North Little Rock, AR
Students enrolled: 1,053

Posted September 17, 2014
This school is no longer open. Maumelle High School is the new school they built to replace Oak Grove and it is a state of the art school. I would rate this school a 10 with all the update to date technology and brand new building.

Oak Grove High School 2

Posted March 07, 2014
The school administrator are allowed to badly label students and continue to sat the children up to fell. And they only want the smart children parents involvement. They had nothing in place to help slow learners nor do the teacher have extra time to help those children the teacher just allow those students to fall behind..

Posted February 03, 2014
Maumelle High School is an amazing school with the greatest teachers and administrators in the state! They are the only school in the district that is offering Academy Training to better prepare students for college and the workplace. To date they offer 27 college hours for students... YES 27... I would like for you to find another school that can compare!

Posted February 03, 2014
For anyone looking at these ratings, please be aware that the vast majority of the reviews you are seeing are for the school that Maumelle High replaced. It is unfortunate that this profile is a carryover of the former school and not a true reflection of the current school. MHS is in only its second year under a new principal who has vision and fresh ideas. The future is bright for MHS.

Oak Grove High School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
To the public eye, Maumelle may not be the best school to some people. Currently, I am a student at Maumelle High and to me it is a great school. Sure, there may be behavior problems- all schools have them. As a student in all Pre-Ap classes, I see very few. The problem to me is some of the teachers. Don't get me wrong, most teachers are GREAT and they definitely love their job. There are a couple, however, that couldn't care less... mostly in the math department. Coach Beaver was a great teacher... the rest aren't so great. I love all of my classes besides math, and while math used to be my best subject, it's now my worst. I find that the resources we receive help very much, though, so I still remain with straight A's. The students that care at our school are some of the best you'll see... it's the ones that don't care that give us a bad rating. So if all else fails, take Pre-Ap classes!

Posted August 08, 2013
Maumelle High School from a structural stand point is a very nice building but that is about the only positive comment I can make. There are definitely some fine teachers but the poor behavior seen in the classrooms is so disruptive to the learning process. I know because I subbed here and at the middle school. Unfortunately, the rotten apples ( of which there are many) are allowed to ruin it for the kids who actually want to learn. The academic standards are below what you seen in many other states( I have lived in at least 5 other). This is due to the fact that they lower the standards to accommodate the under performing students which constitute about 50% of the school population. Not sure how this can be remedied except perhaps limiting school access to those students who could care less about being there.

Posted July 18, 2013
This school is AWFUL! I have 2 children who have attended this school since they opened. The first year, I hoped the problems we were experiencing to be just "kinks" due to the school just opening. Unfortunately, time proved that not to be the case. Overall, this school has just gone further downhill. The administration seems to be very preoccupied at covering their tails. Hiding their mistakes and minimizing the violence that takes place daily in this school seem to be all they can handle. Many good teachers who were actually engaged and invested in the students were let go in lieu of faculty that is willing to turn a blind eye to gross negligence and shady practices regarding test scores. On any given day, they cannot even account for a students presence. It would take 12 times the allotted space for me to address all of the problems this school has. I'm sure there are a few in the administration that are wonderful. Too bad they are overwhelmed by those who could not care less. Have your student take random videos of their time in this school. You will be shocked at the utter chaos and level of discord in this "learning establishment".

Posted April 11, 2011
so , my student was accused of ''sagging'' . the security gaurd Clevland , the darker one is always picking on him . my son doesn't sag , this makes no sense cleveland took my son's phone once before , every since then it's been tragic . this makes no sense , this school principle doesn't follow school rules !!!! worst school ever

Posted January 02, 2011
I am a graduate of OGHS and now a teacher. I am sad to see Oak Grove close. I know Maumelle High School will be a state of the art school, but it will never have the spirit and pride of Oak Grove. I believe the faculty and staff at OGHS truly care about the students and have done fabulous job. Although my children will never get the opportunity to attend OGHS, I would send them without a second thought.

Oak Grove High School 4

Posted December 01, 2010
i love it! i attend now and its my second home, Oak Grove is what you make it. If you want to learn and get the most out of it you will. I will be part of the last class to graduate from Oak Grove this year (2011) and i can speak for most of us that we are sad to see the school go. I love it here and cant imagine going anywhere else. Yeah the school has some problems but what school doesn't. OGHS has taught me so much more than knowledge and im proud to be a part of the last graduating class of Oak Grove High School :)

Oak Grove High School