Mt Vernon, AR

Posted April 02, 2009
I am currently in 8th grade,and i really think that this school is a good place to learn. We have one of the best basketball teams in the state, and our coach, justin rodgers, is my favorite coach i have had. As far as academics go, most of the teachers, when a student is not up to par, will work with that student until they are. It is a great enviroment, and a larger school would just have drug problems.

Posted September 14, 2008
I attended this school and must say that like any school the education is what the child makes of it. Parental encouragement and motivation plays a HUGE role in the way any student uses their educations. One writer said that test scores weren't as reported but that is something handled through the state and I really don't believe there is anyway to forge that. The pay rate for the teachers there is higher than many large schools. I hope that anyone reading this doesn't pay attention to the bad mouthing that some parents and students are doing. Every school has problems some more than others. A larger school would just have a larger drug problem. I think that if you put your kids on the right track MVE can help lead them down that track.

Posted March 16, 2008
I attended this school since the beginning through 12th grade. I personally think that the elementry is a great place for the kids. All the teachers are very encouraging toward their students. As far as the high school, i think that if your student does not have a popularity status with their teachers or maybe a poor ability to learn that this is not the right school for them. Everyone knows everyone out there and the teachers like to hold grudges and ignore the help the students need. I would have to say that in all of this their are some great teachers like Mr. Tom Grasser.

Posted July 10, 2007
For some of the teachers, it is just a job and they seem to project an attitude because they can. There seems to be a lack of respect for most students and they seem to be clicky so that instantly gives youth the go ahead to do the same. If your child is not motivated to do well they can very well be just be passed on to be passed. Very discouraging for a concerned parent.

Mt. Vernon/Enola High School 3

Posted May 18, 2007

Posted May 18, 2007

Posted April 01, 2005
- a former student
I attended school from the 3rd grade till 12th grade and have went on to college. I think the school was the best place for me and many other people. It as great teachers like Mr. Grasser, who teaches history, he does any thing in his power to educate his students. Mt. Vernon also has a great AG department, and business department, and has many clubs. It really is the best of both worlds... A Great education and personal attention and understanding so many young adults need.

Mt. Vernon/Enola High School 4

Posted January 09, 2005

Mt. Vernon/Enola High School 1

Posted December 27, 2004
Well lets start off by saying this school is not what it appears to be. I know of at least 5 students who attend this school and what has been said is not quite so. The test scores are not what they say that they are. Also, the teachers do not do their job. Many ignore the students in the classroom. They may have their hand raised and yet ask for help and be denied of that help. Also, the new rule about bullies is not well let's say not enforced like it is supposed to be. Last, I know of students who do drugs or at least have them on campus. I have even seen them have it right there in front of a teacher and them not punish them. The teachers are great to those who are intelligent. But have little or no patience for those less intellegent.

Posted March 30, 2004
Mount Vernon Enola Schools are, to simply put it, the best choice. Since I know I have a 'choice' its the only school for my kids. The student-to-teacher ratio is low and bench mark scores and the quality of education are high. I contribute a great deal of the success of my second grader, who is currently reading at a sixth grade level, to the teachers and administration. And in most cases, I find this kind of educational success to be the 'rule' not the exception. With a firm conviction, I highly recommend Mt. Vernon Enola Schools -Our School of Choice. If you're looking for excellence in education, look no further - MVE... where every child counts (and reads and writes too).

Mt. Vernon/Enola High School
38 Garland Springs Rd, Mt Vernon, AR  72111
Last modified Mt. Vernon/Enola High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mt. Vernon/Enola High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top