Posted June 20, 2013
If academics ever did take a backseat to sports, it is no longer the case. The high school has become a force to be reckoned with academically. The AP programs is English, math, science, and social studies have grown with the AIMS initiative in recent years. More students are enrolling in the AP program, and more are succeeding on the AP exams. There has been a considerable shift towards a culture of learning. Rigorous instruction in composition by college board certified instructors and a newly formed 4-year engineering program, complete with dedicated teachers and state-of-the-art equipment are a couple indications of the growth of this school. PGHS is also academically ranked 16 in the state of Arkansas. Couple these factors with a student body who is learning to value community and achievement, teachers concerned with character as well as academics, a supportive administration intent on growing in leadership and effectiveness, a band and FFA program competitive on the state level, and, yes, a top-notch sports program, and you have a school, not a perfect one, mind you, but a quality one, where a student will find a positive and fulfilling academic and social experience.

Prairie Grove High School 0

Posted October 09, 2010
Because I drove the bus for them and its a great school.

Posted March 01, 2010
I graduated from Prairie Grove High School last year, as part of the Class of 2009. The Prairie Grove High School is a school that has a strong tradition in the sports area, with our football team making the playoff for 14 years and counting. And currently, the girls basketball team is the runnings to play in the State title game. So, if your child has an interest in sports, this school is a good match. If your student is interested in music, this school has very well recognized marching band program led by two wonderful band directors. The high school band program marches about 60, and expects to march around 90 next year. They sound Awesome. If your child likes agriculture, then our schools FFA program is the best. They regularly win competitions across NWA. The Teachers, with a few exceptions are really cool, as is the new Administration.

Posted May 04, 2009

Prairie Grove High School 0

Posted May 28, 2008
I think the Prairie Grove school system is great. It is a small town school where the kids are very friendly and accepting. The students have great respect for the teachers and the teachers genuinly care for the students.

Posted July 09, 2007

Prairie Grove High School 1

Posted May 07, 2007

Posted March 12, 2007
PG to me is a great school, but it does have its bad things. The teachers for the most part are good, but with the good ones there have to we the few bad ones. Right now I am a Junior. I can tell you that the teachers are not the one that lack interest in the classes, but mostly the students. There are a lot of student that do care about the school and learning and then there are the ones that don't. There are teachers that try to be as fair as possible and the students take advantage of that.

Prairie Grove High School 2

Posted November 06, 2006
I have 2 children attending PGHS. Sadly, we have our share of teachers who forgot why they wanted to teach but we are blessed with a few who are amazing. If you are lucky your child will have interaction with some of the wonderful people at Prairie Grove High School such as Debby Matney, Patrick Matney, Karen Holmes, Mandy Hunt, Melissa Parrish, and Carlos Reyes just to name a few. I haven t seen our Principal Mr. Bond much this year. Getting past Mr. Laird is very difficult.

Posted September 01, 2006
I am currently a sophomore at PGHS and FFA think this school is great. I have excellent teachers who love to get involved with the students and help them succeed. We have a great academics, band, athletics, and one of the best FFA programs ever! I made the transition from west fork to prairie grove and I couldn't be happier. So I have to disagree with all the negative comments because you never know how great the school is until you attend it.

Prairie Grove High School
500 Cole, Prairie Grove, AR  72753
Last modified Prairie Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prairie Grove High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.