9-12 & Ungraded
Osceola, AR

Posted May 01, 2010
This school is horrible. And the fault isn't with the teachers. The principle is firing teachers, blaming them, but in all actuality, it's the student's fault. The disiplne seems acurate, and you would think it would work, but most of the students could care less. I'm a student, and I can never concentrate or learn because the teachers never get to teach. They're too busy yelling at the kids, and getting the coaches. This school is in saaad shape.

Osceola High School 0

Posted February 15, 2008
I went to the Osceola School District until the beginning of my 11th grade year and the school that I am at now is way harder than Osceola's school was. It's like the students didn t care about their education and it's sad to say but I think there will be less students to graduate and more students to drop out in the upcoming years.. And it's not the teachers fault because they are doing their parts. Before I left Osceola, they were just beginning to build a new lobby and it's needed done since the 05-06 school year. When it would rain the floors would be flooded with water and there would be buckets (that they would place under the leaks like that would help) running over with water. It was so disgusting. These are unnecessary things that could be easily taken care of that are bringing the school down.

Posted August 10, 2007

Osceola High School 4

Posted March 29, 2006

Osceola High School 0

Posted February 28, 2006
I'm new at this school. But i do want to say one thing. Everyone complains about their school. I honestly thing that the staff is trying their hardest to do what they can, but the students do not want to cooperate. If you had your kid transfered you will then complain that it is too hard. I am happy where im at. Although the kids here are very dramatic i still think it's a good school to attend to. The sports is a good thing. but your right just because you play sports and your popular doesn't mean you should get passed on. Everyone should get treated equally.

Osceola High School 1

Posted January 09, 2006
I think my child would do much better if I schooled her at home. It is like a zoo there. There is no control over the students. The students need more guidance. When dropping my daughter off for school, teens of opposite sex will be wrapped all over each other hugging and kissing. Yes, sports is a major concern for this school. It is sad that our whole school system is like this. Each school is basically the same but new teachers and a different location but basically all the same problems. It doesn't appear that it will be getting better in the near future. What a shame for the children's education!

Osceola High School 3

Posted December 28, 2005
- a former student

Osceola High School 1

Posted November 19, 2005
- a former student
I am a former student of this school. I moved away when I had my first child because I refused to send them to Osceola. The students who play sports are just passed along through school if they do well or not. The students who graduate are not prepared for college or anything else. The only thing for college they are prepared for is playing sports in college. I love the team, but the way they treat these players is sad. They are not doing them any good by just passing them along through school so they can play football. This school needs someone to step in and change this school. Not just the sports, but everything about this school. I don't feel this school is very socially concerned. The teenage pregnancy rate is high. There should be classes to teach about pregnancy and also drugs.

Osceola High School 5

Posted November 17, 2004
This is a really good school. My daughter graudauted lasy year adn she did very well academically. It helped her prepare very well for college and the teachers, staff, and principals are very encouraging. If you are looking for success and equality this is a great school. Go Seminoles!

Posted October 30, 2004
I am sad to say that OHS is one of the worst schools academically. Less focus should be placed on sports and more on creating students that become productive members of society. If your child is not gifted in physical activities, such as football, there is little chance of him/her succeeding at this school. The funding is obviosly there with the addition of a new gym facility and metal detectors. Why is more money not put into updated books, math and science facilities, or tutors for failing students? Over 80% of students leaving this school are unprepared for the next level and return to work in factories or farms close to home.

Osceola High School
2800 West Semmes, Osceola, AR  72370
Last modified Osceola High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Osceola High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top