Bad
Good

I have graduated from Sheridan High one year ago. And I will say of my four years of being there were horrible. They have the "no child left behind" policy which they do not follow. There are some good teachers who are sweet and genuinely care for their students, over all most don't. The system that the principals have to follow is good, but they advantage of it. The no bullying tolerance is out of control. They do pep rallys for bullying awareness. But if you ever do encounter that situation they blow it off. In most cases if the bully is harassing you threw social media, text/calls, etc. and the bully contacts you and you say "leave me alone" the victim then gets the punishment cause they responded. The dress code is unreal and unheard of, it changes daily! And on some occasions the Principals even harass the students! And to add to it there's really no parental involvement. Unreal? Its true. Please do not let your kids attend here. I would never let mine if at all possible.

I am a freshman at Sheridan and I love it. I've been in the Sheridan School District since Kindergarten. The education that I am getting is great. The teachers are mostly great. The band program is wonderful and I would recommend this school for most people. The one thing that I do not like about it is that cliques do tend to form, but if you are a new kid, then you will have no trouble making new friends. A lot of the kids in Sheridan are very country and some can come off as rude but you just have to get to know people to really see how they are. But I do think that it is a pretty great school.

I am a former student of the Sheridan School District and both of my boys now have the great opportunity to attend this school as well. My experience with the faculty and the school in whole was a very pleasant one. Depending on the student's study habits, the curricular could be easy or challenging. I, myself, found it to be adequate, but challenging at times. The school provided classes that assisted the students for college entry as well as entry into the workforce. The extra-curricular activities were an absolute blast as well. I hope my boys enjoy their academic opportunities with this school as much as I did.

I am a graduate of Sheridan School. My 5 children now have the pleasure of attending this great school district. I have read some of the 'reviews' some people have left, and for the most, they are absolutely correct. I just read one persons 'take' on his educaton from this school district, and felt compelled to respond. The 1 out of 1000 that do not agree with the great 'down home values' that our school district demands of our children need not be there anyway. We are in a country facing great challenges, we need more people with the values that our school district demands.

My child attends SHS. The teachers are awesome. They take the time to listen and explain if she has problems with class work or home work.

I attended Sheridan Public Schools 1st-12th grades. My child now attends SHS and is having a very good experience as well. I have high expectations that he will also be very well prepared for the future. Extracurricular activities are available for all students (Sheridan and East End) and it has been my observation that these students are treated equally.

Last modified Sheridan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.