Public charter
Rogers, AR

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 14, 2015
I think kids need homework. They need to practice what they learned so they can get better at it. I think an hour of homework a night is not excessive, not that my child ever had that much.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
Again, from the teachers, yes. Teachers pushed the kids to work very hard, they expected the kids to push themselves as well.

Develops respect: Agree

Posted July 14, 2015
The middle school teachers had great respect for their students and parents. In return, the students and parents had respect for them. Hate to sound repetative, but the new principal doesn't seem to respect anyone.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 14, 2015
Kids learn by example, the principal of the elementary and middle school, and the superintendent are not the examples I want my child to follow. The middle teachers from the past few years were great with the kids, but several of them are no longer at the school.

Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle 2

Posted July 14, 2015
My child has been there for a couple of years. Our experience started off just fine. The middle school teachers were very attentive and caring. But the Principal, Superintendent and School Board were a little shakey. Not that they were bad, they just didn't seem to work well together. For the 2014 school year, they got a new Principal and a new Superintendent. I really loved how involved and supportive they both were. But they hired another woman (and I'm not sure what her job was) that just seemed to cause all kinds of problems. The principal ended up leaving and this other woman took over. She is argumentative, confrontational, condisending and not very nice. I have also heard from other parents that if you post stuff on social media that the superintendent doesn't like, she will call you about it. It has become too much for us, and many other parents (and staff). We're moving on. If you chose to go here, be VERY involved so that you know what's going on.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 14, 2015
The middle school teachers were amazing. I say "were" because the interim principal got rid of some of the most effective teachers they had. She was confrontational, condisending and just an overall mean person, so they hired as the new principal for the 2015 school year. Just more proof that the new superintendent and school board has no clue of what they are doing.

Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle 3

Posted February 05, 2015
What about the autism class? Are they good? I was wondering if they learn much and have ABA learning with skilled teachers to teach them in their own special way of learning. It's interesting to see how well they can do since apart of them is highly intelligent. There are some that really have potential like anybody else. Can't there be some pictures or something on Facebook or some site where I could please get an idea or did we forget them. Parents like me would be interested. Thank you:)))

Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle 5

Posted July 24, 2013
My son LOVES this school!! We are so incredibly happy with all the teachers he has had so far!!

Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle 2

Posted March 20, 2013
Let me start by saying I have my second child attending BCSA currently. The school has changed significantly since my first child started. It has been in overall steady decline the entire time. Our first "incident" was 4 years in with my son. The teacher left a room full of 5th graders alone to go to the office. While she was gone, a particularly child my son had been having issues with took his homework and tore it up and threw the papers all over the floor. My son ended up in trouble and had to redo the assignment. The teacher told several lies while vetting that incident and the principle (now superintendant) refused to address that issue. Several other minor issues have become increasing frequent. Now my daughter has been the target of bullying, but the group of girls constantly harassing her each reported her for bullying. The principle's logic? If three girls all report an incident, it must be true. Young girls would never conspire like that. I have seen the texts from these little darlings myself. The principle didn't care to. I'd rather have my daughter a faceless child in a crowd than a target amongst a few. She'll take her high scores back to public school.

Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle 1

Posted January 22, 2013
I am a very involved parent at BCSA and feel like I know what is and is NOT going on. If you will look at the 2012 test scores, BCSA has some of the highest in the state. The teachers there are some of the best I have encountered, and do a great job with parents and students. The administration is the strongest since the beginning of this charter. There is now a principal in place, as well as a superintendent. The principal comes from Springdale public schools, so has been very involved in education for over 20 years. The disgruntle parents need to get their facts in order before posting such negative reviews!

2005 South 12th St, Rogers, AR  72758
Last modified Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Benton County School of Arts/Elementary/Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top