Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted November 16, 2015
Some of the teachers are great. A few are not. It is important to show interest in whether the children complete their work and to communicate effectively with the parents.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted November 16, 2015
I have seen no evidence of this school making any attempt to connect with my child and identify what motivates my child in an effort to help develop a sense of value which would be invaluable in the development of persistence and determination.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted November 16, 2015
Respect is often developed by modeling the behavior. While most of the staff seem respectful, some are not.

Posted November 16, 2015
The school environment teaches the children that no matter what they do to stand up against a bully, they will not win. Instead of investigating thoroughly into why my child was becoming upset during class and then correcting the problem, (which is the emotional and verbal abuse of a teacher who currently works there) the staff chose to label my child. More than one parent has expressed concern about this particular teacher's disciplinary methods of hitting her students' desks with a ruler and leaning over to threaten them to behave. This same teacher was doing this same behavior when my 18 year old son's friend had her as a teacher. Despite complaints by various parents, she is still there. This teaches the children that bullying is okay, as long as the bully is an adult. The principal at Cato Elementary has been made aware of this problem, but she patronizes the parents, saying she will look into it and then does nothing. Just the other day, she told me that she had met my husband for the first time, when she has had at least 4 face-to-face conversations with him, regarding various issues with the above referenced teacher. In order to effectively handle a situation, it is first important to remember it, and then to follow through with what one says they will do.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 17, 2015
They let bulling go on and no discipline action takes place. Or things gets lost ex. Pictures

Posted September 17, 2015
To much bulling. My daughter got jumpon the playground by a boy came home with knot and bruises on her body reported it to the principal she took pics and then the pics got lost when ask about them. The police was not informed about this. No report no nothing. The teachersare great but other then that it's not great

Cato Elementary School 1

Posted January 17, 2014
This is in reference to the last post, I don't know where the word "spearhead" came from, I'm assuming spellcheck somehow.

Posted January 24, 2013
After walking into the office I can't believe that anyone could walk out with a positive attitude. The woman in the office is very unfriendly and acted like I was putting her out when I asked for information about my child's schedule. The feeling I get when I walk around the school is they don't want parents around. A teacher actually looked at me and said, what are you doing, I was walking my daughter to her class. I read reviews where parents/grandparents could volunteer and when I asked about volunteering I was told that there was nothing for me to do at the school. I am not impressed with the school at all.

Cato Elementary School 5

Posted December 15, 2012
I love cat o I have three kids going to school so three out of five kids in together they help,each other with schol projects the eat breakfast together at the school the teachers r nice they let me know when or if my kids r bad . And they let me know when my kids don't trun in homework I love this school

Cato Elementary School 4

Posted July 26, 2011
I believe Mrs. Sheppard to be, one of the most caring, honest women I've meet in along time. Thank you Cato School for your Pre-K threw forth grade. All of you gracious folks once again, have had and have the pleasure to have meet, and going to meet in the furture.

9906 Cato Rd, North Little Rock, AR  72120
Last modified Cato Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cato Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top