PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This high school provides a far inferior choice among schools in the area if you are seeking strong, college prep academics. We regrettably chose this school for our child to avoid the large student population of the public schools, however, after our experience within a year, we left Shiloh. There is a reason Bentonville High School and Haas Hall are ranked as the top in AR and Shiloh is way down the list. 1. Curriculum at Shiloh does not challenge the students. Very few AP classes are offered. Of those offered, Shiloh students perform well below those students attending NWA public schools. 2. Teacher Quality is lacking. Shiloh only employs teachers who are members of their church, therefore, limiting the talent pool. When I asked administration how many of their teachers were nationally board certified, my question was met with a blank stare. 3. Extreme lack of transparency. As an involved parent I sought to attend the Shiloh School Board meeting at the beginning of the year. However, I was informed that all information discussed at their board meetings was private - parents, public and media are not invited as is customary with other schools throughout the nation we have attended. 4. Contrary to other reviews, you do NOT have to be in the top socio-economic bracket for your voice to be heard at Shiloh. Although our family was in the top socio-economic bracket of this school's population, our suggestions for improvement were not considered. However, there is preferential treatment given to students who attend their church, which is a plus for those kids. 5. Intolerance is this school's motto. If you are moving here from outside the south and view diversity as a positive, you will be an outsider. Christian hypocrisy among narrow minded administration, teachers and students runs rampant through these school halls.

Very interesting reading the reviews below. I guess we all have our opinions, so here is mine. No school is perfect. Our family wanted a Christian environment with athletics as an option, we get this at Shiloh. Private school is a sacrifice for us but we willingly do it. For me, the tale of the tape is this: When your children graduate college and thank you for sending them to Shiloh it was worth it. When you are driving with your kids across the campus and they say, thank you for sending us here or I m so thankful to be able to come here .it s worth it. The public schools in NWA are good from what I hear, they offer a lot of options and new facilities (that we help pay for) and the athletics are top notch. They are also very crowded and the top 5% and bottom 5% seem to get all of the attention. 2,500 4,000+ children in any school is a BIG school. If going to a school that openly promotes the love of Christ, loves your kids, sends HS students on mission trips and participates in serving the community then you might be interested in Shiloh. For me, it s worth it.

Really fantastic school. Nurturing environment. Our daughter was there from end if her Freshman year through graduation. Would highly recommend the school.

I spent 12 years attending Shiloh. I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's very true (as others have stated here) that you are treated like you are nothing if you are not a member of the church and if you are "just" middle class. I attended Shiloh over ten years ago and it sounds like nothing has changed. The focus on football was absolutely ridiculous!!! Now that I am a parent, I cringe at the thought of ever sending my child to a school like this. Find a school that actually focuses on academics, not athletics!!!

As parents we were torn when we moved here. We wanted our children to have the best possible education with a solid christian foundation. Shiloh boasts about their sports and their educational opportunites. And it's all true... that part is. But the downside is GLARING. Money RULES the school. If you are middle class, you don't matter. If you don't belong to that church, your opinions will fall on deaf ears. One of our daughters was actually told by one of her teachers that if she changed churches and went to Cross Church (the church associated with the school) she would be a better person! I didn't realize the choice her PARENTS made on the church the family attended was any of their business. All the teachers are required to be members of that church, as well as all the admin. The school is affordable, but if your child is involved in ANYTHING (to include the gifted programs which run about $350) be ready to shell out big bucks! We spent nearly $2K additional each year for our childrens activities. It is a great school if you have money and belong to the church... otherwise, go public. We did. Just took us 2 years to figure it all out.

We enrolled our daughter at Shiloh because it was a smaller environment than her previous public school, and we thought that some level of religious education would be good for her. The people are good people. The teachers are nice enough, and my daughter easily transitioned to working with a group of very nice classmates. However, the teachers are far more passionate about spreading the message of Christianity than they are about education. Academically, the school is not challenging. The class offerings are very narrow compared to my daughter's previous junior high school. I seriously doubt that she can get as good an education at Shiloh as she would where she was. For a child struggling in a larger school environment, this may be a great alternative, as well as those looking for a very heavy emphasis on Christianity. If you are looking for outstanding curriculum and extracurricular opportunities, this is not the place to be.

Our kids attended Shiloh for two years until we tired of voicing concerns to no avail. There are many qualities that make this an outstanding choice, but the athletic programs demand entirely too much focus. Canceling class for football, basketball and baseball tournaments demonstrates that sports are more important than scholastics. We were also disappointed in the lack of concern that the elementary principal had over minor bullying that our daughter was receiving. When your kids come home crying every day and the school chooses not to address the issue, it's time to leave.

There are some improvements needed in several areas of the school. Hopefully it will start coming together soon.

This is our second year. School is okay, but the facilities are FAR BELOW standard for a private school. Buildings are dilapidated and not properly heated or cooled and the roof leaks every time it rains. I feel they have too many employee's and give away too many free scholarships to enhance their football team. They just finished building another church for their son to pastor in Fayetteville. They now have three church locations with very LARGE budgets. But no new school. At the parent meeting they announced new(Apple) electronics. But my 9th grader said they still don't have them. Teachers are christians but not very nurturing to students in K-5. We moved here from highly rated public schools with top notch teachers and beautiful facilities to an expensive private school. And on top of that I still have to pay taxes to the public school in our district, which by the way has a new building less than 3 years old. I'm extremely disappointed they don't care enough about students and teachers to renovate "their" prized school. I know as a parent it's my decision to send them to private but after checking out some of the lowest scores in public schools in our area I had no choice.

Great School. Worth every penny! My girls love going to school every day. If you are moving to Northwest Arkansas, I would recommend Shiloh without hesitation.

Last modified Shiloh Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12