Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Lisa Academy North Elementary 1

Posted August 16, 2016
I am outraged at Lisa North. They give you a map on how to drop off your child and where to park. It is crammed regardless if you do either or. They keep a gate locked. They do not allow you to walk your kids thru the gate even during bad weather. They have a pedestrian walk way painted on the asphalt that they do not allow you to use. They turn you away and tell you to either get in line with the rest of the parents dropping off their kids or to walk around the fence with your child to drop them off. I proposed them unlock the gate and let kids thru due to them being wet, cold and possibly getting sick and that this is why they have a pedestrian walk. They ignored me. When I brought up parents breaking down waiting on them to get to the front of the school in line to drop off their kids; they still ignored me. I brought up their own school policy of parking and dropping off kids; they ignored me. Most of all when I brought up their attendance and tardiness policies they told me they were following protocol. My reasoning. Your policy is kids be on time, neat, clean, dry and no absences or at least few. They are causing kids to be tardy, nasty, wet and sometimes absent! Parents are late to work, some parents have to park due to having older vehicles that will overheat while waiting in line. They have the gate locked to the pedestrian walk way and force parents and kids to walk all the way around their facility to get their kids to school! Then the kids are wet, dirty and now cold due to them having to walk all the way around. Then the potential comes up that the kids will get sick because of the supposed protocol. IF THE SCHOOL HAS THAT PROTOCOL THEN WHEY DO THEY HAVE A GATE? WHY DO THEY TELL THE PARENTS WHERE IS OK TO PARK AND BRING KIDS IN; WITH A MAP? IT IS NOT FAIR FOR THEM TO ALLOW STAFF TO WALK THRU BUT NO ONE ELSE! I spoke with the assistant principle a day the principle about this. They both said it was protocol and ignored me. They are making our kids sick! I AM NOT A PERSON TO GIVE BAD RATINGS BUT THIS SCHOOL TAKES THE CAKE AT TERRIBLE FOR SUPPOSED PROTOCOL.

Lisa Academy North Elementary 5

Posted April 04, 2016
My oldest kiddo was bullied at his previous school and wanted nothing to do with school. He still is not happy going to school, but its not like I'm sending off to some punishment now. Teachers are responsive to the students and we as parents are informed every day via phone apps/online postings of homework due, class grades, etc. He is much happier in this school. My little girl started Kindergarten this year, and the teachers have been awesome. She loves them. They keep us informed via Class Dojo and post pictures of things. One of the coolest things I have seen is they bring in older kids, 9th graders for example, and have reading time with them and writing time. All grades are sharing with each other and building bonds. Great school.

Lisa Academy North Elementary
Develops respect: Agree

Posted January 13, 2016
Yes, students did a great activity about "bucket dipping" where my student said they learned about being kind to friends.

Posted January 13, 2016
Teachers care about their students and are committed to a high level education. My child's teacher uses a great app called class dojo so we can communicate constantly.

Posted September 14, 2015
We have been involved at this campus since the first year it opened. My oldest attended 1-6th grades and my youngest is currently in her 5th year here. I have been pleased and thankful for every teacher my girls have had and have been privileged to have personal relationships with many of the staff and faculty. I understand the small classes and limited extracurriculars May not be for everybody, which is why we transferred my oldest out for middle/high. But I think the elementary is superb.

Posted September 14, 2015
With all due respect unless your a teacher you have know idea what it is like. Teachers can't just teach anymore because half the time they are having to correct student behavior because it is not getting done at home. It is well said by many that Teaching is one of the hardest jobs with the lowest pay! There is no perfect teacher/school as there is no perfect parent. My child attends Lisa and the teachers and staff are always helpful and do the best they can. Lets all make the choice to do our part the best we can do make every student successful.

Posted September 14, 2015
I too have children at Lisa Academy North, one has been here 5 years and the other 3. I have read all of the comments that have been posted and I disagree with a lot of the negative statements made. Of course there are things that Lisa North could improve, I am sure that there aren't ANY schools that can claim that they are perfect! In response to the post on August 4, 2015 where the community member stated that "the kindergartner teacher who became the Dean of Discipline" didn't have a loving caring personality....both of my children were in her kindergarten class and loved her. She was a fantastic teacher who more than cared for both of my children, neither of whom are perfect in regards to behavior and education. This educator was amazing as a teacher and fair as the Dean of Discipline (even when my child has done something wrong). My spouse and I have had issues with some educational and discipline policies, but instead of venting online about them, we have taken them up the proper chain of command. We appreciate all of the staff, and plan to keep our children in Lisa until they either graduate or until we feel that the school is no longer a good fit. Both of my children are happy and learning here....and that is what counts!

Lisa Academy North Elementary 2

Posted June 17, 2015
My daughter got dentention for falling asleep in class. It didn't matter that she's in a sleep study, or take medication for her condition, or that she wears a special watch that tracks her sleep pattern, or that the teacher and i had to keep a journal, or that i brought a stack of paperwork proving this, or that she stayed over night at the hospital so they could study her sleep pattern, the fact remains that if there isn't a diagnosis stating YES THIS IS WHY SHE'S FALLING ASLEEP, it doesn't matter to them. My son has to repeat the 8th grade because he has some failing grades. He spent a lot of time in the hospital this year. He does have a blood disorder(Sickle Cell), which he's sick a lot. Seems like i had to constantly prove everything over and over with each time being with a different staff member. Summer school for middle schoolers are only available if you fail 1 class ONLY. The receptionist called me by phone to tell me my son would be retained in the 8th grade. No paperwork, info, or anything. Thourhout the school year he had 3 different Spanish teachers, billed me $200 for club fees which i had to prove that this was incorrect, one teacher emailed me to tell me she couldn't controll her class, and she didn't know what to do at this point. In the middle of the school year, the math teacher decided to put certain kids in a different math class. Asked her what was this based off of and she stated it was too many students in one class, but according to my son most of one race was in one class and the other race was in her class. I asked her why was this and she stated she didn't realize that until i mentioned it.. Yeah Right! Both my kids are good students. Never any problems until they started this school. Most teachers have strong accents that you cant understand. This was the worst mistake ever letting them attend this school!!!!!!!

Lisa Academy North Elementary 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This is the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The Elementary teachers' education/knowledge is questionable. They play favorites. My daughter was bullied incessantly by other students and by the kindergarten and first grade teachers. She has a mental disability and when advised, the teachers behavior still did not improve and the faculty refused to provide us with a 504 plan. They "forgot" to send her to get pictures made and in the class picture she is the only child disheveled looking bc no one bothered to straighten her hair before the picture. This place is a nightmare and parents are expected to teach the work with huge packets of homework they know nothing about the material because they listened to music and watched movies all day, while the teachers take every other day off. If you love your children and do not work at this school don't send your child here.

Lisa Academy North Elementary 2

Posted January 05, 2015
Many of the teachers are not certified. Most of the Elementary teachers I have noticed are verbally abusive to the children. They either let the kids run wild, or are entirely too strict. I would not recommend this school to elementary, middle, or high school students.

Lisa Academy North Elementary
5410 Landers Rd, Sherwood, AR  72117
Last modified Lisa Academy North Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.