Mountain Pine Elementary School

Public | PK-6 | 344 students

Sweep tile

Posted August 27, 2013

My child goes to Mtn. Pine and she is in the elementary . I agree with the other person that said the school doesn't want the parents involved with the students at the school. Anytime you come to the school a lot of the staff is very rude, and the act like they don't want you to be there. They need to be more welcoming to the parents I understand they are trying to protect the kids ,but there is no reason for them to treat you like a criminal.

Posted May 3, 2012

I am a parent of three children that have attended Mountain Pine and presently do now. My oldest son is a senior in college and maintains a 3.8 GPA. Both of my daughters are in advanced placement classes and allowed many opportunities to explore the world around them. I did read the statement provided by the individual from Texas. Currently holding a degree in Early Childhood Education and working with children my entirelife, I would love to be able to speak with the teacher of this child. Maybe they were dealing with a SPECIAL ED. NEED. There are always two sides to every story. Glad you are back in Texas! Hope you are finding your school system accomidating there! GO HOGS!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 15, 2010

My son attends Mountain Pine and is currently in Kindergarten. I have not been impressed with my child has learned. Most of what they've done all year he learned in Pre-K. School will be over in less than 9 weeks and he is just now beginning to read from memory with sight words. He is struggling to sound out words and I've had to work with him a lot at home to get him to where he needs to be. Regardless of what I do with him at home, he will only fall behind by the day with what I teach, because the school is so far behind. I agree with the lady from Texas. We are looking to move very soon, just to ensure that our children do not attend Mountain Pine any longer. The entire district lacks professionalism and parents that want to be envolved are quickly shunned away.

Posted February 20, 2010

I think that mountain pine is the best school that my childern have ever been to. The teachers are grate too.

Posted January 20, 2009

okay i'm a student at Mountain Pine and I have been blessed to be apart of a school that has so many respectful students, volunteers, and teachers! Yes most of us were born and rased here as well as our parents and most of us are related, but we all stick together and help others to reach there goals. We have a normal school that has smart people and people who are challenged... Our teachers try the best they can, the problem is lake of careing. I have been cheering here every year scence 2004 and i'm now the Jr High cheerleading Co-Captain. I'm also a Basketball Player and my first year to play for pee wee I needed shoes and a ride to practice... most of the coaches got together and helped pay for them for me. If your willing to learn, you will be pleased with your childs advancedment!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 6, 2008

My son has attended school MP for 11 years and I am more than satisfied with the schools performance in all areas. I think that the staff and parents have a very close relationship and the fact that it is a small school only enhances it's greatness. We have the best athletic programs in our conference for high school and no where around will you find a better pee wee program. They are defending their 10 year as conference champs and there is no cost for the kids to participate in football, basketball or cheerleading at the pee wee level. The parent that wrote the reveiw that was from Texas and didn't leave her children but 4 months should have stuck around. We are a big family and want more to join our family. See for yourself you will love it too.

Posted March 6, 2006

We moved there from Texas without knowing that this school is lacking academically.I had 2 children going to Mountain Pine in 2004-05 school year and I removed them from there within 4 months. My children were doing work they did one to two years ago.With their very low test scores it is a wonder Mountain Pine is still open.We have had several problems with some children in the 5th and 6th grade, and I don't feel that they were adequately handled by the principal. If you aren't from the area, don't expect a warm welcome. Outsiders are not welcome with open arms. Your children will have a very hard time fitting in. Most of the children going here were raised here and so were their parents or they are all related! 'If you love your children and care about their future do not make them go to this school.'

Posted September 18, 2004

Mountain Pine is an excellent school! My two daughters attend there who are in the 5th and 6th grade at MPS and have been very blessed with excellent teachers who really take interest in their students. This is their first year to attend here and they really love the school. Mountain Pine thinks of the kids and offers a lot of gerat extracurricular activities such as pee-wee football and Cheerleading for 4th grade and up which most school do not offer this . The school is small and the parents are involved. It might be the partnership between the parents, the principal and the teachers that make it exceptional. It is hard to pinpoint the success because there are so many bonuses. I think the only thing I am not happy with is the lack of shade for the parents and cheerleaders at the football games. The visitors have it all:-)

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

39 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

47 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 73% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

46 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Asian 1% 1%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 79%N/A60%
Source: NCES, 2010-2011

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

690 Blakely Dam Rd