Public charter
Sherwood, AR

Posted June 17, 2015
My daughter got dentention for falling asleep in class. It didn't matter that she's in a sleep study, or take medication for her condition, or that she wears a special watch that tracks her sleep pattern, or that the teacher and i had to keep a journal, or that i brought a stack of paperwork proving this, or that she stayed over night at the hospital so they could study her sleep pattern, the fact remains that if there isn't a diagnosis stating YES THIS IS WHY SHE'S FALLING ASLEEP, it doesn't matter to them. My son has to repeat the 8th grade because he has some failing grades. He spent a lot of time in the hospital this year. He does have a blood disorder(Sickle Cell), which he's sick a lot. Seems like i had to constantly prove everything over and over with each time being with a different staff member. Summer school for middle schoolers are only available if you fail 1 class ONLY. The receptionist called me by phone to tell me my son would be retained in the 8th grade. No paperwork, info, or anything. Thourhout the school year he had 3 different Spanish teachers, billed me $200 for club fees which i had to prove that this was incorrect, one teacher emailed me to tell me she couldn't controll her class, and she didn't know what to do at this point. In the middle of the school year, the math teacher decided to put certain kids in a different math class. Asked her what was this based off of and she stated it was too many students in one class, but according to my son most of one race was in one class and the other race was in her class. I asked her why was this and she stated she didn't realize that until i mentioned it.. Yeah Right! Both my kids are good students. Never any problems until they started this school. Most teachers have strong accents that you cant understand. This was the worst mistake ever letting them attend this school!!!!!!!

Lisa Academy North Elementary 1

Posted January 26, 2015
This is the worst school my daughter has ever attended. The Elementary teachers' education/knowledge is questionable. They play favorites. My daughter was bullied incessantly by other students and by the kindergarten and first grade teachers. She has a mental disability and when advised, the teachers behavior still did not improve and the faculty refused to provide us with a 504 plan. They "forgot" to send her to get pictures made and in the class picture she is the only child disheveled looking bc no one bothered to straighten her hair before the picture. This place is a nightmare and parents are expected to teach the work with huge packets of homework they know nothing about the material because they listened to music and watched movies all day, while the teachers take every other day off. If you love your children and do not work at this school don't send your child here.
4 people found this helpful

Posted January 05, 2015
Many of the teachers are not certified. Most of the Elementary teachers I have noticed are verbally abusive to the children. They either let the kids run wild, or are entirely too strict. I would not recommend this school to elementary, middle, or high school students.
4 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2014
I love this school we have had no issues and my kids have been here 3 years now
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 26, 2014
Lisa has been a pure disaster for my children. It is controlled by one administrator and staffed with underpaid stressed teacher. If your child us in the k,1,2 ,they will nit learn until 3rd grade. The best teachers are they teachers that there test count. K-2 teachers arr always inconsistent and not experienced. The school is ran my administration and it seems to be very cold. I have been here 4 years and it is worse every year. The kids have been promised a playground and all they have is a blacktop concrete.

Lisa Academy North Elementary 1

Posted July 29, 2014
I am a student at this school I hate it so much the teachers treat me badly the dean is just awful and the kids is horrible this school makes me so mad I was at school crying because my parents made me go to the school then I was gone run away so I didn't have to go to tr school everyone in my class was crying talking about they didn't wanna go there and I tried to be strong for them but I couldn't now my parents are making me go there again I hate this school ughhh please don't put your kid in this school it's a bad idea
2 people found this helpful

Posted January 14, 2014
This is our 4th year. We continue to be dedicated to our child's academic success and we are met by her teachers. They have been kind, generous, encouraging, and strict. Each of these traits serve the children and enable them to reach closer to their potential. We have had several social/instructional opportunities for the parents to learn how to help our children learn. I see the same parents and kids at each event. While the school has challenges (what group of more th)an 2 doesn't), it is not safety, nor is it lack of talented, caring, dedicated teachers. I would recommend it.

Posted October 23, 2013
This school has been amazing for my son. His behavior, grades, and attitude have all had unbelievable positive changes. I think had he stayed in the public school system he would just be an average C student. At Lisa, the teachers work with him and help him to reach his full potential. His grades have went from almost straight C's to almost straight A's. The teachers communicate with the parents on a regular basis, and its definitely more personalized than the public school system. I am very happy with Lisa and feel it has had a positive effect on my child. This school has MANY opportunities for parent involvement. I can not think of anything bad to say about this school.

Lisa Academy North Elementary 3

Posted August 28, 2013
My husband and I felt privileged that our daughter was accepted into this school. So far the curriculum has been great however the appearance of the school on the outside looks awful. There is trash laying on the ground everywhere which gives the impression that it's ok to just throw your trash on the ground. The outside of the school should be represented better than that since it is what gives a person the first impression of the kids environment. Not to mention the example it sets. Hopefully things will improve.

Posted August 23, 2013
My children are in 5th and 4th grade at LISA Academy North. They have both attended since kindergarten. This school is a safe, caring, family-oriented environment. It is academically challenging. LISA also has grades through the 12th. These older kids are the nicest, best group of young men and women you could ever desire to be around your younger children. I have never felt unsafe or uncomfortable there. And neither have my kids. The teachers and staff are professional, accommodating, and friendly. They also mean business when it comes down to learning. I am so grateful that this is where my children get to go to school.

Lisa Academy North Elementary
5410 Landers Rd, Sherwood, AR  72117
Last modified Lisa Academy North Elementary is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lisa Academy North Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top