North Little Rock, AR

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
I always receive a call anytime the kid(s) feel ill & assure if I check them out the office always makes sure I have a return to school notice. Providing they were out due to them being sick.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted August 29, 2015
Communication is key. Teachers keep us informed on a daily and weekly basis. The school makes a point to create fun activities for the kids & parents.

Indian Hills Elementary School 4

Posted August 29, 2015
The teachers are engaged with every student, their safety is never compromised, & the kids love it.

Indian Hills Elementary School 5

Posted August 25, 2015
Low teacher:student ratio. They have a lot of aides that help with the classes. We've been here for 4 years and have always been impressed with the level of care and knowledge from the teachers. The Principal and VP are very hands on and know the kids. It's rare to walk through the school and not see them, even before and after school pick up. There is also a lot of parent and community involvement. Even those that do not have children at the school but live in the area come to support the events, like fall fest. I am very proud that my son goes to school here. We looked at a couple of private schools and felt that this was our better option. I'm also one that believes in holding the parent(s accountable as well. I firmly believe that the more the parent(s) is involved with the child, completing homework, and keeping an open line of communication, the better experience their child will have and the more they will learn.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted August 25, 2015
They all have such a positive attitude and they love those kids and really want them to do their best. And not once have I heard a teacher complain at Common Core. They speak about how they are changing and growing and learning with it as well. They say that if they have a bad attitude about it, then their students will too.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted August 25, 2015
Often times my child is able to get his homework done in class. If it's sent home, I know that I can email, call or text his teacher after school if I have questions and they will respond!

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
Starting in 3rd grade, the children become "Big Buddies" to the K-2 graders where they work on developing these skills

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted August 25, 2015
They hold the children accountable for their actions. Starting in 3rd grade, the children become "Big Buddies" to the K-2 graders

Indian Hills Elementary School 4

Posted May 07, 2015
My son started kindergarten this year, and he's really excelling at Indian Hills. The principal, teachers, staff, etc. have all been very helpful. It's a great school and we look forward to the years to come!

Indian Hills Elementary School 5

Posted April 29, 2015
My children have both done well at this school. They have improved each year, and are on track to succeed in their future educational experiences. I find this school to be a diverse blend of students and teachers. I highly respect the administrators, and enjoy the parent-teacher partnership at this school.

6800 Indian Hills Dr, North Little Rock, AR  72116
Last modified Indian Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Indian Hills Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 47 reviews. Top