PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

We have two teenagers at Abundant Life School and we love it. The academics are excellent, mostly Bob Jones and Abekah curriculum including AP classes that are taught by teachers that really care, in an atmosphere that is Christ Centered. The class sizes are just right, the teachers and students get to know each other and my kids have built relationships that will last a lifetime. ALS has numerous sports, plus music, art and drama too (sorry no football yet) if you're interested in those. In the higher grades they really emphasize college prep, and the counselors are excellent at guiding the students to the right classes, and finding scholarships. Compared to other private schools it is reasonably priced. Sure you can go to ACA or one of the other big name private schools and get a sparkling building and huge classes, but you will pay out the nose for it. ALS isn’t quite as fancy but our children are getting a more intimate and Christ focused experience at a cost most working class families can afford. Also, note they have a number of discounts for military, veterans, clergy, members of Sylvan Hills First Baptist Church and a few others. I will note that the school had some issues in 2009-2010 with some faculty misconduct. You may find that on Google. The bad actors are gone and those issues are all in the past. My kids have been at ALS since 2014 and we’ve seen nothing but the best from the faculty and staff!

Handles bullying effectively: Agree

Every school deals with bullying. Both are on the small side compared to their peers so I would imagine they would be easy targets for a bully, but that hasn't happened.

Supports LD students: Agree

Classes are fairly small and the teachers are good about giving extra time to students who need it. Advance Placement classes are available and highly encouraged, however Special Ed is very limited. The administration is taking on initiatives to expand Special Ed opportunities at ALS in the near future. Look for ALS to be in the Arkansas Succeed program in 2018.

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

There was a big turnover in leadership in 2010 after some faculty troubles. The new administration has done wonders to right the ship. Mr. Mosley and the staff are total professionals, they have brought the budget back into the black, improved the academics, made numerous improvements to the facility, and brought the schools focus back to Christ centered education as it should be.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Kids will be kids, but the school goes above and beyond to instill godly character in their students and it shows. Walk through a public school and observe how the kids talk and act, then got to ALS. The difference is night and day.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My kids to have some homework, but its not too much.

Throughout our entire elementary school days, ALS was on top! They had excellent staff, great curriculum, awesome classroom management, everything you'd want, but the older my children got, the more the school lacked. I truly don't believe in 4K-3rd grade, my children could've had better teachers. We left because of the switch of curriculum, the partial teachers, & the behavior department. ALS has switched from the Abeka math program to BJU for M&H school. I've always loved how Abeka explained things and how quickly my children could pick up math. I've compared the BJU to AR public school's curriculum and it seems my children and many others are behind. If I am going to pay this much money on education, why would I want my child to be falling behind? It seems as if they put more effort into sports than into education. Don't get me wrong, I loved many of the teachers and my children bonded often with them, but some teachers didn't perform as they could've. I also think they lacked a Christian discipline. Times my son was bullied, nothing was done. I loved the Bible program and how the teachers taught it. Love the elementary, but they should work on their M&H school.

Love this school! Small class sizes, Christian values, friendly & caring faculty/staff, challenging curriculum! My 1st grader is learning cursive! Great value-- best keep secret in Central Arkansas!

Excellent school providing an excellent, Christ-centered education. My children graduated top of their class and went on to excel in college (one graduated with a 4.0 in honors program, the other is currently tops in his major!). I firmly believe that students get whatever they put into school, and Abundant Life provides all the foundation they need to be successful!

We removed our son to protect him from the constant bullying and threats. We reported the problems to the staff numerous times and NO action was taken. The total lack of concern from the staff lead me to believe this school is NO place for Christian kids.

Last modified Abundant Life School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12