Bad
Good

Posted November 26, 2013
The administration at this school needs an education. Events hosted by the school are chaos, and no staff members ever show up for school cleanup days, including the principal or any teachers. SAD. My childs teacher in kindergarden made an error on her report card, and explained that my child was really at a higher level, but the form was "new and confusing", so it placed my child at a lower level. The teacher did not bother to correct it. Evidently it was too much effort. I decided that day that I would enroll my child elsewhere. Oakbrooke has very LAZY administration and my family will not accept that as "OK".

Posted November 20, 2013
I LOVE OAKBROOKE!!!!!!!!!! Oakbrooke is a great school! The teachers are excellent! I am very happy to put my kids in this school. The kids are a little ruff and that can be improved. But other than that! I love Oakbrooke!

Posted August 22, 2013
Oakbrooke is a great school. My son just entered Pre-K. Ms. Browning is a very sweet and caring teacher.

Posted May 27, 2011
The kids are out of control, several behavior problems in my childs 4th grade class. Too many kids for one teacher & fighting amongst kids not taken seriously enough!

Oakbrooke Elementary School

Posted May 18, 2009
Oakbrooke Elementary is an excellent school with structure. The faculty and staff are eager to help and assist.

Oakbrooke Elementary School 5

Posted May 05, 2009
We have an excellent faculty and staff that are willing to go the extra mile for the students.

Oakbrooke Elementary School 5

Posted April 08, 2009
I love Oakbrooke! I have a fifth grader and since we got our new principal things have been wonderful! She is so nice and personalable. I am greeted with a smail each time I come to the office and if I ever have a question, the secertary is more than willing to help. I truely feel that my child's teacher has his best interest at heart and that means everything to me as a parent!

Oakbrooke Elementary School 3

Posted April 27, 2006
This is our first year at Oakbrooke, I am pleased with my daughter's teachers, but Oakbrooke just does not offer enough Extracurricular activities for the students, I mean this is the first school that my children have attended that didn't have a Spelling Bee Contest, I can't believe you all don't have a after school tutoring program, and there are lots of other things that other schools are doing, that have not been offered at Oakbrooke. Again I have no problem with the teachers at the school, just the need for more extracurricular activities for the students

Posted June 12, 2004
My children have been a part of this school for 4 years now and I've been real happy with my childrens progress.I feel as though we have a very active PTA for the ones that want to be involved.They try to do something once a month for the children and teachers.However, there has definately been a breakdown in communication between the administration, the teachers, and the PTA this past year.The school has made improvements this year, a new fence around the playground, which makes things feel a lot more safe, benches closer to the playground.PTA has had wipe-off boards put up for the majority of the classrooms.PTA has purchased PE equipment for the school and encourages parents to volunteer in teaching PE.We have an Accelerated Reader program that PTA helps by purchasing tests and incentives for students. Green team,DARE,Art, Safety Patrol,and Alpha are more great programs that PTA and teachers support!

Posted April 23, 2004
I think Oakbrooke has the potential to be an excellent school they just don't take advantage of the resources they have. I feel like that they don't promote parental involvement or visitation. I used to be a part of the PTA and I got out because I never could see where inprovements were being made in the school with the money they raised. I think the majority of the teachers need more training on their personable skills and how to relate to children. You can definitely tell what teachers have children and the ones who don't by the way they interact with the children. I think a lot of them are there for mainly a paycheck and nothing else which frustrates me because my child's education is on the line and my tax dollars is paying their salary.

Oakbrooke Elementary School
2200 Thornhill, Sherwood, AR  72120
Last modified Oakbrooke Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.