I can't say that I look forward to helping out and checking with homework for hours when I get home. However, with one of my kids it takes them longer than most other kids to do certain kinds of homework. My other child doesn't seem to have any problem with getting it all done quickly and correctly. So there are nights when I feel like pulling my hair out while other nights I wonder if I should give them extra homework just to make sure they've got it. This is why I would never be able to be a teacher and I'm so glad that APCS has amazing teachers who are kindhearted and love teaching.

The teachers are outstanding at APCS. They take an interest in our kids both inside and outside of school. Every year both of our kids teachers have taken time out of their weekends or weeknights to come watch our children perform in dance or sports. This means the world to our kids and to us as well. It shows the kids that the teachers don't only care about them academically but also as individuals. Our kids feel safe and know that their well being matters to their teachers. The school strongly encourages parental involvement in numerous areas of the school. They have a Watch Dog program specifically for Dads, Uncles & Grandpas. My kids love this because typically its stay at home Moms who have the opportunity to volunteer to help out at the school and therefore, they love it when a Dad or Grandpa is there to help out with the car line, to help monitor the lunch room, to help move things around or to simply walk with a class to the gym or the lunch room. My son specifically thinks its cool to have a Dad who takes an interest in the well being of the kids and wants them to succeed. Some of the teachers have husbands who are in various areas of law enforcement or are emergency personnel or are radio personalities and they also take time out of their lives to come and talk to the classes about their jobs and teach them "cool" things. Even at the elementary level APCS students get a wide range of information about numerous topics. Our children have grown academically as well as socially while attending APCS. They love their school and as a parent that means a lot to my husband and I. Our kids are the two most important things in our life and we don't entrust their safety and emotional well being with just anyone. The teachers and administrators at APCS are amazing with our children and we feel safe leaving our kids in their care. We love our school and we are thankful that we have it. We highly recommend it for any student.

We started in Kindergarten there this year and I will admit to being a little intimidated. The school structure is very strict and we got a little "Stepford" feel from it at first. Our child's kindergarten class looked like what you would normally expect from the 2nd or 3rd grade. Our child had preschool but was not as advanced as the other students seemed to be. Many of these children are already reading and writing. He had a great deal of trouble settling in as he struggled with the feeling that everyone was so much more advanced which tended to translate into behavioral issues. His teacher, the Principal, Vice Principal and Counselor were all extremely dedicated to helping him catch up and find his place there and went above and beyond to help him settle. Now he is at a level with others in his class and behaving himself. He is very enthusiastic about the things he is learning and positive about school in general. I credit his extremely patient teacher and her support for this attitude. I would highly recommend this school.

Wonderful elementary school. The teachers are great and caring. They have enrichment classes after school in many different areas of interest. The academics part is way above par. They expect the children to be a grade level and a half above where they are. Help is needed if they are falling behind. The high school is great and challenging with one exception being math. My son had four different math teachers last year alone. This year they tried to fix the problem with hiring a teacher that had college level teaching experience. She however does not know how to teach to the younger students and it has been a struggle from day one. If they can fix this one issue with math then I would give them an A+

Excellent school. Great kids! The faculty is caring and professional. Lots of communication with parents.

Awesome, caring, nurturing, holds students accountable! Supportive teachers, faculty and staff! Awesome school! Academics Plus is teaching more than just how to be a good student! Character education in important at AP as well as academics!

We love Academics Plus! It is a safe, nurturing environment as well as academically challenging. The teachers are wonderful, and the elementary principal, Mrs. Gross, is excellent.

We have been so pleased with APCS! We fill so good knowing our child is safe and surrounded by wonderful teachers and a great staff. Could not be more pleased with the education he is receiving.

APCS is a great school with the best team of dedicated teachers. It has a small town community feel with K-12 on one campus. The kids are pushed academically, but also really treated as individuals. We are so glad we made the choice to enroll our children at APCS.

APCS is a wonderful school which focuses on what is best for each child. The school environment is more like a family and everyone knows and cares about eachother.

Last modified Academics Plus Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.