Bad
Good

When my daughter started at the school I loved it... She was in advanced classes & the teacher was very communicative... Then my son started kindergarten.... He has adhd & they have up on him the first week of school.... His teacher actually stopped me in the hall to tell me he was a terribly behaved child who needed to be put on medication immediately. They called me in for multiple meetings because we wanted to try different approaches & even told my husband that or son would fail kindergarten because we refused to mediate him. Worst experience ever. He's in 2nd grade now & behind because teachers see his adhd diagnosis & don't even bother trying... Terrible school if you have children with behavioral issues, but great for my 2 kids who don't. Also the only teacher I've met who still believes in teaching for teaching & not teaching for testing is being forced into retirement this year... She was disciplined for things like having an actual math book in her class... My kindergartener gets put on yellow if he doesn't get his notebook cleaned out each night... I'm pulling my kids out after this year. I want nothing more to do with this school.

PFE has wonderful leadership, very qualified teachers, great balance of ethnic/ecomomic backgrounds for everyone to feel comfortable and cared for! We also love the location in beautiful maumelle and the easy access to community center/walking trails/library (all within walking distance of PFE! Extra-curricular programs are wonderful and cafeteria staff are so great :)

We really like PFE and appreciate the effort the teachers and administration make to help our children grow and learn. Yes, there are issues here and there but they are quickly addressed and the school involves us. Most importantly, the principal listens! We have been very fortunate to have our children go to this school. It is a welcoming environment not only for students but parents as well. They edge on the side of flexible but have rules they follow and apply to all fairly. Overall, we are happy with the results and communication.

My husband and I were very disappointed with Pine Forrest Elementary. It was an uphill battle the whole year our children were there when trying to get our kids extra help. Our son was finally placed on a 504 plan due to his disability, however it was a never ending battle when it came to getting assistance for our daughter. While in the middle of doing the requires testing to see if she qualified for special education, the VP called us and states that we needed to take our daughter to get her diagnosed with ADD and put on medication before they could finish the testing due to her inability to focus during testing. This was completely illegal!!! Needless to say, after arguing with the VP for weeks on end...we filed for a permit to have our kids transferred and jerked them out of Pine Forrest as quickly as we could. If you have children with disabilities that require special needs, do not send them there!!!

i love this school, it is a 10000% better than the school my kids went to in little rock. I have 2 children in this school and they both love it and are doing great. thier grades and comprehension have improved and they have lots of friends and look forward to going everyday. the staff are great and work very hard and are very professional wich is a huge problem iv had with the past schools. Not that it matters but my children, as are my nephews are african american and have never had any issues in this school. thank you and keep up the good work.

My child will never attend this school again the teachers dont communicate well with the students my child comes home lost african american student wouldn't stand a chance at this school

The principal is doing a great job this year, she is new and trying to straighten things out. She is more involved with the teachers and parents which is a plus. However, this school is lacking team building amonst the teachers as well as any type of classroom enrichment on a daily level.

Last modified Pine Forest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.