North Little Rock, AR

Lakewood Elementary School 3

Posted July 23, 2014
Racism IS alive and well in this school. My child was so horribly bullied at this school by adults, including the principal, that we chose to move to a different school and neighborhood. We are not a family of color - but I did see the racism referred to in the other post. There is an interesting system here that is easy to see. There are A, B and C teachers. A teachers and classroom are easily identifiable by the "best" and most connected families. B teachers and classrooms are reserved for the students and families who haven't quite proven their worth or value to Ms. Logan. C students/classrooms are for families who question and are trouble makers. We were in an A classroom but watched this happen - and watched what happened when we called it out. Very interesting social observations here. Would definitely not recommend this school for serious or mature families - or for students with special needs, rather that is GT or lower performing. I'll never forget when the principal apparently thought I would think it "cool" that she was able to be home in time for a nap by 3:30. Sadly, the great teachers - many of them "B" - feel bullied as well. Toxic place.

Posted June 09, 2014
Awesome school!!!! My daughter had an amazing teacher!! Very concerned about the children but also their family!!! This school does everything they can to involve family activities and being involved with your child/children/learning etc, which my older child went to crystal hill for 3 years and now having the experience with my daughter in "K" at Lakewood has me thanking God for this move and school. The principal (Logan) also amazing! If u don't like your child on a routine, structured, or having manners/good behavior then yea this isn't the school for the parent, anyway! Politics are everywhere. As a parent we should know how to deal with it already. I never once felt my daughter or myself were treated any different b/c of money Only improvement that the school needs, will be completed soon! YAY 2014-15

Posted April 07, 2014
Racism is alive and well in this school. If you child is white and has money, they will be treated very well.

Posted April 07, 2014
Not a good school school for children that need a little extra help. Parents, if your child has dyslexia, please avoid this school.

Posted April 05, 2014
Sara Logan is a vindictive woman and bullied my child. If your child has special needs do NOT send him here.

Posted August 22, 2013
My Grandson is in his third year at Lakewood Elementary. His experiences there are obvious, in that he reads well, spells well, performs math well, and generally just loves his teachers. The school is undergoing a major construction upgrade, so that is a plus. There has been no safety or bulling issues to date. The staff has a great attitude about their work, and the test scores reflect their quality of teaching. I am thrilled my Grandson is there. I have attended many extra activities, and the kids love it. Thank PaPa Jim

Lakewood Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2008
This school could benefit by adding additional programs such as band, choir, foreign language, chess club etc..... The Gifted and Talented Program is all politcal and you are guaranteed a spot in the GT class if your parent is a teacher regardless of your academic standing! Mrs. Norman and Mrs. Lupton are the most caring teachers this school could ever have.

Posted May 04, 2008

Lakewood Elementary School 0

Posted September 04, 2007
Our child is in kindergarten at Lakewood. We have Mrs. Matthews and absolutely love her! Her room is so cute and inviting. She oviously loves kids. We think this is a great school.

Posted December 02, 2005
My son is ADHD w/ socialization issues, and this is my sons 1st day of school at Lakewood Elementary. All the kids and staff very warmly greeted my son and made him feel very welcome and I have never heard so many children with such pride in there school. They all spoke very highly of the school, staff, grounds, curricular activities etc. I have a very good feeling with I enter this school and so did my son. I know my son is going to excel here, and look forward to all our time with them. They have great parent envolvment, and a 'No Bullies' policy. Very healthy, stable environment. I highly recommend this school. Thank you Lakewood, 'You Can't Hide That Lion Pride'

Lakewood Elementary School
1800 Fairway Ave, North Little Rock, AR  72116
Last modified Lakewood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakewood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top