Sidney Deener Elementary School

Public | K-4

Posted May 4, 2012

I am a former student of Sidney Deener and I can honestly say that the teachers and other faculty there helped me become the person I am today. I am graduating as Valedictorian of my class in just a few more weeks. I sincerely thank the faculty and staff for pushing me to strive to be my best every day. I would especially like to thank Mrs. Kelly who was my 3rd grade teacher and who helped me as a teacher and a friend to get through probably one of the hardest years of my life. I will never forget her wise advice and kind words and believe that every parent who has a chance to put their child into her classroom should do so; look where I ended up!

Posted August 10, 2011

The teachers are excellent and very dedicated to the success of their students. However, the best kept district secret is how mean the special education assistants are to their students.

Posted May 31, 2011

Sidney Deener Elementary is an excellent school. Both of my children have enjoyed attending this school. They love their teachers and have attained high grades and test scores. Our new principal as of the 2010/2011 school year is well respected by the parents, teachers, and students.

Posted August 23, 2009

Sidney Deener has been great for my kids. The principal made sure my kids got help when they were not doing well. The teachers are great.

Posted August 23, 2009

I agree Sidney Deener is a great school. I have had 4 children attend, and one is still there. The teachers are excellent, and parent involvement is average. I agree the principal really lacks in people skills, and treats everybody like he is better than them and no respect at all is shown. He needs to go back to Westside. : (

Posted June 1, 2009

I love Sidney Deener it identifies so many of my childs learning disabilities!

Posted October 22, 2008

Sidney Deener has a wonderful teaching staff, which is the only reason my children attend there. The principal is lacking in people skills and treats people with little respect.

Posted November 17, 2006

I think this school is great ! I am very proud of the school. The Teacher's are very good. and I love Mrs, Kelly's Qualities of Leadership. It's a Great School.....

Posted July 25, 2006

I am very proud to say that my children attended Sidney Deener. There is a wonderful teacher/student relationship, as well as the faculty being so 'close knit'. I feel that my children have benefited greatly by being exposed to the diversity at Sidney Deener.

Posted January 2, 2006

I have 2 children that went to Deener and 1 attending currently. The teaching staff is excellent! I don't know how they do it because the leadership is very poor. The principal is more interested in competing with the other Searcy schools instead of taking care of his students and staff. And it shows. Keep up the good work teachers!

Posted May 14, 2004

Sidney Deener Elementary School in Searcy is a great school. I have two first graders attending there. They are attending Deener because of my son's disabilities. Deener is the only Elementary School within Searcy that has a self contained special education classroom, which is the only reason my kids are there. They allowed my daughter the option to attend the same shcool her brother does, which was wonderful! My daughter's teacher is the best, and she had a terrific year! The first grade special education teacher is also great! Thanks to her, my son has learned how to read, and has advanced to 'normal' reading level for a first grader! Thank you, Sidney Deener! I will enjoy enrolling my youngest child into Kindergarten as the other two move on to 2nd grade with you!

Grade level

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

Source: Arkansas Department of Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 66%N/A61%

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

163 Cloverdale Blvd