7-8 & Ungraded
Searcy, AR

Ahlf Junior High School 1

Posted May 17, 2013
I have had issue with teachers not admitting to mistakes. I have witnessed teachers being disrespectful to students. Teachers do not respond to emails, and the principal condones it along with makes excuses for the teacher. I regret allowing my son to be in this school.

Posted October 03, 2008
After many years in private school, this is the first year in public school for my daughter. Overall, I have been pleasantly surprised at her experience at Ahlf. The teachers seem knowledgable and what it takes to 'make the grade' are made very clear. I also love that they use Edline consistently so I can stay up to date.

Ahlf Junior High School 5

Posted August 03, 2008
I am a current student at AJHS and would not want to go to school anywhere else! All of the people are so friendly! : )

Posted April 24, 2007
I have an 8th grade daughter at Ahlf Jr High and I have never been happier. She started school in Searcy (k-4th) and then transferred to Little Rock were she became a problem student(fighting and being disrespectful to others). Ahlf has taken her in and challenged her. The teachers show that they teach because they love it, not because they have to. Her grades have always made her an honor student but, Searcy pushes her towards college credits. She is being treated as if she is a family member by all and that may include discipline but that is what it sometimes takes to make the children respectable adults. I could go on with the wonderful things that this school has to offer.

Ahlf Junior High School 5

Posted March 30, 2005
My child is an 8th grader at SJHS and we have neer been happier! She feels loved and appreciated! Our teachers are wonderful and we know that the education that she is earning will keep her very prepared for high school and then college. She is being given a very strong foundation for her educational career.

Ahlf Junior High School 3

Posted February 18, 2005
So far this has been a very interesting experience for us this time around with our 2nd child. The alternative program teachers are wonderful and am quite impressed with those teachers who utilize the internet to stay in close touch with parents.Would like for other teachers to follow suit, makes it easier for some parents to stay better informed to their child's progress.

Posted July 29, 2004
I have a child who will be in the 8th grade starting in August '04. The 7th grade experience was a good one. The teachers were great and the level of parent involvement was a plus. This was our first year in the Searcy School District. My child has all advanced classes and the teachers were very helpful. We are looking forward to another great year in the Searcy School District and know what to expect when out second child starts school. The administration is by far the best I have seen at the Jr. High. Alot of student contact sets the standard for the overall dynamics of the school.

Posted March 03, 2004
I have a student who is in the 7th grade. The teachers and the administration have been nothing but helpful all through the first year of being at the school. The classes are well disciplined and the teachers encourage parent involvement. Some teachers are better at instruction than others, which is the case in any school, but overall we have been very pleased with the school.

Ahlf Junior High School 1

Posted November 24, 2003
I have an 8th grader that attends ALFH Junior High School. I have spoken to other parents who are in agreement with me, when I say I am truly puzzled at how the teachers are allowed to treat students. Whatever happened to a teacher being able to say 'no talking,' or 'stay in your seats' without jumping down students' throat. I'll even go as far as to say being a bully. I will soon be able to take my child out of the Searcy public schools. That is one day I look foward to!

Ahlf Junior High School
308 West Vine, Searcy, AR  72143
Last modified Ahlf Junior High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ahlf Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top