Bad
Good

I went to this school in the early 80's and my daughter went through this school and now my son goes to this school. BEST public school in Central Arkansas hands down, the staff is very involved as well are the parents. The PTO blows away any other schools in Maumelle. Both of my kids got the help they needed whenever they needed it and the principal is fantastic, she takes care of business. I am not as involved as I should be but the parents who are and the previous teaches who volunteer should be commended for all that they do!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly agree

My daughter experienced bullying there and every time I reported it the principal handled it VERY THOROUGHLY!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

My experience is that it has through friends and neighbors children there now.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

The principal runs that school like it should be.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am in business management now in my late 30's, my daughter is in high school and excels in the arts, she has art in the local museums, my son excels there in science and chess club.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My teachers were great when I went, my daughters were when she went and my son has loved every teacher he has had as well. My sons current teacher is very fair and does not tolerate misbehavior in the classroom and rewards good behavior.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Homework is sent home when its needed and study material is sent before tests but they do not overwhelm.

When my daughter started at the school I loved it... She was in advanced classes & the teacher was very communicative... Then my son started kindergarten.... He has adhd & they have up on him the first week of school.... His teacher actually stopped me in the hall to tell me he was a terribly behaved child who needed to be put on medication immediately. They called me in for multiple meetings because we wanted to try different approaches & even told my husband that or son would fail kindergarten because we refused to mediate him. Worst experience ever. He's in 2nd grade now & behind because teachers see his adhd diagnosis & don't even bother trying... Terrible school if you have children with behavioral issues, but great for my 2 kids who don't. Also the only teacher I've met who still believes in teaching for teaching & not teaching for testing is being forced into retirement this year... She was disciplined for things like having an actual math book in her class... My kindergartener gets put on yellow if he doesn't get his notebook cleaned out each night... I'm pulling my kids out after this year. I want nothing more to do with this school.

PFE has wonderful leadership, very qualified teachers, great balance of ethnic/ecomomic backgrounds for everyone to feel comfortable and cared for! We also love the location in beautiful maumelle and the easy access to community center/walking trails/library (all within walking distance of PFE! Extra-curricular programs are wonderful and cafeteria staff are so great :)

We really like PFE and appreciate the effort the teachers and administration make to help our children grow and learn. Yes, there are issues here and there but they are quickly addressed and the school involves us. Most importantly, the principal listens! We have been very fortunate to have our children go to this school. It is a welcoming environment not only for students but parents as well. They edge on the side of flexible but have rules they follow and apply to all fairly. Overall, we are happy with the results and communication.

Last modified Pine Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.