Posted August 03, 2014
Really fantastic school. Nurturing environment. Our daughter was there from end if her Freshman year through graduation. Would highly recommend the school.

Shiloh Christian School 1

Posted May 01, 2014
I spent 12 years attending Shiloh. I couldn't wait to get out of there. It's very true (as others have stated here) that you are treated like you are nothing if you are not a member of the church and if you are "just" middle class. I attended Shiloh over ten years ago and it sounds like nothing has changed. The focus on football was absolutely ridiculous!!! Now that I am a parent, I cringe at the thought of ever sending my child to a school like this. Find a school that actually focuses on academics, not athletics!!!

Posted June 27, 2013
As parents we were torn when we moved here. We wanted our children to have the best possible education with a solid christian foundation. Shiloh boasts about their sports and their educational opportunites. And it's all true... that part is. But the downside is GLARING. Money RULES the school. If you are middle class, you don't matter. If you don't belong to that church, your opinions will fall on deaf ears. One of our daughters was actually told by one of her teachers that if she changed churches and went to Cross Church (the church associated with the school) she would be a better person! I didn't realize the choice her PARENTS made on the church the family attended was any of their business. All the teachers are required to be members of that church, as well as all the admin. The school is affordable, but if your child is involved in ANYTHING (to include the gifted programs which run about $350) be ready to shell out big bucks! We spent nearly $2K additional each year for our childrens activities. It is a great school if you have money and belong to the church... otherwise, go public. We did. Just took us 2 years to figure it all out.

Posted December 07, 2012
We enrolled our daughter at Shiloh because it was a smaller environment than her previous public school, and we thought that some level of religious education would be good for her. The people are good people. The teachers are nice enough, and my daughter easily transitioned to working with a group of very nice classmates. However, the teachers are far more passionate about spreading the message of Christianity than they are about education. Academically, the school is not challenging. The class offerings are very narrow compared to my daughter's previous junior high school. I seriously doubt that she can get as good an education at Shiloh as she would where she was. For a child struggling in a larger school environment, this may be a great alternative, as well as those looking for a very heavy emphasis on Christianity. If you are looking for outstanding curriculum and extracurricular opportunities, this is not the place to be.

Shiloh Christian School 2

Posted July 24, 2012
Our kids attended Shiloh for two years until we tired of voicing concerns to no avail. There are many qualities that make this an outstanding choice, but the athletic programs demand entirely too much focus. Canceling class for football, basketball and baseball tournaments demonstrates that sports are more important than scholastics. We were also disappointed in the lack of concern that the elementary principal had over minor bullying that our daughter was receiving. When your kids come home crying every day and the school chooses not to address the issue, it's time to leave.

Posted February 27, 2012
There are some improvements needed in several areas of the school. Hopefully it will start coming together soon.

Shiloh Christian School 2

Posted September 22, 2011
This is our second year. School is okay, but the facilities are FAR BELOW standard for a private school. Buildings are dilapidated and not properly heated or cooled and the roof leaks every time it rains. I feel they have too many employee's and give away too many free scholarships to enhance their football team. They just finished building another church for their son to pastor in Fayetteville. They now have three church locations with very LARGE budgets. But no new school. At the parent meeting they announced new(Apple) electronics. But my 9th grader said they still don't have them. Teachers are christians but not very nurturing to students in K-5. We moved here from highly rated public schools with top notch teachers and beautiful facilities to an expensive private school. And on top of that I still have to pay taxes to the public school in our district, which by the way has a new building less than 3 years old. I'm extremely disappointed they don't care enough about students and teachers to renovate "their" prized school. I know as a parent it's my decision to send them to private but after checking out some of the lowest scores in public schools in our area I had no choice.

Posted August 25, 2010
Great School. Worth every penny! My girls love going to school every day. If you are moving to Northwest Arkansas, I would recommend Shiloh without hesitation.

Posted August 25, 2010
Shiloh Christian School is the best thing that ever happened to our family. No school in the region, or even the state, can come close to the solid academic, athletic, and spiritual environment. It is most definitely the best kept secret in NW Arkansas. The teachers are incredible, the leadership and staff are easy to work with, and the statistics regarding academic testing and scores and college preparedness are amazing--not to mention that nearly 100% of seniors go on to college every year. We were skeptics at first, but once we enrolled our children and saw the change in their lives, we are skeptics no more. We only wish more people could forget what they think they know about the school and go try it for themselves. It has been more than a blessing to this family and worth every single cent.

Shiloh Christian School 1

Posted February 07, 2009

Shiloh Christian School
1707 Johnson Road, Springdale, AR  72762
Last modified Shiloh Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Shiloh Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top