Bad
Good

The worst school I have ever encountered. This will be my child's last year attending. My child is constantly being harassed and the teachers turn a blind eye and do absolutely nothing to stop it. This has greatly affected my child's learning. If I can't trust the administration to properly nurture and educate my child what is the point of continuing to attend this school? Also this school is too small. I noticed my child misses out on opportunities other kids have at larger schools/districts. This school is an all-around major disappointment.

Teachers secretly allow students to bully other students for their own enjoyment. Teachers openly witness kids being bullied and abused and do not take action. Teachers secretly do not care about the students safety or well-being. Teachers exude inner jealousy of students and treat them unfairly compared to other students for example allowing the student to endure unneccesary bullying. School still allows an archaic barbaric practice of Corporal Punishment. It is the parents reponsibility to discipline not the school.

Portland has been a wonderful school for my child. She has excelled past her grade levels in reading. The school seems to recognize when a child is excelling and places them in advanced curriculum. Every teacher she has had has been attentive and student focused. My child has loved each one. The school puts lots of effort into educating the parents on what's going on with their child. I get multiple calls per week telling me what's going on at the school and how I can be involved. Really, I can't imagine a better experience with my child's school.

Reach out to parents- No Talk to parents regularly about their children's progress.-No Give students the attention they need to thrive in class-No Treats parents like partners, not outsiders-No Make efforts to improve the quality of the school.-No

Last modified Portland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.