K-4 & Ungraded|Public district
484 students|Searcy School District

Bad
Good

Absolutely have loved having my oldest at McRae. This is a great school with fabulous teachers and a caring and attentive administration.

Among the 3 elementary schools in Searcy, Westside has the highest snob appeal. That's important if your child simply MUST be part of the country club set before 4th grade. Other than that, there is very little difference between the three, Our three kids were in the McRae attendance zone and none turned out scarred for life. To the contrary, each of them are young, successful professionals. All 6 Searcy schools are very good. Live where you want to live in town without fear of school quality.

New this year to this school and have been very pleased with the education my children have received. When extra help was needed it was given full attention. Both of my children love this school and all their teachers.

If you are new to this area or simply uninformed about the greatness of McRae Elementary School, please come visit and meet our Christian principal and the caring and professional teachers at our campus. Mrs. Susan Stokes

If you are moving with in Searcy or to Searcy, avoid this school! The teachers act as though they are doing you & your child a favor just by showing up to work. The principal doesn't have any control over the way teachers treat the students. In the years that my child attended this school I heard teachers make fun of students, gripe about their jobs, and sit at their computers day in and day out. I actually heard a Kindergarten teacher tell her student, "I don't want to see your face tomorrow!" The principal spends his time looking the other way and trying to brush any complaints under the rug. He allows teachers that work at his school to request certain teachers for their own children, but will not allow this from other parents. The principal's own children don't even attend Searcy public schools. They attend private school. This used to be a great school, but it's been on a downhill slide for several years now and at this point, it's a disgrace to the city of Searcy, as we generally pride ourselves on having great schools.

I do not feel my child received a quality education at this school. Many of the teachers clearly do not enjoy their jobs and look like they would rather be almost anywhere but there. There are a few good teachers at the school, but as a parent, I felt like every year we were rolling the dice on my child's education, praying he was able to get into a "good" teacher's classroom. We moved here from another district where my son attended pre-k and Kindergarten. He began attending McRae at the beginning of his first grade year. I watched him go from a child excited about school to a child who begged to stay home. It was AWFUL! I could not be more thankful that fourth grade was moved to the middle school! I can see a world of difference in his entire attitude about school, he is learning so much, and is once again happy to get up in the morning and head out for a great day at SWMS! His teacher has that wonderful balance of caring for her students and providing quality, hands on education while maintaining excellent classroom management. We NEVER had a teacher like that at McRae and I can only think of a handful at the entire school that do have that balance.

McRae is a wonderful school! The teachers really care about the students. The curriculum is great! Students are taught to their needs. The school has a diverse group of students. The faculty is very open to parental involvement from volunteering in the office to volunteering in your child's classroom. The school wants parent's involvement! The principal's door is always open and the school is willing to work with parents for the best education they can help give your children. McRae is a great school!

This school has a very poor curriculum. We recently moved here from north Texas, and the schools here are about 3 grade levels behind.

Last modified Mcrae Elementary School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.