Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Lisa Academy North Elementary
Develops respect: Agree

Posted January 13, 2016
Yes, students did a great activity about "bucket dipping" where my student said they learned about being kind to friends.

Posted January 13, 2016
Teachers care about their students and are committed to a high level education. My child's teacher uses a great app called class dojo so we can communicate constantly.

Posted September 14, 2015
We have been involved at this campus since the first year it opened. My oldest attended 1-6th grades and my youngest is currently in her 5th year here. I have been pleased and thankful for every teacher my girls have had and have been privileged to have personal relationships with many of the staff and faculty. I understand the small classes and limited extracurriculars May not be for everybody, which is why we transferred my oldest out for middle/high. But I think the elementary is superb.

Posted September 14, 2015
With all due respect unless your a teacher you have know idea what it is like. Teachers can't just teach anymore because half the time they are having to correct student behavior because it is not getting done at home. It is well said by many that Teaching is one of the hardest jobs with the lowest pay! There is no perfect teacher/school as there is no perfect parent. My child attends Lisa and the teachers and staff are always helpful and do the best they can. Lets all make the choice to do our part the best we can do make every student successful.

Posted September 14, 2015
I too have children at Lisa Academy North, one has been here 5 years and the other 3. I have read all of the comments that have been posted and I disagree with a lot of the negative statements made. Of course there are things that Lisa North could improve, I am sure that there aren't ANY schools that can claim that they are perfect! In response to the post on August 4, 2015 where the community member stated that "the kindergartner teacher who became the Dean of Discipline" didn't have a loving caring personality....both of my children were in her kindergarten class and loved her. She was a fantastic teacher who more than cared for both of my children, neither of whom are perfect in regards to behavior and education. This educator was amazing as a teacher and fair as the Dean of Discipline (even when my child has done something wrong). My spouse and I have had issues with some educational and discipline policies, but instead of venting online about them, we have taken them up the proper chain of command. We appreciate all of the staff, and plan to keep our children in Lisa until they either graduate or until we feel that the school is no longer a good fit. Both of my children are happy and learning here....and that is what counts!

Posted June 17, 2015
My daughter got dentention for falling asleep in class. It didn't matter that she's in a sleep study, or take medication for her condition, or that she wears a special watch that tracks her sleep pattern, or that the teacher and i had to keep a journal, or that i brought a stack of paperwork proving this, or that she stayed over night at the hospital so they could study her sleep pattern, the fact remains that if there isn't a diagnosis stating YES THIS IS WHY SHE'S FALLING ASLEEP, it doesn't matter to them. My son has to repeat the 8th grade because he has some failing grades. He spent a lot of time in the hospital this year. He does have a blood disorder(Sickle Cell), which he's sick a lot. Seems like i had to constantly prove everything over and over with each time being with a different staff member. Summer school for middle schoolers are only available if you fail 1 class ONLY. The receptionist called me by phone to tell me my son would be retained in the 8th grade. No paperwork, info, or anything. Thourhout the school year he had 3 different Spanish teachers, billed me $200 for club fees which i had to prove that this was incorrect, one teacher emailed me to tell me she couldn't controll her class, and she didn't know what to do at this point. In the middle of the school year, the math teacher decided to put certain kids in a different math class. Asked her what was this based off of and she stated it was too many students in one class, but according to my son most of one race was in one class and the other race was in her class. I asked her why was this and she stated she didn't realize that until i mentioned it.. Yeah Right! Both my kids are good students. Never any problems until they started this school. Most teachers have strong accents that you cant understand. This was the worst mistake ever letting them attend this school!!!!!!!

Lisa Academy North Elementary 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This is the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The Elementary teachers' education/knowledge is questionable. They play favorites. My daughter was bullied incessantly by other students and by the kindergarten and first grade teachers. She has a mental disability and when advised, the teachers behavior still did not improve and the faculty refused to provide us with a 504 plan. They "forgot" to send her to get pictures made and in the class picture she is the only child disheveled looking bc no one bothered to straighten her hair before the picture. This place is a nightmare and parents are expected to teach the work with huge packets of homework they know nothing about the material because they listened to music and watched movies all day, while the teachers take every other day off. If you love your children and do not work at this school don't send your child here.

Posted January 05, 2015
Many of the teachers are not certified. Most of the Elementary teachers I have noticed are verbally abusive to the children. They either let the kids run wild, or are entirely too strict. I would not recommend this school to elementary, middle, or high school students.

Lisa Academy North Elementary 5

Posted September 10, 2014
I love this school we have had no issues and my kids have been here 3 years now

Posted August 26, 2014
Lisa has been a pure disaster for my children. It is controlled by one administrator and staffed with underpaid stressed teacher. If your child us in the k,1,2 ,they will nit learn until 3rd grade. The best teachers are they teachers that there test count. K-2 teachers arr always inconsistent and not experienced. The school is ran my administration and it seems to be very cold. I have been here 4 years and it is worse every year. The kids have been promised a playground and all they have is a blacktop concrete.

Lisa Academy North Elementary
5410 Landers Rd, Sherwood, AR  72117
Last modified Lisa Academy North Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisa Academy North Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top