Public charter
Sherwood, AR

Posted April 16, 2014
I am a student at Lisa Academy North and i HIGHLY recommend it. This school is all about college preparation! This is my first year at Lisa North as a 6th grader, and i am in Pre-AP classes. I take 11 classes.. 8 a day and I have 4 foreign teachers who are very understandable. In turkish class, which is a class that a foreign teacher teaches i learned how to say my numbers too 1 million, my months, days of the week, how to greet others in turkish, 3 turkish songs along with 1 turkish chant and much more. Anyway the point is This is an awesome school and i really recommend it. GO LISA ACADEMY!!!!!

Posted August 01, 2013
I am a staff member and I must say I am thrilled about this school year! Every year gets better and better! LISA NORTH ROCKS!!!!!

Lisa Academy North Middle 2

Posted April 03, 2013
I'm so glad the state board of education only renewed LISA North for 5 years whereas it renewed the other charter schools in Arkansas for 10! I am a major advocate of charter school, but LISA North is the worst. It has a high teacher turnover rate, the students leave at the high school level in droves, and the administration seems not to support all parents, students, and teachers. Way to go, state board of education for listening to parent and teacher concerns about this school!

Lisa Academy North Middle 1

Posted December 27, 2012
I am a student at this school and I don't recommend it. currently as of December 27 , for a month or longer I haven't learned any English. My eng. teacher left and now we just do little pages that only take tens min. To do out of 52min of class. Also I came from Dunbars GT program last year. I was in Pre-Algebra and they put me in the class under that. I tryed to get into the 'P' or Princeton classes but I was told I couldn't. I didn't appreciate this but I couldn't go back to Dunbar so now I'm stuck in a math behind. Another complaint is we have groups 'H' or Harvard and 'P' or Princeton and we stay w/ those same people all year each class . We have no interactions w/ the other group. To me that's not good social skills. also we have Turkish teachers and their sentence structure isn't good to the point where you can't understand what their saying a plus they talk fast which doesn't help. I wish I could go back to my GT classes at Dunbar but we all know you can't go back in time , now I'm stuck with the consequences and in dont want other students to. The only sports we have are for more leaned towards boys.

Posted December 15, 2012
Lisa Academy North is a great school. All the teachers are friendly and the students are very nice. We learn a lot here at Lisa, and it offers a variety of clubs that you can join, from a math team, to a soccer team, to archery. Sports and education aren't the only clubs available to you in Lisa. You can also join a movie making club, art club, and many more. Lisa Academy is a great school, and I recommend to go here.

Posted December 15, 2012
Being a student at LISA North has been one of the best experiences of my life. Over the past semester, it has given me multiple opportunities that I never would have had access to including a comprehensive STEM curriculum, advanced math and science courses, and the opportunities to join the MATHCOUNTS and FLL Robotics team. As a student I would highly recommend this school for any parent with a child with an interest in science and math or one wishing to explore extracurricular activities he/she would have never had at his/her old school.

Posted December 14, 2012
I have taught in the public schools for over 25 years and am now a teacher at Lisa Academy North. I feel so fortunate to teach at a school where the children come to school ready and eager to learn, the teachers and administrators are supportive, professional, and caring, and the parents are actively involved and committed to their children's overall educational success. We all know we're at a first-class school where the children come first. Check us out!

Posted December 13, 2012
I am a parent at LISA North. I suggest the parent familarize themselves with the LISA Academy MISSION before they start speaking against it. This is what it reads from the website at www.lisanorth.org. It states: The mission of LISA Academy is to provide an academically rigorous college preparatory program, in partnership with students, families, and the community, and guide all students in gaining knowledge, skills, and the attitude necessary to direct their lives, improve a diverse society, and excel in a changing world by providing dynamic, resource-rich learning environments. LISA North staff, teachers and administration go above and beyond to fulfill their mission. For the students that struggle, they offer tutor programs after school and even on WEEKENDS. All of them FREE! The database has EVERYTHING from lunch to grades to homework to grades to discipline. The administration created a mobile app for our convenience. It is up to you as the parent if you want to use it or not. The parental involvment is outstanding! Administraton is there for all events and outings! LISA North is not a fit if you want your child lost in the crowd and you have to be a responsible parent.

Posted December 13, 2012
LISA North is a great school! As with all new schools, it has had a few issues and growing pains as they expand to go from grades k-12. I have had 2 children attend LISA North. One that has been there since 3rd grade and is now in 7th, and one who has been there since 9th grade and is now in the first graduating class. Both of the above mentioned kids attended PCCSD and had terrible experiences. Public schools do not have the resources to adequately teach the sheer volume of kids they have. I feel sorry for their teachers. If you have a child who is at either end of the spectrum, unless they are special needs, they get lost in the sea of kids vs teacher ratio at public schools. LISA has smaller classes and more individual attention for their students. While not on the level of public as far as extra circulars, they are growing each year. And to the person that said that they have to pay for extra curricular activities, you have to do that in public school too. I have paid many club fees, band fees, cheer leading fees, etc., when my kids were in public schools. Again, no school is perfect, but LISA is way ahead of the public schools in Central AR! Look at their test scores.

Posted December 13, 2012
As a student at LISA Academy- North, I can truly say that I have had a wonderful experience at LISA. I am President of the National Honor Society as well as a participant in National History Day. As the President and a member of the National Honor Society, I have had a life changing and learning experience by getting out and helping others in my community. LISA Academy- North has also been great with reaching out to the community and helping others! This past school year I went to the National History Day- National Competition in Washington D.C. and I received great support from my school in helping me to get there. The teachers at LISA Academy are also extraordinary! Our teachers are always willing to offer up their time to help a student during club and aftercare time. LISA Academy offfers many different programs that are very beneficial to their students. LISA Academy- North is a wonderful school and I am so fortunate to have spent my middle and high school years here!

Lisa Academy North Middle
5410 Landers Rd, Sherwood, AR  72117
Last modified Lisa Academy North Middle is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisa Academy North Middle Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top