Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My granddaughter attends school at Cato and I couldn't ask for a better environment for her. Everyone there is extremely friendly and helpful. The teachers and staff are wonderful and are genuinely concerned for every student, not just a select few. Their PTA is very involved and help keep the school running smoothly. Good job Cato! Give yourselves a great big pat on the back!!

This school really works hard to insure that each child is treated the same. The staff goes out of their way to help the students and parents. The principal works hard for her students and parents. Teachers are working hard to help each child learn and achieve success.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some of the teachers are great. A few are not. It is important to show interest in whether the children complete their work and to communicate effectively with the parents.

The school environment teaches the children that no matter what they do to stand up against a bully, they will not win. Instead of investigating thoroughly into why my child was becoming upset during class and then correcting the problem, (which is the emotional and verbal abuse of a teacher who currently works there) the staff chose to label my child. More than one parent has expressed concern about this particular teacher's disciplinary methods of hitting her students' desks with a ruler and leaning over to threaten them to behave. This same teacher was doing this same behavior when my 18 year old son's friend had her as a teacher. Despite complaints by various parents, she is still there. This teaches the children that bullying is okay, as long as the bully is an adult. The principal at Cato Elementary has been made aware of this problem, but she patronizes the parents, saying she will look into it and then does nothing. Just the other day, she told me that she had met my husband for the first time, when she has had at least 4 face-to-face conversations with him, regarding various issues with the above referenced teacher. In order to effectively handle a situation, it is first important to remember it, and then to follow through with what one says they will do.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

They let bulling go on and no discipline action takes place. Or things gets lost ex. Pictures

To much bulling. My daughter got jumpon the playground by a boy came home with knot and bruises on her body reported it to the principal she took pics and then the pics got lost when ask about them. The police was not informed about this. No report no nothing. The teachersare great but other then that it's not great

This is in reference to the last post, I don't know where the word "spearhead" came from, I'm assuming spellcheck somehow.

After walking into the office I can't believe that anyone could walk out with a positive attitude. The woman in the office is very unfriendly and acted like I was putting her out when I asked for information about my child's schedule. The feeling I get when I walk around the school is they don't want parents around. A teacher actually looked at me and said, what are you doing, I was walking my daughter to her class. I read reviews where parents/grandparents could volunteer and when I asked about volunteering I was told that there was nothing for me to do at the school. I am not impressed with the school at all.

I love cat o I have three kids going to school so three out of five kids in together they help,each other with schol projects the eat breakfast together at the school the teachers r nice they let me know when or if my kids r bad . And they let me know when my kids don't trun in homework I love this school

I believe Mrs. Sheppard to be, one of the most caring, honest women I've meet in along time. Thank you Cato School for your Pre-K threw forth grade. All of you gracious folks once again, have had and have the pleasure to have meet, and going to meet in the furture.

Last modified Cato Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.