Clinton Elementary School

Public | PK-5 | 704 students

Posted May 22, 2013

I have three kids that have been attending for many years. I would have to the say the first few years are wonderful Pre-K through 2nd after that I don't think they learn what they need lack of communication and organization. Teachers don't inform you early enough of issues unless you inquire. The bullying is ridiculous all you hear students say is no snitching. The principal basically covers up what ever she can and is beyond her golden years and should have retired before my kids ever started. If you have young children it's a good foundation for the early years teacher's are wonderful and include parents in everything anything beyond pull them out asap.

Posted October 22, 2012

This school is considreded one of the best schools in Arkansas. I agree for grades k-4 thru 3rd. Any grades beyond that, the teachers are horrible. The lack of communication and organization is unbelievable. Teachers loosing students work and requiring them to do it agian is not fare.. And the sad part about it, is that its an ongoing issue. If its not the teachers and grades its the bullying.There are too many ongoing issues at this school and its time for a NEW CHANGE.. The lack of professionalism is not only with the teachers its with the administration too. You can have meeting/ conference with the teachers and the administration and nothing is resolved. I am a firm believer that you can not please everyone, but at what point will the administration take a GOOD look at the entire picture. I took a chance, thinking the next year it would get better. However it has gotten worse.. Its a pity that this is the only school I'm zoned for and in the state of Arkansas you have assigned zones.

Posted September 12, 2012

oh by the way, check out the low test scores too! Below average in almost everything! Some magnet school! If I could give principal leadership a negative, I would. The only time parents come out in mass numbers is thanksgiving dinner. Other than that, parent participation is very low.

Posted January 2, 2012

My daughter is constantly bullied, and has been all year. This is a terrible excuse for an education. I am embarrassed, but what does an adult expect from a school named after such a horrible president....seriously....what is currently going on at this institution is terrible.

Posted August 31, 2011

As a former student, I would not recommend this school. I attended from 1997 until 2000. During those years, I was bullied, and nothing was done about it. We always got in trouble for talking, and socializing was discouraged. Because of this, I went from outgoing and confident, to shy and timid. Parents were always unwelcome in the building. The prinicipal was always horrible towards parents. I won't mention her name, but I believe she is still there. Academics at that time, were focused around computers. Art, music, and gym class were not available. Lucky for me, mom got me out of there, and sent me to a REAL school.

Posted April 18, 2011

I am a parent of a student at Clinton and I can not ask for a better school and learning environment in the 3 yrs my child has attended. At 4 years old my child was picked on by another student. My husband & I never thought we would have to explain to our child how to handle that type of situation at such a young age but that is a part of PARENTING. The teachers/administrators were very supportive during this time. I am so glad GOD has given me the sense to base MY decisions on MY experiences (BELIEVE NONE OF WHAT YOU HEAR and HALF OF WHAT YOU SEE) b/c there are more than 1 side to every story. Children should know that misbehaving is NEVER a good choice. Even though I want to be with my child 24 hrs a day, I can't; therefore, my husband & I as well as educators, grandparents, and other "positive" people in her life have TEACH her to do the RIGHT thing. She can not be SHELTERED from this world & expect to be PRODUCTIVE in it! Thank you to the administrators & staff for allowing me to volunteer in various capacities @ Clinton. I look forward to the 4 more years we have left.........

Posted March 15, 2011

After reading the reviews I noticed that none are current. Well I was told Clinton was an outstanding school and I will say the teachers are great, but as far as the principal, she really should retire. Beware, this school has a great deal of fights and other issues that are currently going on. Some parents are unaware of the issues, but from first hand experience I'm asking parents to look elsewhere. If you want your child to be bullied and nothing done about it you will love it, but if you don't this isn't the place. Run!!

Posted February 3, 2010

I moved to Cabot for the school district 2 years ago and hated where i lived!!! We moved to Sherwood and never been happier! The school is amazing! I couls not ask for more with out paying a hefty bill! Clinton is a diamond in the rough!!

Posted October 14, 2009

Both of my children attend Clinton Elementary. I have one in third grade and one in pre-k. We love the school! The teachers are very innovative and academically the school is very challenging! We've been very happy with our experiences at this school.

Posted July 20, 2009

I think Clinton is a great school. I have a daughter who attends Clinton now and a son who attending that is now in Middle School. The principal is great. My daughter loves her teachers. Every concern that I've had I have voiced it to the principal and it was handled. Great place for students and parents. Keep up the awesome work.

Posted July 25, 2008

I have 3 children and they have been going to Clinton since Pre K. This school is great. They have learned so much and all of them have had an A/B average. The only thing I feel that needs to be changed is the principals attitude. She can be very snoody at times like she is above others. The teachers and office staff are all great. The academics for the children are also wonderful

Posted July 22, 2008

I like this school, but it isn't for hard to learn children. If your child is slow or need extra help on most things...not a good place to put them...My child is very very smart and actually the school is too slow for her, but she is in alpha so that helps. They could use some different kind of rules when it comes to lunch time...it should be mandatory for teachers to use edline...my child teacher did. But over all it is a great school...the principal is wonderful

Posted March 26, 2008

The school is great for those who students are self sufficient and do not need extra help but for those like my son, who was under a 504 plan and needed extra help, it has been very difficult. The school needs new administration. There is one assistant principal there who is great though. He would make a great principal. There is not always adequate communication from the teachers and some don't utilize edline like they should. Most of the teachers are good, but my son had one or two that was not a good fit for him. The class size is too big - over 20 kids per class! The lunch room which should be a place for kids to relax has someone screaming in a megaphone for the kids to be quiet! They also do not have a long recess at all. The school could use some improvement!

Posted January 31, 2008

Everything about this school is awesome! My daughter loves her teacher, and seems to me, all of the staff. She is always saying hi to the staff as she walks by them and they respond to her by name! Talk about personal attention. The staff from what I have seen is always curtious and patient. They have gone that extra mile to help whenever I or my daughter needed it. I can't say enough about Clinton Elementary.

Posted January 29, 2008

I feel this school could be doing better with more structure toward students and teacher relationship. A student being able to communicate with teacher and the teacher be able to listen. Notify parent immediately when child is not being self sufficient.

Posted May 19, 2007

I feel the Academics are great. However. The policy on bullying is not being inforced. I have a 5th grader that gets bullied all the time. I am very disappointed with the parent involvement. Very much a lack of it. And the teachers won't volunteer for any after school activities. The PTA president is all about her ideas, others don't matter. I know of a PTA Officer that had a Holiday Bazaar and No help from the school. The Bazaar was a success but not because of the PTA staff or Admin Staff help. Another point I don't like is the fact that kids are bused in here from Little Rock. And I don't have a choice where my kids go but to go to the Clinton school. I would prefer a non Magnet school.

Posted May 11, 2007

I have been very impressed the past three years with the teacher involvement. Clinton Elementary seems to recognize the fact, that the students do the work and the teachers 'guide' them in the right direction. Everyone has always been very helpful.

Posted January 21, 2005

Clinton elementary is an excellent school. It has excellent teachers who really, truly care about the kids. The principal leadership is also excellent and the office staff are respectful and courteous. I recommend this school to any parent looking for an elementary school for their child!
—Submitted by a former student

Posted July 15, 2004

I've enjoyed this school since my son started his attendance in pre-k. I've been impressed with the teacher-parent communication and the progress my child has made in his quest for knowledge.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 79% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 86% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Arkansas used the Benchmark Exam to test students in grades 3 through 8 and 11 in literacy and grades 3 through 8 in math. The Benchmark Exam is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Arkansas. The goal is for all students to score at or above the proficient level.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 85% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 82% in 2013.

96 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Literacy

The state average for Literacy was 84% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 61% in 2013.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 57%N/A61%

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

142 Hollywood Blvd