Bad
Good

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted January 06, 2016
The first day my child started as a transfer in October she was made to feel like a burden. The vice principal was rude to her when she was shy. The teacher was rude when I met her. My child made complaints of strange behavior and rude remarks toward the children. My child was bullied daily by the teacher and students. My child was singled out to not participate in a Christmas party because she hadn't been there long enough to meet the teachers requirements for reading points. The teacher made her cut a strap off her boot, ruining them, so she wasnt noisy in class. I transferred her out after Christmas break due to the unfriendly and outrageous rude behavior of the teachers, staff, and children at this school! Her first day back at her old school everyone was excited to have her back, gave her plenty of hugs and love. She refers to Eastside as the "bully school."

Posted December 03, 2015
We have been at Eastside Elementary for two years now. They have a year round calendar, which we absolutely love! Having a shorter summer keeps the kids from forgetting so much over the summer. Also, having more frequent breaks throughout the course of the year makes it easier and cheaper for family vacations. The principal runs a very tight ship. She is the first car there just about every morning and she is the last one to leave on most days. This is the first school we have attended where I feel like the teachers are there for the children and not for the pay check. It is a very disciplined and structured school, which is fabulous. The school is in a lower income part of town. However, due to this, the school is a Title 1 school. This is not a bad thing. The students who need the extra financial assistance get items for free (for example daily planners) and even the students who don’t get them free as well. It is a nice break for the families who are “middle class” and don’t qualify for the free and reduced lunch, but still struggle sometimes. I give this school high remarks and would recommend it to anyone. I hope you found this helpful.

Posted May 16, 2011
Our family relocated to the area from Australia recently and were assigned to Eastside. I have been extremely happy with the school as a whole. Great teachers, friendly students, and lovely staff made the transition from "down under" a really easy one for my two sons. I disagree with the previous reviewer who feels that students of Hispanic origin are favoured or that the cirriculum has been dulled down to accomodate ESL students. All the students I have met have high academic and personal standards that are fostered by the school community as a whole. A lovely environment!

Posted June 03, 2010
In Rogers, the district motto is "All belong, All learn and All succeed". Eastside exemplifies this motto daily. Because of the expectations of the teachers and administration at Eastside my children have become successful in their every dream. Our oldest son will be graduating with honors and a 4.0 from college because of the inspiration that the teachers helped to instill in our son. He is a very bright young man but was expected to demonstrate a work ethic in class that would help him reach his potential not just the grade level expectation. Our youngest son was diagnosed with Cancer in first grade and had a very long recovery. Because of the caring and loving environment at Eastside, he is now a confident high school student on the college tract. The school supported his emotional and academic needs in a developmentally appropriate way for a child recovering from cancer.

Posted May 04, 2008
Administration: There is no doubt that hispanics are favored here. But, you cannot blame the individual school for the pressure due to the influx of aleins, legal or not. Certainly, improvements can be made here. Principal: Great effort to keep the school strong and deal with what she is dealt. Regardless of the enrollment statistics. Teachers: I have not ever seen a more dedicated group. Who's only objective is the betterment of each and every student. I visit the school often and talk to my kids about school regularly. Due in part to the teachers involvement. Teachers: 5 stars all the way.

Posted September 13, 2006
My children started school here this year, they love it and are always bringing home their daily work to show what they have learned. My husband is in the army and the teachers have been very understanding about different changes with my children since my husband was sent off. My son's teacher even offered to find out about military counseling for my children and myself. I think this is a great school!!!

Posted April 27, 2005
This school has excellent teachers who all care about your students! Most of the kids in this school enjoy every day of learning!

Eastside Elementary School 2

Posted November 01, 2004
Dont send your kids here. If you know something is wrong and voice your opion about it at a meerting they tell you anything to shut up about it.

Eastside Elementary School 1

Posted May 26, 2003
This school discriminates against anyone who is not of hispanic origin.They have dropped their education standards to conform to the non-english speaking students thus leaving the English speaking students with a sub-standard education.The principal discriminates in a huge way.Please do not send your kids here you will be doing them a great dis-service.

Eastside Elementary School
505 East New Hope Rd, Rogers, AR  72756
Last modified Eastside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.