Bad
Good

Sheridan High School 1

Posted May 26, 2014
I have graduated from Sheridan High one year ago. And I will say of my four years of being there were horrible. They have the "no child left behind" policy which they do not follow. There are some good teachers who are sweet and genuinely care for their students, over all most don't. The system that the principals have to follow is good, but they advantage of it. The no bullying tolerance is out of control. They do pep rallys for bullying awareness. But if you ever do encounter that situation they blow it off. In most cases if the bully is harassing you threw social media, text/calls, etc. and the bully contacts you and you say "leave me alone" the victim then gets the punishment cause they responded. The dress code is unreal and unheard of, it changes daily! And on some occasions the Principals even harass the students! And to add to it there's really no parental involvement. Unreal? Its true. Please do not let your kids attend here. I would never let mine if at all possible.

Sheridan High School 4

Posted April 16, 2014
I am a freshman at Sheridan and I love it. I've been in the Sheridan School District since Kindergarten. The education that I am getting is great. The teachers are mostly great. The band program is wonderful and I would recommend this school for most people. The one thing that I do not like about it is that cliques do tend to form, but if you are a new kid, then you will have no trouble making new friends. A lot of the kids in Sheridan are very country and some can come off as rude but you just have to get to know people to really see how they are. But I do think that it is a pretty great school.

Posted March 23, 2011
I am a former student of the Sheridan School District and both of my boys now have the great opportunity to attend this school as well. My experience with the faculty and the school in whole was a very pleasant one. Depending on the student's study habits, the curricular could be easy or challenging. I, myself, found it to be adequate, but challenging at times. The school provided classes that assisted the students for college entry as well as entry into the workforce. The extra-curricular activities were an absolute blast as well. I hope my boys enjoy their academic opportunities with this school as much as I did.

Sheridan High School

Posted October 23, 2008
I am a graduate of Sheridan School. My 5 children now have the pleasure of attending this great school district. I have read some of the 'reviews' some people have left, and for the most, they are absolutely correct. I just read one persons 'take' on his educaton from this school district, and felt compelled to respond. The 1 out of 1000 that do not agree with the great 'down home values' that our school district demands of our children need not be there anyway. We are in a country facing great challenges, we need more people with the values that our school district demands.

Posted August 31, 2007
My child attends SHS. The teachers are awesome. They take the time to listen and explain if she has problems with class work or home work.

Posted April 05, 2007
I attended Sheridan Public Schools 1st-12th grades. My child now attends SHS and is having a very good experience as well. I have high expectations that he will also be very well prepared for the future. Extracurricular activities are available for all students (Sheridan and East End) and it has been my observation that these students are treated equally.

Posted August 23, 2006
im am an 11th grader at sheridan high school. My expeirence is a pretty good one I mean yea teachers have their moments but what person doesn't expecially when the students are obnoxious. that is beside the point i feel like i am gettin and excellent education there i rate it atleast a 4 if not better

Posted March 13, 2006
I attended Sheridan public schools from the 1st grade through the 12th and I feel that I got an excellent education. My children are both graduates of the Sheridan School system and have now received their higher education from UCA graduating with honors. At this time both have excelled in their careers and had it not been for the teachers at Sheridan, I really feel that they would not have gone on to be what they are today. As far as sports and such, we don't send our children to school for sports we send them to school to learn math, science, reading, history.

Posted May 21, 2005
I spent my entire education in the sheridan school district.. I have only praise for them.. for the most part it was wonderful.. I am who i am today because of the teachers and faculty of sheridan schools. And their respect for ones beliefs and religion and sexual preference is what makes them top notch. They do not care what your background is they still provide a great education. I know that my parents were glad that i went to school there.. The rotc and band program taught me descipline,self respect, motivation. It is a wonderful school.

Sheridan High School 1

Posted March 21, 2005
As an attendee of Sheridan School for my entire scholastic career, I have nothing but bad things to say. Their education level has put me below the standard in comparison to others my age, making it harder for me to get a job. The lack of diverse extracurricular activities made it hard for me to feel that I fit in. As a rule, my parents were only contacted when I did something inappropriate. The only other opportunity for parental involvement came in the form of voluntary 'Parent Teacher Meetings,' which didn't accomplish much, if anything. My main problem, however, with Sheridan Schools, is there total lack of tolerance to students coming from alternative religions, sexual preferences, and cultural orientations. This school could not have been more offensive, and I pray for any student enrolled there.

Sheridan High School
800 West Vine, Sheridan, AR  72150
Last modified Sheridan High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.