Pea Ridge Intermediate School

Public | 3-5

Posted September 3, 2012

My son really enjoyed kindergarten and 1st grade, but when he started school this year, his whole attitude about school changed within the first 2 weeks of school. His excitement turned to crying every morning and telling me he didn't want to go. He tells me he's scared of his teacher and that she screams all the time at the kids. A friend of mine had a child in this teacher's class last year and he had told her that she duct taped him to the chair as punishment for misbehaving. Everyday my son brings home about 2 hrs worth of homework a night. Maybe this is common at other schools, but I think this is a bit much for a 2nd grader. I've already had one meeting with the principal and I'm scheduling a second one as soon as possible to discuss having him transferred out of his current class. Obviously I can't mention the teachers name, but if I could, I certainly would. I'm basing my ratings off this years experience.

Posted March 23, 2010

My son is a kindergartener at Pea Ridge Primary. The staff are wonderful and really work with my child who is advanced for his age. He is allowed to go to higher grades for reading time so he's able to continue his advancement with reading. He is also allowed to tutor his peers and read to his classmates.

Posted September 16, 2009

My son is in 1st grade at Pea Ridge Elementary. The staff is great and my son loves going to school there.

Posted December 17, 2007

Excellent school. A smaller school where the kids have a chance to shine. Great teachers and administration.

Posted April 18, 2007

We moved to Arkansas last year and started my son in Fayetteville schools. We moved to Pea Ridge in February and my son started at Pea RIdge Elementary in March. I was concerned at first because the first week I received reports that my son was not behaving very well, which worried me. He was doing well in the old school and I had good reports mostly every week. Then, when I met with his teacher at parent-teacher conferences last month, she said he was doing great. Once in a while he doesn't have a 'great day' but I don't know when we all have a great day every day. So, I am happy. He seems to like the school and his teacher. So, I cannot complain. His teacher is Mrs. Hussain.

Posted January 4, 2007

My daughter has been going to Pea Ridge since Kindergarton. everything went downhil from there. My daughter is ending her 3rd grade year this year and I am starting to homeschool her. We have had so many problems with the Pea Ridge school that I was ready to pull my hair out. If you're considering moving to Pea Ridge for the school; I cannot express enough to please check around for another school. My daughters self esteem and confidence level have dropped tremendously. In fact she is being treated for an ulcer right now.

Posted July 10, 2006

My husband and I were very worried that our son would not do well in kindergarten because of his short attention span. He had Mrs. Hill this past year and on the first day came home and was spelling and writing his name. I tried until the last day and he never would do it. He did so well throughout the year and its because he had a wonderful teacher. He actually cried at the graduation because he thought that he would never see her again. I wish that he could have her again but we still have one more to get into school and I hope that she is still teaching.

Posted August 29, 2005

We moved to the Pea Ridge area one year ago and have been extremely pleased with the elementary school. Before moving to Pea Ridge, our daughter had attended a private elementary school. Importantly, her third grade teacher at Pea Ridge was even more exceptional than her previous teachers. Her reading level has increased significantly as has her writing. The extracurricular activities available to elementary students are outstanding.

Posted January 26, 2004

This is a small school but it is a well diversified school and provides lots of materials to the students. The library could use lots of more materials and computers. The teachers are well educated and there could be more parent involvement, but overall this is a great school with lots of potential.

Posted January 21, 2004

This is a small school. Our children enjoy attending here, because of the size. If I could change it, there would not be much I would change. I do wish we could add to it. Such as improve the library, more computers available the the children, more play ground equipment, and learning materials for the teachers.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

142 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 49%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1536 North Davis