North Little Rock, AR

Posted October 26, 2014
Excellent school! This is my 6th year as a parent here, and each year keeps getting better and better. The administration and teachers work so well together to make this a fun and safe place for my (and all) kids. I love the new swings, the security system, science night, watch D.O.G.S., Fall Fest, book fair, and more. This school makes all of these things available for the students and parents, which I am so thankful for. It's always nice when you have time "outside the classroom" to meet and visit with the teachers and other parents. Top notch teachers here too. We have some of the best and are very lucky. PTA is great. Bottom line...very satisfied and will be very sad when my last child has their last year here!!

Posted September 02, 2014
Great school. My oldest went K - 5 and loved it! My youngest is in 3rd now and has loved every day! Awesome staff that will really push a child academically and still make it fun. Highly recommend.

Posted August 06, 2014
Crystal Hill is a great school, and my daughter has gone there her 3rd and 4th grade year. She'll be attending 5th grade there as well. My daughter is in TAG (talented and gifted) and she enjoys her school. I like the diversity. They always have different things for the students and things parents can get involved in. She's had some great teachers and the pricipal is really nice as well.

Posted July 20, 2014
Crystal Hill Elementary is a wonderful school. My child has attended CH since Pre-K. She is entering 4th grade this year. The teachers have always encouraged my daughter to be the best she can be. Her math skills are phenomenal. I can not believe how great her mental math skills are, and how she processes her mathematical thinking. Her reading skills have blossomed over the last year. Her teachers have given her the tools she needs in order to be a successful reader. I look forward to 4th grade year and so does my daughter.

Posted February 24, 2014
a wonderful place for learning. The principal is extremely helpful, as well as the office staff. My experience has been a wonderful one at Crystal Hill!

Posted February 24, 2014
a safe place for my child. They have a new security system, which is very efficient and I feel better about the safety of my school. Thanks to the principal for her leadership in getting this accomplished.

Posted November 12, 2013
We are new to the area and expected basic public school operations in the very least. We have been disappointed. It's unnerving to trust your children to such inadequate care. Security is lacking. The principle allowed a man to come into the school and pick up both of my children WITHOUT attempting to contact me!!! An enormous issue in my book. I have walked into the school (this is a new school for us so the staff do not know me), got a volunteer sticker from the front office and walk down the hallway to the lunchroom without the office staff even speaking to me. Not a single "hello, who are you or why are you here?" They make the room mom purchase a present for both a teacher and a counselor for EVERY class holiday in addition to the party. The PTO is disorganized. The recent fundraiser arrived weeks later than estimated and the boxes were sent home without a copy of the order slip. The pink slips kept by the parents are eligible so the parent is left not knowing who to order belongs to. However, the teachers do seem genuinely interested in student success. For that reason, I rate the school with 2 stars.

Posted November 11, 2013
Parent teacher conference has yet to be rescheduled due to teacher NOT EVER answering emails. Multiple emails sent within 3 weeks. Teacher is absent several days of the month. Never know when school is in or out...teacher NEVER sends letters or notes...getting ready for school and staying outside for nothing is not my or my kindergarteners cup of tea. Emails and letters never answered , no communication unless I run in to the teacher.... NICE teachers...just irresponsible to the MAX. Long grey haired office lady- definitely pompous but does her job. Short hair blonde office lady very helpful as well. Librarian and library activities AWESOME!

Posted October 30, 2013
We Love this school- organized, great learning environment. Children are thriving. Love the communications room

Posted October 02, 2013
Not really impressed with where the school is academically in the "Common Core" work. We transferred from a north arkansas school district down to this one. After research of the local schools I felt like CHEMS would be the best fit for my child...and boy was I wrong!! I love the staff there...the teachers are nice...but the school curriculum itself is far behind!! It is the ending of the first nine weeks and in kindergarten they are still on letter recognition and learning how to write their name and letters!! Were we transferred from they were way more advanced on the "Common Core" than that. ( I thought your child is supposed to know those things already upon entering into kindergarten) I am a parent that actively volunteers at my child's school and is also very active in my child's learning experience!! So I will definitely be looking to transfer to another public school in the district were they are learning more/doing more...or even possibly a charter or private school cause this school is NOT meeting my expectations AT ALL!!

Crystal Hill Elementary School
5001 North Shore Dr, North Little Rock, AR  72118
Last modified Crystal Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Crystal Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top