Siloam Springs, AR

Siloam Springs High School 2

Posted December 08, 2013
I graduated from this school and went on to attain a biology degree, as well as continue my education past my Bachelor's. I have felt "behind the curve" when I left Siloam Springs High School, even though I graduated with a GPA above a 4.0 (thanks to AP courses being on a 5 point scale). My senior year, I wrote a single 3-page paper for an AP Literature class (supposed to be on a college level of difficulty) and did not once take home a text book. I am not accusing Siloam of being a poor school, but I am accusing our education system in general of being broken. It is forced to tailor itself to the lowest common denominator, and offer little challenge of to those students who are "above average". Siloam could improve by actually making "advanced" classes advanced, and not simply just more difficult than an average course.

Siloam Springs High School 0

Posted August 30, 2008
I graduated from Siloam Springs and my boys go there now. We are excited about the new High School, open by the fall of 2010. The sports programs are progressive and very successful. I do, however, believe that the coaching staff is a bit too extreme and has a bad habit of demeaning and using scare tactics to motivate the students. The FFA program is among the best in the state, affording students many varied experiences within the program. Business classes are above average and adequate. The arts programs of the school are varied. While the Band program continues to grow and win awards over the past 30 years, the art, choir and drama programs are lacking. The student body tends to be a bit 'small town minded', but there are several who think outside that box. Overall, Siloam is a good school with opportunites for every type of student.

Siloam Springs High School 4

Posted April 27, 2005
- a former student
The school staff is great. Very supportive and caring. Education in excellent in most subjects, although some of the departments are lacking. But I do not place blame on the teachers or staff. A lack of money is about the only issue here. If the schools themselves are not improved and the teachers pay is not brought up to competitive standards, then I am afraid to say that it will greatly decrease the quality of education here. Even the best teachers can only do so much to keep up with other schools wtihout having the same resources. And quite frankly, I am not sure when the citizens of the community are going to realize that money is needed desperatly do keep a competitive education fully functional.

Siloam Springs High School 4

Posted March 08, 2004
I have 1 child who graduated from SSHS, and 2 currently attending. I find the teachers and administrators extremely caring and doing their best to educate the students with very little support from the community. Yes, the buildings and equipment need much improvement, but there are some great programs and the teachers are in touch with the needs of the students. If only the community would understand the importance of support. We moved here from a neighboring community just so my kids could attend these schools, and we all love it!

Siloam Springs High School 1

Posted December 09, 2003
I was extremely unsatisfied with the environment at SSHS. My student was so miserable she began to refuse to go. Siloam High is a small minded, unconcerend, broken down school. The halls even flood in the rainy season. I moved my daughter and she is doing wonderful. I would suggest you send your children elsewhere.

Siloam Springs High School 5

Posted October 20, 2003

Siloam Springs High School
1500 West Jefferson, Siloam Springs, AR  72761
Last modified Siloam Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Siloam Springs High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top