Posted August 01, 2013
my daughter will be going to the 8th grade at watson chapel junior high, she came from a private school before she came to the school and we found out she was getting behind at the private school, we are so happy to have her at this school, she is in the top twenty of her class and we love the principal of the school, i think this is the best school in the state, the principal and all the staff seems to care about the students and they really listen to the parents!!

Watson Chapel Jr. High School 0

Posted April 30, 2010
As for parent involvement...... parents are highly encouraged to be involved. Every year, at p/t converences, we ask for parent involvement and volunteers: Please join our PTO. We get about 4 volunteers. This is terrible! I find it hard to believe that any of those parents complaining have even tried to get involved. If you really want to, PLEASE contact our school office. We can get you involved immediately!

Watson Chapel Jr. High School 0

Posted March 20, 2010
iThink The Uniforn Policy Sucks! What you Wear Has Nothing To Do With Learning! The Rules Are A Little To Strict.Some Of The Teachers Dont Actually Teach You Anything, They Just Give You points On What You Completed, Not Checking For Correct Answers Or Bothering To help! But For The Most Part, Thw School iS Pretty Good1

Posted August 03, 2009
I think the uniform is a bad idea the children walk around following different rules.They should have some freedom.Back then when I was in school we did not wear uniform you wore what you had and thats what you wore.I think for higher test scores teachers should spend more time teaching and explaining the lesson instead of stacks of work to do to keep them working while they sit around at their desk.

Watson Chapel Jr. High School 4

Posted April 10, 2007
I think the uniform policy is a good idea. But, I think they should ease up a little.

Posted December 02, 2006

Watson Chapel Jr. High School 2

Posted December 02, 2006

Posted October 06, 2006
My children started in this school district four years ago. We have only encountered problems with the dress code as of this year. The school has a great academic program but with so much focus on the dress code I do not believe that they are getting as good of an education as they received in the passed school years. Is not learning what school is all about? I think that once teachers and principals figure out where the priorities are the school will be much improved and student morale will increase.

Posted September 30, 2006
As a former graduate of Watson Chapel and now a parent of a WC student, I believe that the school is doing an excellent job in providing our children with a quality education. About 95% of the time, the parents that are complaining are not involved at Watson Chapel in a positive way. Have they volunteered to help at school, are they members of the PTA Organization, Are they involved with the activities outside of academic: like sporting events, plays put on by the drama department... these are just a few things... If they were involved, they would notice that there are reasons that rules are being reinforced. There are dress code rules for almost every job in America! It seems to me and the majority of the decent people at Chapel, that the majority of the 'complainers' at Chapel are those people that need to get a grip on reality!

Posted September 27, 2006
I graduated from Watson Chapel and wore uniforms. The rules weren't as strict then...but they should have been. Wearing uniforms didn't restrict my ability to do my work, concentrate in class, or fit in with my classmates. If anything, it helped. I am an employee at WC and can honestly tell you that this year has been a dream compared to the past three that I've been here. After the first week, the uniform battles have been down to almost nothing. The students seem to be more relaxed with each other and we can clearly distinguish High School from Junior High students. The teachers work extremely hard for YOUR students and don't deserve the backlashing they are receiving from parents who won't work with us. We strongly encourage parents to come talk with us. Let's work together so that your children can have an even BETTER experience at our school.

Watson Chapel Jr. High School
3900 Camden Rd, Pine Bluff, AR  71603
Last modified Watson Chapel Jr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watson Chapel Jr. High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top