Bad
Good

My son really enjoyed kindergarten and 1st grade, but when he started school this year, his whole attitude about school changed within the first 2 weeks of school. His excitement turned to crying every morning and telling me he didn't want to go. He tells me he's scared of his teacher and that she screams all the time at the kids. A friend of mine had a child in this teacher's class last year and he had told her that she duct taped him to the chair as punishment for misbehaving. Everyday my son brings home about 2 hrs worth of homework a night. Maybe this is common at other schools, but I think this is a bit much for a 2nd grader. I've already had one meeting with the principal and I'm scheduling a second one as soon as possible to discuss having him transferred out of his current class. Obviously I can't mention the teachers name, but if I could, I certainly would. I'm basing my ratings off this years experience.

My son is a kindergartener at Pea Ridge Primary. The staff are wonderful and really work with my child who is advanced for his age. He is allowed to go to higher grades for reading time so he's able to continue his advancement with reading. He is also allowed to tutor his peers and read to his classmates.

My son is in 1st grade at Pea Ridge Elementary. The staff is great and my son loves going to school there.

Excellent school. A smaller school where the kids have a chance to shine. Great teachers and administration.

We moved to Arkansas last year and started my son in Fayetteville schools. We moved to Pea Ridge in February and my son started at Pea RIdge Elementary in March. I was concerned at first because the first week I received reports that my son was not behaving very well, which worried me. He was doing well in the old school and I had good reports mostly every week. Then, when I met with his teacher at parent-teacher conferences last month, she said he was doing great. Once in a while he doesn't have a 'great day' but I don't know when we all have a great day every day. So, I am happy. He seems to like the school and his teacher. So, I cannot complain. His teacher is Mrs. Hussain.

My daughter has been going to Pea Ridge since Kindergarton. everything went downhil from there. My daughter is ending her 3rd grade year this year and I am starting to homeschool her. We have had so many problems with the Pea Ridge school that I was ready to pull my hair out. If you're considering moving to Pea Ridge for the school; I cannot express enough to please check around for another school. My daughters self esteem and confidence level have dropped tremendously. In fact she is being treated for an ulcer right now.

Last modified Pea Ridge Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.