K-8|Private

Bad
Good

My son has THRIVED in the positive environment at NLRMS. His teachers for Pre-K and Kindergarten have been nothing short of amazing. He loves going to school everyday and truly enjoys the montessori learning environment. I highly recommend this school!!!

For the review August 2, 2011, you really don't know what you are talking about. This is an amazing school with an excellent staff. Orientation was a couple of nights ago, and this year is going to see our children excel! For those that needed to kick up a fuss last year and fed on discord - GOOD RIDDANCE! Those with the biggest mouths were the biggest trouble! I look forward to an excellent year with a amazing teaching staff and fellow parents all on the same page. One that is more worried about our child's development than the social circles to be kept with other parents!

My son is starting his second year at NLR Montessori this year. WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The teachers and administrators care for my child as if he were there own. And I strongly disagree with the previous reviewer's claim. I have observed classes first hand and see the Montessori principles being applied in every area. The children are introduced to hands-on lessons as they show readiness. Each room is well equipped with Montessori materials and those are the materials used for teaching. The students do keep busy with the materials, and they do a lot of work on their own but if you have researched the Montessori method you know that that is how the Montessori method is supposed to work. I can understand how someone who may have chosen the school without researching the method may misunderstand seeing students working on their own, but that is the best thing about Montessori--students learn to learn and to LOVE learning! Of course as students get older and can read well they start doing more reading and fewer hands-on lessons. (I am just a parent, but this is my understanding) To really get a feel for the school I suggest you visit and observe a class for yourself. YOU'LL LOVE IT!!

My child attended North Little Rock Montessori School for four years with no complaints. However, over the last two years I have watched the school steadily go downhill. This school may have been a true Montessori school at one time, but no longer adhere to the philosophy--they are Montessori in name only. Children do a lot of busywork and very, very little of the traditional hands-on Montessori work. As far as curriculum, there is no difference than that of a traditional school. Why pay tuition for something you can get for free? The teacher turnover is increasingly high due to low pay and unhappiness with the administration. The school has--or has had, as is now the case--excellent, caring teachers. For the 2011-2012 school year, there is only one Montessori trained teacher returning. This used to be a wonderful school, but sadly is no longer the case.

My son has been attending this school for 2 years now and the academics are excellent. The teachers and parents are highly involved and make many of the big decisions along with the principal. The negatives are that there is not a cafeteria, no fine arts program, and no gym. Many of the students belong to military families and there is a wonderful after school program available to working parents for a small fee. We have seen the school come a long way in the form of technology and new classroom equipment.

I have 2 children attending- 1 kindergarten and 1 in pre-k program. We love this school! We were at a different private school last year(out of state) and this is so much better. My children have learned so much already. Each day we are amazed with new things they know. The Montessori method really seems to be great. The teachers are super. It's a very warm, loving, supportive place. As a military family we felt very welcomed and supported. Teachers all seem to really love the kids and most have many, many years of teaching experience. My children love going to school here. Parents are great too! Only downside it's so small there is no lunch program. The only other down side is that they do not yet have computers in lower level grade's rooms.

The one thing that makes this school distinctly different than other montessori schools is the level of training and years of knowledge/experience the teachers have. The teachers have a true passion for what they do and it shows in the excitement my daughter has each day that she goes to school!

Last modified North Little Rock Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-8