Pearcy, AR

Lake Hamilton Jr. High School 2

Posted February 14, 2015
As a former student of LHJH, I have to say that being here certainly lead to some serious depression. The main issue here is BULLYING. Don't let the Anti-Bullying Team gimmick fool you; when it was introduced, it was filled to the brink with bullies. When I was there, the president of said club was a bully himself. LHJH also has many LGBTQA+ prejudices they need to sort out. They have: 1. Kicked a boy out of the dance for wearing a dress. 2. Got on to two boys for merely wearing high heels. 3. Had a teacher teaching children that transgender people are wrong and sick. 4. Let's not exclude the homophobic jokes cracked by teachers themselves. There is a character limit for reviews, so I can't be explicit and cover all the issues this school has, but I said what really needs to be addressed. The 'kids will be mean' excuse doesn't cut it anymore. Power to the people.

Posted July 14, 2012
Lake Hamilton is the best school I've ever been to and I've been to a couple "high ranked" schools. It may be a big school but it still keeps in with old school values and traditions while adding in new ones that usually come from the students' ideas. The staff listens very well to the students and the classes are usually always buzzing. I love all of my classes even when all of the students don't get along all the time it's still a very wonderful atmosphere to be in. The teachers make the lessons interesting and teachers make it interesting for us and it makes us want to know more. I really love being in this school. It's one of those schools that make you want summer to go by just a little bit faster so school will be here. The environment with my other classmates isn't like any other school I've been at and with the many students as there are in Lake Hamilton you would think we'd fight alot but there's very little fighting or arguments. One of our "motto"s is working together doing things hand in hand and it's pretty close to that because we get along so well. I love Lake Hamilton even though I haven't been there long.

Posted January 15, 2008
No school is perfect, but Lake Hamilton Jr. High is still worth a 5 Star rating. As a student, I am at the school a lot. For the most part, the students are great people to be around, and I have many friends at the school. The teachers are just great. They will let you know when you are doing a good job, and will help you with things you may be struggling with. The school also is up to date in technology. The library, a.k.a., the media center, has many computers for research and class lessons. Another example is that my Math teacher uses speakers to amplify her voice, so that students can hear and understand lessons better. The school has several clubs that students can join, including FBLA, FCCLA, Career Orientation Club, FCA, and Book Club. Overall, it's a great school, and totally reccomend it!

Lake Hamilton Jr. High School 0

Posted January 03, 2008
This is a good school. For the most part the students get along and seem to like their teachers. My daughter absolutely loves it at Lake Hamilton Jr. High having come from a school that was twice as large as LHJH. Academically, some of the teachers I've dealt with seem to truly care about 'the student' and their success. Most of the students have welcome my daughter with open hearts and we appreciate it immensely.

Posted November 19, 2007
I rate my school a 5 because of its staff and students. This school is a great school! We have many offers for students and the staff helps in so many ways! Thank you!

Lake Hamilton Jr. High School 4

Posted December 23, 2005

Posted February 01, 2005

Lake Hamilton Jr. High School
281 Wolf St, Pearcy, AR  71964
Last modified Lake Hamilton Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Hamilton Jr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top