Bad
Good
1 OVERALL RATING

I graduated from this school and went on to attain a biology degree, as well as continue my education past my Bachelor's. I have felt "behind the curve" when I left Siloam Springs High School, even though I graduated with a GPA above a 4.0 (thanks to AP courses being on a 5 point scale). My senior year, I wrote a single 3-page paper for an AP Literature class (supposed to be on a college level of difficulty) and did not once take home a text book. I am not accusing Siloam of being a poor school, but I am accusing our education system in general of being broken. It is forced to tailor itself to the lowest common denominator, and offer little challenge of to those students who are "above average". Siloam could improve by actually making "advanced" classes advanced, and not simply just more difficult than an average course.

I graduated from Siloam Springs and my boys go there now. We are excited about the new High School, open by the fall of 2010. The sports programs are progressive and very successful. I do, however, believe that the coaching staff is a bit too extreme and has a bad habit of demeaning and using scare tactics to motivate the students. The FFA program is among the best in the state, affording students many varied experiences within the program. Business classes are above average and adequate. The arts programs of the school are varied. While the Band program continues to grow and win awards over the past 30 years, the art, choir and drama programs are lacking. The student body tends to be a bit 'small town minded', but there are several who think outside that box. Overall, Siloam is a good school with opportunites for every type of student.

Last modified Siloam Springs High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.