Mayflower, AR

Mayflower High School 2

Posted September 06, 2011
Like most small schools, the ex-mean girls run most of the volunteer activities. It s the only way they can get away with continuing to bully. The only difference here is the way the administration and coaches buy into it and allow it to flourish. So don t plan on getting too involved in your child s school activities unless you yourself have been here since elementary school. Very hostile and unfriendly overall.

Posted August 01, 2010
I attended this school my whole life, as well as Conway Career. Just comparing those two together...Mayflower teachers always took the time out to help you, whether it was during class or after. They were always there for you...no matter what you needed!

Mayflower High School 0

Posted June 08, 2009
The faculty at Mayflower High School are overall very caring individuals.

Posted September 17, 2007

Posted July 16, 2007
I think the teachers are wonderful and they actually listen and help you or a student with his or her problems because I know i have a lot of them.

Mayflower High School 4

Posted October 31, 2005
- a former student
Last year, I was a foreign exchange student on Mayflower. I am from the Netherlands and I really liked the school because everybody is very helpfull and teachers are always looking for a solution with you if there is a problem. It is a small but very nice school and I really enjoyed my year there. There are many different courses you can follow, and I especially liked the art class, because it has a lot of variety in it. There is a good sports programm too.

Mayflower High School 3

Posted October 07, 2004
- a former student
As a former student (not a parent), I actually have experience in dealing with the school. The teachers are wonderful and caring, for the most part. There are the few who go up and above the call of duty to work with the students. Sadly the students are the problem. Too many students just don't care. The teachers bend over backward to help us understand, and the kids are more interested in the person next to them or what they ate for breakfast. Parents need to step in and be more involved. The teachers are doing an awesome job. It's a great school. A little athletic oriented, but good nonetheless. The music program is getting better every year. :) The GT program needs to be better with the middle and high school, and there could be more AP classes at the high school, but that just got started recently.

Posted December 07, 2003
We love the level of teacher involvement with the students and parents. You never have to wonder how your child is doing. Teachers and administration are very willing to work one on one with the students and involve the parents in the student's studying habits where extra help may be needed. Our son has gone from a lackluster average student to an honor roll student since we enrolled him in middleschool here. The cirriculum is challenging and the teachers seem to encourage individual thinking. I would highly recommend this school and area to anyone looking to relocate.

Mayflower High School
10 Lesley King Dr, Mayflower, AR  72106
Last modified Mayflower High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mayflower High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top