Pike View Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2009
I recently started working at Pike View, so some might say my opinions are a little biased. However, from my experience, Pike View is a great school. I have gotten to know and have worked with all the teacher's personally. Each teacher TRULY cares about her students. This has been an extremely challenging school year so far for various reasons, but I can assure each teacher is doing her best to meet the needs of ALL students. I feel the faculty is very well-qualified. The principal is amazing. She is so sweet and genuinely cares for the children. I would encourage all parents to become involved and try to work with the teachers. They are unbelievably busy, extremely dedicated, and have one of the toughest jobs in the world!

Posted July 29, 2009

Posted July 29, 2009

Pike View Elementary School 0

Posted September 23, 2008
As a whole, the school is marginal. I was not impressed with the teachers' level of dedication to the students or to parents. It appears as though parents are not as welcomed as the school says they are. I and a few other parents I surveyed felt unwelcomed in the office and in their children's classrooms. Commitment to learning and staff morale appear low and leadership lacking. I do not recommend this school - especially since they seem to have much trouble keeping up with student attendance records. I had embarrasingly little help resolving their problem with my child's attendance records after withdrawing her to homeschool.

Pike View Elementary School 5

Posted September 20, 2008
I love PikeView, the principal is the best!! she and all of her staff cares about the students. and the teachers do do there best in making the student be succesful in all the area neccessary. Parnets want to blame the staff for their childs grades when its not the student its the parents that needs to be more into their kid or kids school life. I am not a PTA parent and this is my child 2nd yr. they are wonderful.

Posted March 07, 2007

Posted March 06, 2007
I would not recommend this school to anybody. The Principal has very poor leadership skills. The teachers are not very good at this school at all. You have to be a very involved parent or your child will not get a very good education at this school. The staff is very rude at this school. Yes something needs to be done about this school.

Posted July 14, 2005
I wanted to be sure to provide a rating for Pike View being as though the only other ratings say something very different in regards to the principal. I am not sure if the person that wrote the Sept. rating really had a child that went to Pike View. What the June 2004 review said about the principal could not be any nore true. In fact, I have considered addressing this issue with NLRSD. Also, the administrative staff can be very rude at times. The only good thing about Pike View is that they do have a few really good teachers.

Pike View Elementary School 5

Posted September 24, 2004
My son attended Pike View for kindergarten and I couldn't have been more happy. His teacher was wonderful and my son adored her. She was very good in letting me in on how my son was doing and what he needed extra help on. I loved the principle also. When I walked in the school, she always showed an interest in me and my son and would always be in the cafeteria eating and visiting with the kids. This is a wonderful school. It had a homey feeling to me. I had to switch schools b/c I needed a more convenient location but would recommend this school to anyone!

Pike View Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2004
Pike View is a very good school for children that are already smart!! I have never had my child in a school where attention was focused more so on QUEST children that are somewhat ahead more so than the children that need a little more teaching. The teacher student moral is very poor!! The teachers are more focused on petty things than being focused on the children's education. The principal at this school is very,unconcerned when dealing with parents concerns and issues. I at this time wouldn't recommend anybody that was planning on enrolling their children here to do so. Also in preparing the children for testing it is very poor, you don't hear about major test until the children tell you, word of mouth or you are an involved parent as myself...Pikeview has really showed me that yes predjudice still exist and money is more important than our children!!

Pike View Elementary School
441 McCain Blvd, North Little Rock, AR  72116
Last modified Pike View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pike View Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top