North Little Rock, AR

Oak Grove Elementary School 1

Posted September 21, 2014
My child and I lived in Minnesota where she excelled. She was in the advanced classes for reading, mathematics, creative writing, and advanced problem solving in the 4th grade. In October of 2013 we moved to Little Rock were she started in Ms. Mathis' 4th grade class. The school had an unfamiliar prison camp feel. My daughter started coming home in tears telling me the teacher is mean and yells at her. She started having trouble with assignments. When i would ask her if she asked the teacher she said, "The teacher will yell at me if i ask a question." She started having "tummy aches" at bus time and emotional breakdowns at home. Her report cards came home with Ds and Fs. This was not the same child i knew. This Fall i moved her to another school. My daughter is again enjoying school and brought home her first mid term report card with ALL As!! The teacher's comment was, "<daughter's name> is doing great! I've recommended her for gifted and talented testing." This is the student i know! Oak Grove's prison camp environment as well as teacher's "scream at the students till they learn" attitudes do no promote learning. If you can avoid it... DO NOT SEND YOU CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL!!

Posted September 17, 2014
This is a great school with a updated school building and one on one teacher student environment. The rating is incorrect I would rate it and 8.

Posted August 25, 2009
great school...check it out!

Posted July 02, 2007
We are a family with kids that have attended schools nationwide including highly rated northeastern and southern schools with average standardized test scores in the upper 80% to 90%. My students earn the same GPA's and standardized test scores here as they did in the others, only here they love school and can't wait to be the first there in the mornings. A compliment we can not lavish on the privileged northeast schools we attended where they hated going to school. We highly recommend Oak Grove Elementary for its outstanding teachers, its staff, its students and its principal. Together we contribute to our entire community. Keep up the great work!

Oak Grove Elementary School
5703 Oak Grove Rd, North Little Rock, AR  72118
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top